Love?

Heart Attack
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Puttin’ my defences up
‘Cause I don’t wanna fall in love
If I ever did that
I think I’d have a heart attack

 

Love?

For me, to love means you are taking a risk. There’s a 50 % possibility that hey, you’ll find the right guy, fall in love with each other, and you’ll live happily ever after. But there’s also a 50% possibility for you to meet the wrong guy, fall in love but instead of the fairy tale ending ‘and we live happily ever after’, you’ll get your heart broken in the process. So many girls fall in love with the wrong guy simply because the wrong guy usually says the right things. And boy, I really don’t want to be one of the girls who fall for the wrong guy.

Love?

Love is a gamble. You take a chance, let your heart go, like a dice, you never know the result until the end. Guess what, at the end of the day, your heart still has the chance to be broken by some stupid guys. Being heartbroken is like having broken ribs. On the outside everything seems fine, as we put on our poker face but every breath actually hurts like hell. Call me a coward for not wanting to take a risk to fall in love but seeing my friends had their hearts broken really took a toll on me.

My best friend, Kwon Yuri almost lost herself when that Choi Min Ho played her heart like she was a piece of crap that meant nothing for him. I’ve seen Yuri cried herself to sleep every night and it pained me seeing her like that. Tiffany’s situation wasn’t even better than Yuri’s. She had fallen into the trap set by one of the playboy kingkas in our college, the jerk Jang Woo Young.  She too got herself played and well, it took a lot of efforts from me to get her back onto her feet, to get her face drawn with her famous eye smile once again.

 

*Flashback 1 – Yuri’s heartbreak*

It was Sunday morning. The day was shone with the bright Mr Sunshine and I was hoping that this is going to be a good day. But you know that sometimes you just can only hope and just by hoping wasn’t enough to make it come true.

I was supposed to meet Tiffany at the mall when I suddenly received a call from Kwon Yuri, my best friend. I thought maybe she’d call to ask if she could join us because it had been a long time since we hang out together. Ever since she hooked up with Choi Min Ho, she spent less of her time with me and Tiffany. I missed her but I didn’t blurt any word of it because I knew she was happy with her long term crush and now boyfriend Choi Min Ho.

“Hello Yuri yah! What’s up girl?” Silence. No word spoken from the person on the line.

“Hello??Hello?? Yuri, are you there?” I said it a couple of times and maybe I raised my voice tone so that Yuri would hear me. Maybe the reception was not so good. That’s why Yuri didn’t hear my voice.

I was expecting to hear her voice answering me but what came through the phone call made my heart almost stopped.

“Taeng…” I heard her calling my name but I also heard her sobbing loudly.

“Yuri ar, besties, are you okay? Why are you crying?”

“Taeng..” She spoke my name again. I began to have this uneasy feeling inside my heart.

“Yuri, why are crying?”

“Taeng, I want to die.”

“Say what?! Yuri, don’t talk rubbish please! This is not funny! AT ALL!” I emphasized the word ‘at all’ because she was scaring me to the core of my heart.

“I’m not talking rubbish. Taeng…Taeng…I really want to die now. It hurts. It hurts so bad Taeng.”

“Why? Babe, what happened? And where the hell are you now?”

“Taeng.. It’s Min Ho.”

“Min Ho? What about him?”

“He..he…he broke up with me. Taeng, why did he do that? Doesn’t he love me anymore? He promised me forever Taeng. But…now.. he… he left me.” Yuri cried more loudly after that.

And due to her cries, I felt my heart dropped. Yuri was crying because of Min Ho! WTF did that do to my Yuri?! How dare he hurt her like this!

“Besties, tell me where you are now! I’m coming to see you A.S.A.P!”

“I’m at the lake. Please come Taeng. I’m hurting so badly here. I.. I feel like I couldn’t think straight right now. I’m a total mess. My mind is blank Taeng.”

“Yah, Kwon Yuri! You better not do anything stupid. I’m warning you besties. Stay put and wait for me okay! I’m coming right now arasso!”

 

After I texted Tiffany about Yuri’s condition, we both hurried up to go to the lake. I was sure as hell that in my heart, I was cursing Choi Min Ho to the core. He dared do this to Yuri. I was thinking that he desperately needed a death penalty from me right now. Hopefully karma will bite him hard soon enough!

Tiffany and I finally reached the lake. We searched around for Yuri. In my heart, I was praying hard that Yuri didn’t do anything stupid. It was not worth it to suffer because of Choi Min Ho.

“Yuri! Yuri! Where are you?” Tiffany called out Yuri’s name.

“Fany ar, try calling her cell phone. She has got to be around here somewhere!”

I waited for Tiffany to call Yuri. My eyes wondered around before I spotted Yuri’s figure sitting on the bench near the edge of the lake.

“Fany, it’s Yuri. She’s over there.” I dragged Tiffany and we both dashed straight to Yuri.

“Yuri!” Both Tiffany and I called her name.

Yuri turned around and we saw her crying face. She looked miserable. She looked like a total mess. Tiffany and I quickly sat next to Yuri, with Tiffany on her left side while I on the other hand was on her right.

We didn’t spoke a word. Nothing came out from our mouth. Both Tiffany and I had a lot of question in our mind but we just stood there in silence, holding Yuri’s hands. Yuri looked so sad and her black orbs were tearing up like crazy.

“Yuri, besties stop crying okay.” Tiffany who can’t stand seeing Yuri’s tears finally spoke up.

“What happened? What did Min Ho do to you?” I asked her hoping that if she can let out all the things that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter