The Lie

I'm A Fool For Love

A tired Eunhyuk finally came home from dancing all day. He went straight to the kitchen and took a piece of bread. 

" Oppa..." Sunny said half-asleep. " Its 4:30 in the morning, you have to stop doing this." 

Eunhyuk lazily turned around. " Sunny, go to sleep."

" But Oppa, You - "

" Im fine Sunny. I'll go upstairs soon." 

" Im going upstairs when YOU go upstairs. " She said and lazily took a seat on the dining table. 

Eunhyuk sighed. " Fine, lets go.." He weakly walked to the stairs. 

She noticed how weak Eunhyuk was for the past  4 days lately. She couldnt help but feel sorry for her brother. " Oppa? You need help getting upstairs?" 

" Aniyo, Im fine." He weakly smiled and used the wall to help him get up. As soon as he took his 5th step on the stairs, he started getting dizzy and eventually fainted and fell from the stairs. Sunny tried to catch him but she was too small and slow. He ended up hitting his head on the floor. 

" OPPA!" Sunny yelled and came to his side. " Oppa? Oppa? Omo." She quickly ran upstairs to Donghae's room. 

" OPPA, DONGHAE OPPA!" She yelled at his door. 

" WHAT?" He angerily said. 

" Eunhyuk Oppa fainted, we need to take him to the hospital." She said running out of breath.

Donghae quickly got up, took his car keys from the table and went downstairs with Sunny.


" Oppa, Unnie?  " A tall longed hair girl asked coming out of Eunhyuk's room. 

The Lee siblings quickly stood up. " Seohyun. Is he okay? " 

Seohyun is Sungmin's 21 years old cousin who graduated early and became a doctor at the age of 19. 

" Is uncle not here?" Seohyun asked.

" Aniyo. Its just us. He's at a business trip." Donghae said. 

" Well, alright then. Anyways,  Eunhyuk Oppa will be okay. He did hit his head pretty bad but there are no fatal damages. Just a big bump but he'll be alright "

" Why did he faint?" 

" Oppa was too tired and he was eating less. " She paused. "Right?" 

Sunny and Donghae just worriedly looked at Seohyun. " For now, let him rest in the hospital. I have a feeling he's just going to be stubborn and do whatever he wants." Seohyun said.

" Thanks, Seohyun-ah. Can we visit him?" 

" Sure. But if he's sleeping just let him rest and dont stress him out okay?" 

" Yeah, dont worry. Thanks again." The Lee siblings thanked their friend and quietly went inside the room to find the sleeping Eunhyuk. 


Its been 2 days since Eunhyuk went to the hospital. Sunny, Donghae and Sungmin would take turns taking care of him while the other is busy. Eunhyuk always whines about how he cant dance and how he's locked up in the room and everytime he sleeps, he would mummble something about Hyoyeon. Donghae was thinking of talking to Hyoyeon the next time they see each other, which was today.

Donghae saw Hyoyeon sitting at the back of the school reading a book. " Hyoyeon.." He awkwardly said. 

Hyoyeon turned around and forced a smile. " Do you want to sit on the bench? Im going anyway. " 

" Aniyo. Im here to talk to you." 

Hyoyeon stopped moving and looked at Donghae. 

" Hyoyeon, when will you forgive hyung?" 

" I already did. " She said and quickly packed her stuff. 

" If you did, why are you trying to avoid me? Why havent you talked to hyung?" 

" Because I dont want to see him, okay? " She said and walked away.

" You cant walk away from this." He said and Hyoyeon stopped. " You're going to have to face him Hyoyeon. " 

" Why? So he could hurt me again?" She said turning around.

" No, so he could be happy again. so YOU could be happy. " He said and Hyoyeon froze. Donghae was right, she needed Eunhyuk to be happy but she didnt want to admit it. 

" Hyoyeon, my brother really loves you. He never stopped loving you. " He said.

" There's no point in saying those things. " Hyoyeon said and walked away.

