Tachycardia?

Heart Attack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

But you make me wanna act like a girl


Paint my nails and wear high heels


Yea you, make me so nervous


That I just can’t hold your hand

 

GTae’s Story.

Tachycardia?

    

 

Again. For the nth time I set my foot again at the rooftop. It was about 6 pm in the evening. Tiffany and Yuri asked me to join them for dinner but I declined their invitation. For today, I just wanna have some ‘me’ time alone at the rooftop. Perhaps maybe I would spend my time here till the sun bid farewell to me. I made myself comfortable as I sat with my back against the wall.

 I threw my gaze at the railing and suddenly I remembered my rooftop rant with the stranger that Yuri called my rooftop prince. I let out a chuckle. Rooftop prince? Seriously that nickname didn’t suit him one bit. A prince is someone charming and well-mannered but he on the other hand, let’s just say he’s the total opposite.

Yah, Kim Tae Yeon! Stop denying much okay! He is indeed charming. He did charm you into believing in true love once again. Just admit it Taeng! I shook my head and drew a smile on my face. Okay, he is indeed charming, a sweet talker that managed to reason with my insecurity for love. No doubt about that, but for the well-mannered part, I totally disagreed. He did call me midget a couple of times. So he is the evil rooftop prince for me. Kekeke…

I took my IPhone and pressed “speaker on”. Christina Perri – A thousand years began playing with full blast volume for my entertainment. I knew it was like an old song already, but the melody and lyrics of the song were meaningful to me. Especially the opening part of the song:

 

Heart beats fast

Colors and promises

How to be brave

How can I love

when I'm afraid To fall

 

How am I going to be brave? How can I love when the fact is I’m too afraid to fall for someone?

Frankly speaking, we all want to fall in love. Even I, myself want to feel that feeling for someone special. However, the coward Kim Tae Yeon in me just restrained myself from falling in love.

 

*Flashback*

“Taeng, one day you need to fall in love. Just like I’ve fallen in love with Dong Hae, you’ll fall for someone special too.” Yoona said to me with her face widen with a smile. It was her wedding day, and seriously, she did dolled herself up to be one of the most beautiful bride that I’ve ever seen.

“Yoona unnie, it’s not easy to find the kind of love like you and Dong Hae oppa have. And plus why exactly I need to fall in love? Love is troublesome unnie. I rather not tangled myself in deep .”

“Yah, young lady! Watch the way you talk. It’s my wedding day for God sake.” Yoona hissed. I let out a giggle and showed her my sorry face.

“Arasso. Arasso. Sorry Yoona unnie.”

“Aigoo…this kid. Chinchaa..Let this unnie tells you something. Do you wanna know why falling in love is incredible?”

I nodded.

“You see, Taeng, falling in love is an experience that makes us feels completely alive. Every sense is heightened and every emotion is magnified.”

I just stood there in silence. Yoona was still smiling brightly while holding her bouquet of white lilies. I didn’t know how to reply because I’m totally clueless when it comes to L.O.V.E.

“Taeng, falling in love is like the rain. It’s unpredictable, but there’s always signs before it completely fall. And one of them is you’ll have tachycardia just because of him.”

“Tachycardia?”

“Yup.”

“Weiyo? Am I gonna be sick when I fall in love?”

“Aniya..You pabo Taeng! It's definitely not anxiety, heart palpitations, nor fatigue.”

“Then, why Yoona unnie?” Seriously, I was too naïve to understand.

Yoona put her bouquet on the table and held my cheeks with both of her hands. She looked straight into my big brown orbs and gave me her most beautiful smile.

“Love actually will cause you to have a wildly misunderstood yet highly desirable malfunction of the heart. You’ll get tachycardia because of him, your brain weakens, and your eyes start to sparkle. Your cheeks will be glowing red, your blood pressure will rise like sky rocket and your lips will pucker.”

She ruffled my hair.                                                                                                        

“That is love Taeng.”

 

“Urgh…just please slow the ing volume down will you?!”

I snapped back into reality when I heard someone’s voice. I turned around and there he was, my so called rooftop prince. He showed me his grumpy face. Yikes! Did I turn my IPhone volume too loud? And since when he was here? I didn’t see him when I first came up here. Did he use some kind of magic to suddenly pop up at the rooftop?

“Heh… It’s you again midget. I should have known better. Nobody else will come up here and disturb my serenity besides you.” He gave me a smirk. And obviously, that made me annoyed.

“No need for the sarcasm dude. I know it’s my fault. So, I’m sorry okay.”

“Not like you truly mean it though.”

“Yah! Are you trying to pick a fight with me?” I felt my temper began to rise.

“Not really.”

“Then, tell me exactly why are you talking to me with that annoying tone?”

He stood up and stretched his body. He looked at me and jerked his eyebrows.

“You seriously don’t know or you’re just acting innocent?”

“Yah! Don’t accuse me like that okay!”

“Can’t you see that I’m being grumpy because you just disturbed my beauty sleep? So don’t blame me for talking with that tone with you. You’re the one at fault here. Not me.”

My gastroesophageal reflux suddenly made me want to throw up when I heard he said the words ‘beauty sleep’. I never knew even guys need be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter