Breakfast with Joon

An Arranged... Soul Mate?

 

Here it is! The long awaited Rain's Pov! ;D And it's long (in my opinion) Hehe... okay, I'll let you start reading now! Enjoy!

Rain's POV-

I woke up with a start and almost fell off my bed. It took me a moment to remember where I was. I let out a huge sigh of relief as I realized that it was just a dream.... more like a nightmare. Oy. What happened?

I looked at my clock- 1:32. 

Then I realized what had happened- I had come home from dinner with my parents and fiancée and her parents. I sat down on my bed for a second, but ended up passing out instead. I was still in the clothes I wore to the dinner.

I got up, walked to my bathroom and brushed my teeth. I came out, took off my suit and got into my bed.

Eight hours later my alarm woke me up with loud rings like a fire alarm. Not only was it going off like crazy, it was vibrating and running around my room. It was the kind that made you get out of your bed and track it down to turn it off. My parents gave it to me as a ‘gift’. I was starting to feel like there was some kind of message they were trying to tell me.

Wait… I don’t remember setting my alarm. I like to sleep in when I can. I only set it when I have a morning meeting or something. That’s weird, I thought to myself.

I saw it roll under my dresser and ran over to turn it off before it could wake any of my neighbors.

I set it back down on the table by my bed and walked out to the kitchen to make some breakfast.

“AAAHHHH!” I screamed and grabbed my chest when I saw someone grabbing something out of my fridge. “Sheesh Joon, you practically scared me half to death. What are you doing here?”

“Oh good morning hyung! I was beginning to wonder when you’d wake up. Guess your alarm does work.” He said with an evil laugh. So he set my alarm? Well it is Joon, what else could I expect?, I thought somewhat bitterly. “So you have to tell me how your night went. Is she hot? Let’s go out to breakfast! You don’t have anything good here. Ooh, you should make your wife cook breakfast for you every morning and then I can come over!”

All I could think was wow. How is always so hyper in the morning? Most people are completely the opposite.

“Fine. But you’re paying. I can’t stay to long either- I’m supposed to spend the day with Minji.” I said with a smile spreading across my face. I couldn’t help it. Whenever I thought about her my heart started beating faster; I couldn’t breathe; and I’m sure I got this really goofy smile on my face that I could not take off for the life of me.

“Wow, hyung, you really like her don’t you?! Look at you! You’re face is beet red!”

I didn’t even realize I was blushing until he said that. I think I turned even redder.

“Let’s just go get breakfast, okay?” I said, ignoring his comments.

“Okay, but you might want to go put some clothes on.” He laughed. I realized I was only wearing a wife beater and my boxers. Even though Joon was like a brother to me, I still hated to be seen even slightly undressed.

“You realize she will be seeing you in a lot less clothing in less than a month, right?” My face became so red, I ran back to my room so he couldn’t see. I heard him laughing even as I quickly pulled on some jeans and a shirt. I brushed my hair and teeth, and then walked back out into my living room.

Half an hour later we were ordering our breakfast at our usual restaurant. I was telling him about Minji.

“I just wish I knew if she liked me. She’s so beautiful.” I sighed, taking another bite of my bread.

“What does it matter? She’s going to be your wife. You pretty much have full control of her. You can make her do whatever you want her to. She doesn’t have to like you to make you happy.” He scoffed.

That was too much.

“Joon! Did you not just hear what I told you? I think I’m in love with this girl and you’re telling me to treat her like some slave?! Besides, she’s a person too- who has feelings. How could you think like that?!”

“Mianhae hyung.” He said sheepishly as his face became red.

Did I just go too far too? I guess it’s a good thing were close because instead of having an awkward silence, we just changed the subject.

“Does she know who you really are? Why everybody calls you Rain?”

“My fiancée? About the-?”

“Yeah. It’s kinda a big thing. You should tell her today if she doesn’t already know. You don’t want to be out, someone recognize you, and there to be a mob that hurts her.”

That was something that I hadn’t exactly considered. I had been pretty famous for some time now, and while I still appreciated everything, it was still my life, and I couldn’t imagine anything different. Maybe it was that I had just expected her to know who I was. Thinking back on it, she didn’t seem like a cloud last night at dinner. Didn’t her parents tell her?

“So I take it you haven’t told her?” Joon asked, interrupting my thoughts.

“I guess I just kinda figured she already knew who I was. Besides, when I saw her, I was a little distracted… and couldn’t think very clearly.” Again, that smile crept up on my face and my face felt really hot.