" You know he's at the hospital right now." He said loudly, stopping Hyoyeon and turned around. 

" The doctor said he hasnt been eating and he's been tiring himself for the past 2 weeks."

" Why? Is he that stupid? Starving himself." Hyoyeon said trying to sound like she didnt care but she did. Donghae could tell.

" I guess he is. He's stupid for love. " Donghae looked down, feeling sorry for his brother. " He really loves you. He didnt mean for you to get hurt. Hyoyeon, without you in his life, he's nothing, he'll be lost. He's hurt real bad and he - " 

" And you think Im not?" She said walking towards Donghae. " Donghae, you have no idea how much I've suffering because of him. Everyday, I try to forget him but I cant. What he did to me.. It may sound stupid but, what he did to me, it was literally the worst thing I ever felt in my entire life. And now I ca-" 

" Aniyo, thats not stupid at all. You love him and he loves you. You're just afraid to forgive him because you're scared. Dont be." 

" And how will I know that he wont hurt me? huh?" 

" I dont know but he wont. I know he wont. " He took out a piece of paper from his pocket and gave it to Hyoyeon. " Here. I found this on the floor in his room. I think it was meant for you. " He looked at his watch. " I better go now, class time. Just please read the letter. It may not mean anything but I hope it does to you. " He said and walked away. 

Hyoyeon looked at the paper and just stood there, debating whether to read it or not. 


" Hyo, dinner time." Jessica said opening her door and found her sitting outside the balcony. She was staring at the paper on the table. " Hyoyeon..?" 

She turned around, " I'll be right there." and continued to stare at it.

" You okay? What is that?"

" Paper. I dont know if I should read it or not."

" Paper? Whats so special about it?"

" Apparently Eunhyuk wrote it. I dont know if I should open or not."

Jessica sighed and sat on the arm rest on the chair Hyoyeon was sitting on. " Well, I would read it. "

" Why though?"

" Well, if I were you. I'd read it because it was from Eunhyuk. " 

" Whats your point?" 

" Nothing, just read it. Its Eunhyuk we're talking about. You love the man, Hyoyeon. You and I know that you want to read it but you're scared. You're just torturing yourself." Hyoyeon didnt say anything. " Dinner will be ready soon. Go downstairs when you're ready okay? " Jessica said and left the room. 

After 5 minutes of debating to herself, she finally read it. She opened the paper and saw that the whole letter was scribbled but she did managed to read it. 

I admit that I was am a stupid jerk for what I did and Im sorry. To be honest, I dont even know what to say. Theres probably no point in writing this but still. Hyoyeon, you probably think that our whole relationship was a lie but it wasnt. I mean, the first few days it was but the rest wasnt. I dont want your money, I want you. Your love. I want your heart back Hyo.. I promised that I wouldnt drop you and I broke it. I let you get hurt. I know you're not happy.. Wooyoung told me.. I know its not easy to forgive and forget but I want you to be happy. And I would do anything to do that. Ever since I -  

And the letter stopped. Even though the letter wasnt finished, Hyoyeon was already tearing up. She quickly went downstairs and went to Wooyoung. 

" Oppa, you visited Eunhyuk at the hospital right?" She asked him.

" Yeah, Why?" He asked. 

" What room number?"

" Uh, Its room #214." 

" Alright Thanks!" She yelled running outside with her car keys. 

" Aha, I see she read the letter." Jessica said. 

" What letter?" Taeyeon asked. 

" This letter that Eunhyuk wrote. Donghae Oppa showed me yesterday." She smirked. " Its pretty cute actually. " 

" Why would you? What if he hurts her again?" Taeyeon said and stopped what she was doing and was headed for the door. 

" Calm down Tae. He's not going to hurt her, trust me. Well, trust him. " Wooyoung said.


Hyoyeon arrived at the hospital and went straight to Eunhyuk's room.

