Meeting my family... ug...oh...

An Arranged... Soul Mate?

 Song: B1A4- Only One

We were finally able to get off the plane, and get our luggage. At baggage claim, my dad walked over to a man that looked a few years years older than him.

“Annyeonghasayo, Mr. Yoon.” My father said, bowing very formally.

My mother and I walked up to the two of them, bowing and being introduced. We made small talk about our flight, and then Mr. Yoon invited us to get our luggage and go to the car.

It was three in the afternoon, so Mr. Yoon drove us to him and his wife’s home where we would be staying. We wanted to freshen up and sleep some more before we went to the restaurant to meet my soon-to-be husband tonight.

After two hours of driving, we finally pulled up to a gate. Mr. Yoon rolled down his window, said something in Korean and drove through the now opened gate.

As we drove up to the palace- literally!- I let out a small gasp. If my fiancé was anywhere near this rich… well at least I wouldn’t have to suffer materially. My mom reached over to my knee and squeezed it. I could tell she was thinking the same thing as me.

Mr. Yoon stopped the car in front of the door. Suddenly, three employees came out of nowhere to get our bags. We all got out of the car and were immediately whisked away to our rooms. I didn’t realize how tired I was until I sat down on the floor and passed out… again.

Half an hour later my door flew open and my mother was frantically trying to make me get up and start getting ready for dinner.

“Minji! Minji! We’re leaving in one hour. One hour! Get up, take a shower, and wear something very nice.”

“Mom, let me sleep for just a few more minutes, please.” I mumbled, still have asleep. You would think that with all the sleeping I did on the plane and now, I wouldn’t be able to sleep anymore, but that’s jet-lag for you. Ugh.

“Minji, were leaving in one hour. Do not make me get your father.”

With that threat, I was up and practically in the shower before she could finish her sentence. My dad could employ some horrendous torture methods to get someone out of bed. I only had to make that mistake once.

“Good. Don’t forget to wear something special, honey.”

After a long, hot, refreshing shower, I started digging through my bag for an appropriate outfit.

“Perfect.” I said as I pulled out a navy blue chiffon shirt, black skinny jeans and black open-toe lace up booties. What? My parents said I had to look good.

I finished getting ready just as my parents were knocking on my door.

“Honey? It’s time to go now.” My mom started to say as I was opening the door. “Oh good, you look very nice.”

Half an hour later, we were pulling up to the restaurant. I’m glad I wore this outfit. It was probably the nicest restaurant I had ever been to.

We walked inside and my heart started beating so fast I swore I was going to have a heart attack or something. My legs started feeling really weak and shaky, but I didn’t want anyone to think I was nervous- or excited. On the contrary, I was still kinda sickened this was happening to me.

Mr. Yoon and my father looked around anxiously, but only for a second before a young man started making his way towards us. I was really scared to look, so I stood behind my dad and focused on a wall just behind him until I was forced to turn my attention to him.

I didn’t think my heart could beat any faster until I saw him.