“Oh, you know what you should do?! When you go pick her up this morning, call her ‘honey’ or something and see how she reacts. Maybe she is a cloud, but is good at hiding it?”

“You think so? Then what do I say if she gets mad or something? What’s my excuse?” At first I thought this would be a great idea, and then I doubt started creeping into my mind. It would be my first day with her- I didn’t want to mess it up this early in the relationship.

“I’m sure you can think of something. You are the infamous Rain, after all. The player who knows how to get any girl he wants.”

I scoffed.

“Yes, that is me. And you are the innocent best friend who is not at all a player.” I said, rolling my eyes. I seriously could not understand how I got that title. If I even saw a girl who was pretty… well, let’s just say it rarely turned out well. Thinking back on it, how was I able to talk to Minji? She wasn’t pretty- she was gorgeous.

He smiled and took a bite of kimchi. One of the great things about being so close was that we could practically say anything to each other, and we would laugh it off. We knew each other meant well, so there was hardly ever anything to take offense at.

We finished up our meal and talked for a few more minutes. I told my parents that I would be there at 11 to pick up my girl. It was currently 10:35. There was one problem- I rode with Joon in his car.

“I was wondering when you’d remember you didn’t have a car.”

We both started laughing.

“Do you want me to take you home, and then you can pick up your car?”

I looked at my watch- 10:38. I wouldn’t have enough time to go back to my house and then go to my parent’s house. I frowned at the thought. My dad would be so mad if I was even two minutes late. Then suddenly something popped into my head.

“I have an idea.” I said as I pulled out my phone.

I called my driver, asking him to come get me now, and bring new clothes. I just threw on the shirt and jeans I was currently wearing. I was to look somewhat great for my date.

10 minutes later I saw him pull up to the curb just outside the restaurant. I said bye to Joon and went to the car.

My parent’s house was 10 minutes away- would I make it? I guess there’s nothing I could do about it now.

I changed into the clothes in the backseat, hoping no one could see me through the tinted windows.

Eight minutes later, we were pulling up to the gate, and two minutes later I was opening the door of my old home. I always felt a little strange at this point- do I knock? Or just go in? I mean, I used to live here.. but now I don’t.

I decided to just go in. Of course, I was immediately greeted by one of the maids.

“Annyeonghasayo, Mr. Jung.” She bowed very respectfully before walking up the stairs, to where I guess Minji was. I always felt like I had a certain connection with her- perhaps even a bond. She had to be my age, maybe a little younger. How could she have wound up as a servant in our house? It’s not like she was new here- she came when she was 13. We used to play together when she had free time. Then, all of a sudden it seemed, she was too ‘busy’ and she treated me more respectfully- like she worked for me, and not like we were friends. I missed the old her. Now, whenever I saw her, I only saw the tiredness in her eyes, the sadness at the corners of , the way she lost the passion she once had for life. I had always wondered what happened.

 The two came back a short time later.

“Annyeonghasayo Rain oppa!” Minji said as she bowed.

Here was my chance. My heart was beating so fast I was sure it was skipping beats- was it from what I was about to do? Or from seeing my beautiful soon-to-be wife?

“Good morning honey!” Phew. That was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

She, however, looked a little shocked. Guess it’s a good thing I thought about my cover-up and knew what I was going to say.

 "Just thought that since you’re going to be my wife I should probably start calling you that." Technically, it was true. Still, I can’t believe I would, also technically!, lie to a girl I could very possibly fall in love with one day. I felt a little nauseous.

I had to act like what I just did wasn’t a big deal, so I tried to shrug it off by running my hands through my hair and laughing. It didn’t help as well as I hoped it would. My face became warm, for what? The third time this morning? Sheesh.

"So, um, shall we go now?" I asked after an awkward silence.

She smiled and nodded her head. SO. CUTE.

I can’t wait for this day!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 Sorry if this chap wasn't that great either. I've been working on it all afternoon- in the midst of trying to act like I was doing homework and having my mom watch me as I was writing (I always feel awkward if someone is watching me write- it's like it stunts me, and I can't think! :( ) LOL. And it seems so long! How do feel? :/

Anywhoo.... What do you want to do with Rain today? :) I'm not sure if maybe they should go to the beach (do they have beaches in Seoul?)? Or a cafe? Or shopping? Or.... okay, okay, there's lots of choices. But what do you want? Let me know please! :D