Right when she got there, she saw Eunhyuk sleeping soundly like a baby. She walked towards him and smiled. " Such a faker.. I thought you were sick. " She whispered as she his hair. She couldnt stop smiling for a moment. Those 2 weeks of not seeing Eunhyuk was the longest. She was so happy that she finally saw him. She admitted that it was her fault for avoiding him and she regretted it.  

She looked around the room thinking why nobody is here with him. At the side of the table there was a note. 

Oppa, sorry Im not there. I know how you hate the hospital food so I went out to get some food. Just call me when you need anything. - Sunny. 

Hyoyeon didnt want to wake up Eunhyuk and decided to leave. But before she did, she took Eunhyuk's phone and typed something in it. Then she wrote another note at the other side of the table. She kissed Eunhyuk's head and whispered, " Im sorry, I never believed you. " She quietly left. 

*2 hours later*

" Sunny-ah.. What time is it?" He said opening his eyes. 

" Its 10: 07. Does your head hurt or something?" Sunny asked. 

" Aniyo. Just asking." He sat up and his stomach growled.

Sunny giggled. " Good thing I bought you dinner. Here. " She handed him a box full of sushi. 

He immediantly took it and shoved sushi in his mouth. " Thank you." 

" By the way, check your phone. Someone left this note saying to check your phone." She handed him the note. 

Eunhyuker read it.

Check your phone. I typed something in the notes. 

He took his phone by his bed and checked his notes. 

Hey. Im sorry that I didnt believe you. If one of us should be mad, it should be you. I was your girlfriend but then i failed to believe you and I'm sorry.  I wanted to apologize to you as soon as I can. I heard that you were getting out of the hospital tomorrow. Lets meet the park at 8pm tomorrow, please. I miss you, Hyuk. I wanna make things right. - Hyo. 

Eunhyuk couldnt help but smile at his phone and kept reading the ' I miss you' part. Even though the letter didnt say much, it already made his day. His smile was gone as soon as his dad entered his room.

" So hows Hyukjae? eh? Anyways, I had to break the news to IU since you have the Hyoyeon girl. " His dad said nudging Eunhyuk. " We are so going to rich." He mummbled. 

Eunhyuk's smile disappeared and looked back at the letter. He sighed, Im sorry Hyo.. He texted Hyoyeon telling her he'll meet her at the park. 


Eunhyuk came 30 minutes early at the park. He sat down of the bench that was facing the lake and just looked at the water. He sighed, he kept practising the words in his head that he was going to say to Hyoyeon. 

" Eunhyuk!" A female yelled. As soon as Eunhyuk turned around he saw Hyoyeon throw her arms around him. " Im so glad you're here. Im sorry that I left you. Im sor-" She stopped when he took her arms away and slightly pushed her away.

" You shouldn't say that." Eunhyuk said with his head down then looked up. " Do you really want to know the truth Hyoyeon?"

Hyoyeon gave him a confused but yet scared look.

" I never loved you. " He finally said making Hyoyeon step back a little.

" What..? Of course you do. You said..." She said quietly.

" Have you ever heard of lying?" Eunhyuk said harshly. " Cant you see? I never loved you. The only reason I was always there is because of that stupid situation I was in. " Hyoyeon started shaking her head slowly. Eunhyuk had to clench his jeans to stop his tears and to make himself talk.  " Stop. Just face it Hyoyeon... Ever since the day I saw you, I was only attracted to your image and your money, not your heart, not your personality. Not even for a second I had feeling for you. " Eunhyuk paused and forced a smirk. " You may think Im a heartless jerk but Im not. I mean, I was thinking of not doing the plan and probably just leave you. At least that's better than being lied to huh?" He smiled as Hyoyeon was getting teary. Eunhyuk had to look away. " Guess Im not 'the one'. Sorry that I never loved you though. Yo-" Then Eunhyuk felt a strong force against his cheek. 

