A Wonderful, Bright Day

One of a Kind

 

 

 

 

YOONA POV

 

I woke up early to start the day with full of energy. I checked the clock and its 7:00am. I decided to go to the small park for a jog, maybe it's around 3 blocks away from our dorm. I ran to the bath and changed my clothes into a sporty outfit; I wear a sweatshirt with a hoodie so that no one will be able to distinguish me. I told Taeyeon unnie that I will be just having a walk on the park and she told me to be careful and go home in time.

 

I jog all the way to the park. And when I arrived I immediately lay my body on the grass and I find it very relaxing. I stare at the blue sky and suddenly a guy appeared on my mind… LEE JONGHYUN.

 

“I wonder what he is doing right now. I guess he is still asleep… I was not able to say goodbye to him yesterday, am I that cold with him? But no, I’m just shy in front of him. I hope he didn’t misinterpret me yesterday…”

 

I slowly closed my eyes, placed my right hand on my chest and feel my heart. Every time I think of him, my heart is beating fast.

“What have you done to me… LEE JONGHYUN?

 

 

I was talking to myself when suddenly...

 

“Yoona-shi???” –I heard a guy called me, and I guess he’s near

 

I stopped with my dreamland upon hearing my name and…

 

“Oh no, somebody notices me.” I blurted out but still my eyes are close

 

I slowly open my eyes and shockingly…

 

“Yah, Lee Jonghyun! I mean Jonghyun-shi, what are you doing here?” I was surprised to see him again unexpectedly at this place, at this hour, at this moment. Geez!

I finally sat on the grass.

 

 

“Yoona-shi mianhae if I shocked and disturbed you.”

 

“It’s okay Jonghyun-shi, I’m just surprised, I didn’t expect…"

 

“Me too...” –he continued and smiled at me with his dimples

 

“Anyway, what are you doing here?”

 

“I just came back from Busan with Yonghwa hyung, we had separate route and hyung went straight to the dorm and then along my way, I saw this park, I decided to stop by and have some walk. Actually, I saw you from the time that you arrived here, at first I was not sure if it’s really you, I was just observing from afar. And then I find your moves interesting when suddenly you lay down on the grass. I went near and found out that it’s really you, that’s why I decided to go near and approach you.

 

He explained to me how did he end up there.

I was just staring at him while listening to his explanation, staring at his cute dimples appearing on his cheeks while speaking.

 

“Ah, I see…”  I nodded in response to him

 

“Well since you’re here, will you accompany me to eat? I am so hungry now and I didn’t take my breakfast yet…” I told him pouting

“Sure Yoona-shi… in fact, I feel hungry as well. You know any place here where we can go?”

 

“Yup!”  I answered him smiling

 

 

We went to his car and he drove to the place I told him where they served the best ramyun ever. We found a parking which is still far from the restaurant so we decided to walk.

As we are walking I’m sharing him stories about me. My favorites, my hobbies, my funny experiences. And he is continuously laughing at me. He is so cute. I can’t believe that I’m very open talking to him this time. And now I was able to control my heart beat. Maybe because I can talk to him comfortably. And I found him fun to be with. We had a great conversation. He is sharing funny stories as well with his CNblue brothers.

 

“Jonghyun-shi, since we are already friends, can we drop the –shi then? I think It’s much better if we call each other with our names not so formal”

 

 “I think so. Its way absolutely better… what shall I call you Yoona-shi?”

 

“Nyah! You called me Yoona-shi again…Hahaha”

“Okay, you can call me Yoona or maybe Yoong… that’s what mostly of my closest friends calls me. I love it anyway.”

 

“Alright, so it’s Yoong then. It sounds nice either and it suits you. It sounds choding and weird… Hahaha”

 

“Yah!” he’s teasing me and I pout

“Now you are teasing me. You are just like Kyu Oppa...”

 

“Hahaha…Im just kidding Yoong! You can call me Jongie then, ‘coz that’s what my closest friends call me also."

 

I nodded.

We’re finally at the restaurant and I ordered 2 bowls of ramyun for both of us.

 

 “Do you always come to this place Yoong?”