" BUT I DID. I DID EUNHYUK." She yelled at him as people started looking. " I never should've believed you, that stupid letter, I never should've read it. " 

The letter.. She read it.. Eunhyuk thought

" Did you only think of yourself? huh? I cant believe this. " She said wiping her tears. " I loved you Eunhyuk, I gave you everything and this is what you do? This is what you give me back? Pain? Tears?  You knew what I was going through and you still did this to me? " She turned around and was about to walk away but she stopped and came back in front of Eunhyuk. " Thanks for everything Eunhyuk. " She hesitated but then clenched her fist. " I never want to see you again. Never in my life.." And she walked away. 

Hyoyeon walked away without realizing that Eunhyuk was following her. He was silently following her with tears in his eyes. She stopped at the same bench where they fought and sat down. Eunhyuk hid and called Taeyeon. 

" Can you pick up Hyoyeon?  " He lied. 

" Sure But is everything okay with you guys?" Taeyeon asked.

" Not exactly.. Just pick her up.. Please. " He said and hung up. 

Like the day they fought, Eunhyuk hid and waited for Taeyeon to come for Hyoyeon. As soon as he saw Taeyeon out of the car, he quickly left and didnt want to see Hyoyeon's tears again..


" Hyung/Oppa , so how was it? You guys are back together again?" Donghae and Sunny asked as soon as he entered the house. 

Eunhyuk slowly walked to the stairs with his head down and looked at his dongsaengs. " Yeah. Everything is alright.." 

" Why arent you with her? Is she in the car?" Donghae asked. 

" Aniyo. Dad said I had to go to this business meeting and I cant take her...Im going to rest. The meeting was pretty boring." He lied and went upstairs. 

Sunny and Donghae know their brother and they werent convinced. They knew that he was lying and decided to leave him alone

Eunhyuk went to his room and was walking towards his bed when he stopped in front of the mirror. He glared at his reflection and clenched his fist. 

Sunny sighed. " I wonder what happened there.. " 

" Dont worry. We'll think of something to get them back together. " Donghae said. 

" But how? This was basically Oppa's second chance and it clearly didnt go well. What if he - " She stopped when they heard a yell. They both looked at the direction where it came from which was upstairs. Then they heard it again and this time it was louder and you could hear glass breaking. Sunny and Donghae quickly ran upstairs and into their brother's room. As soon as they opened his door, they witnessed Eunhyuk punched the wall mirror as hard as he can and he swore. He fell to the ground crying. Donghae and Sunny rushed by his side as they saw pieces of mirrors on the ground and also some blood on some of the mirrors. 


" Here you go, Oppa. Its all done." Seohyun said after wrapping bandages on his fist. " Come back after 2 weeks and we'll see if it healed. Be more carefull Oppa. Okay?" Eunhyuk forced a small smile as he layed back on the bed. 

Seohyun left the room and let the Lee siblings alone. " Oppa, Why would you hurt yourself?" Sunny asked almost crying. 

" Sunny dont be such a baby. I got hurt not you. Im okay." Eunhyuk said harshly looking at his fist.

" Yah! Dont talk to her like that." Donghae defended Sunny. 

" Sorry. Im just-" He sighed. " Im sorry. Im just mad... At myself.." He whispered.

" Its alright.. I understand.." Sunny said quietly. 

" Is that why you punched the mirror? Because you're mad at yourself? " Donghae asked. 

" Yeah... " Eunhyuk mummbled. 

" Why? " 

" Because I want to hurt the person who keeps hurting Hyoyeon. " He said and looked his reflection on the big window.

Donghae and Sunny looked at each other with worried eyes and finally catched on what happened at the park. 

" This day was kind of like the time when she found out the truth.." Donghae and Sunny looked at Eunhyuk. " I told her the truth.. I ended up hurting her.. She told me to go away... I left her alone.. " 

" There is one difference though." Donghae said. 

" And that is?" Eunhyuk looked at his brother. 

" The one you told her today... It was a big lie." He answered.