“Yes! With the girls. This is our hang-out place especially when we want to eat outside. They have the best chefs here.”

 

‘Ah, so they knew already you guys...” he asked

“Yes! They are very happy to see us all the time ‘coz we make their ambiance alive with our dorkiness especially Yuri unnie and Sooyoung unnie.”

 

We chat and chat until we finished the food.

 

“I am so full!” – I blurted out

“Me too… this is indeed the best ramyun I ever tasted.” Jongie said

“Told you…”

“And because you brought me in this place, it’s my treat…” he said

 

“Wow! Thanks Jongie!”

 

“You’re most welcome Yoong!”

“I think we are getting used to our names now huh, Hahaha…” he said

 

And we both laughed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

CNBLUE DORM

 

“Where exactly did he go? I was expecting him to come earlier than me but it’s almost 9am, and he’s almost 2 hours gone. What’s happening to Jongie-ah?” Yonghwa

 

“Hyung just call him so that you will not get worry…” Minhyuk

“Yeah, hyung. Jonghyun hyung is not a young man anymore, maybe he’s on a date?” Jungshin said

 

“Yah! Jungshin! At this early morning? Jonghyun will be going out for a date? Where did your mind go this time?” Yonghwa

 

“Hahaha… dates should be in the evening and not in the morning…” Minhyuk

“I’m just making a conclusion maybe he’s on a date. You may never know…” Jungshin again

 

“I will just call him…” yonghwa

 

 

“Yoboseyo, Jongie-ah, where are you? It’s almost 9am. Did you get lost on the road or have you been kidnapped or something?” Yonghwa

 

“Yah! Shut up hyung! I’m totally fine nothing to worry. I’m going home in an hour maybe. I’ll just talk to you later and you will love to hear from me a good news.” Jonghyun

“Whoa!!! Alright just be sure to come home. We have a practice after lunch arasso...” Yonghwa

 

 

 

 

 

 

YOONA POV

 

 

We are walking back to his car now and he insists to drop me home. Along the way I saw a small shop selling accessories.  When I turned to him he was talking over the phone I guess its Yonghwa-shi he’s talking to. I just gestured to him that I will go inside the shop. I went inside and saw varieties but what really caught my attention was the couple ring. They do emboss the name of the couple on the ring. It was beautiful. I wanted to make one for me and…..

 

“It’s nice. Do you like it?” he told me

 

I was shocked to hear him from my back. I just nodded while still looking at the rings.

 

“I wanted to make one but I don’t have anyone to put the names with.”

He smiled at me…

 

“Then put our names on it…”

 

“Nyah! We’re not a couple…”

 

“Is it just for a couple? We can call it friend’s ring then…” he said again smiling at me

 

“Uhm… alright.” I think for a while and finally agreed to make us one.

 

 

He let me chose the design of the rings and finally… embossed on the ring…

 

"JONGIEYOONG"

 

 

I gave the other one to him and he places it on his necklace as a pendant. I wear mine on my finger on the left hand.

 

“It’s nice isn’t it?” I asked him

“Of course and it looks good on you…” he said

 

 

 

We finally reached the car and drove back to our dorm.

He walked with me through the building.

 

“Uhm, Yoong... is it okay if I get your phone number?” He turned to me and shyly asked for my number

 

“Of course Jongie, we are friends now… where is your phone?”

 

He gave me his mobile and I saved my number and name YOONG…

 

“Here…and save your number here as well.”

I handed him my phone and let him save his number

I save his number and name JONGIE.

 

 

“Okay, saved!” I’ll leave you now here, just send my regards to the girls and I guess i’ll see you later again on the picnic…”

 

“Yeah. I think so... Uhm Jongie… thanks for the treat and for this…” as I showed him the ring again

 

He nodded.

 

“Thanks also… I had a great time!” he finally said smiling and then immediately went back walking through his car.

 

 

I also head back to the dorm and I can't control smiling right now. "I can't believe it... was it just a dream?"

I stared at the ring and place it in my heart. "Gosh! What a wonderful, bright day! See you again later Jongie...."