Shopping till we (mostly I) drop... Literally

An Arranged... Soul Mate?

 

(This chap dedicated to therandomfangirl-21 (See below. hehe...) :DD Thanks for the great idea!! Hope you enjoy!!)

The maid opened the door, and we walked out to a sleek, black car.

He opened my door, and closed it when I got in. Then he went to the opposite side and got in.

“So… where are we going?” The suspense was getting to me, and I had to ask.

“Have you ever been to Seoul before?” He asked me with a mysterious grin. Even this was so cute. Why does everything about you seem so amazing?

“No…” I said shaking my head like a little girl.

“So allow me to be your personal tour guide.”

“Um…. Okay… but seriously, where are we going?” I didn’t mean to come across as whiny, but seriously, I hated mysteries! I had to know where we were going.

He put his index finger up to his mouth and shook his head. He broke out into a smile, but still would not tell me! It was literally driving me crazy. I almost wanted to smack his arm, but I’m guessing that would be ‘disrespecting my oppa’?

As we drove through the streets, Rain kept pointing out famous sights to me.

Eventually, the car came to a stop, and my door opened.

“For our first stop I thought we would do a little shopping. I mean, if you want. Maybe you don’t like shopping. We can go somewhere else. I think we-“ He started to ramble.

“SHOPPING!” I almost screamed. That was one of my favorite things to do- something Natalia got me into. This felt a little odd, only because she was the only one I would ever go shopping with. I was never really into fashion- until she took me to the mall one time. Still, I couldn’t exactly dress myself, so she usually was the one to pick out my clothes, and put them together.

“So you’re okay with this then?” He said with a look of relief on his face.

“Of course! What girl doesn’t like shopping?!” I started laughing remembering that just a little while ago I was that girl. I would tell Rain, but he would not get it at all. I didn’t want to screw this relationship up so early. He stood there with a confused face, which made me almost explain to him why I just randomly busted up giggling, but instead I ran into mall.

I didn’t realize how big it was until we got inside. This place was… HUGE! I couldn’t wait to start shopping!

“Ok since you’re my guide you get to take me to all the great shops and show me around!”

There was that mischievous smile again.  

“First, I want to take you here.”

He started walking to the right, and I almost had to run to catch up with him.

Apparently, the store he so desperately had to go first was all the other way at the other end of the mall.

Finally, he started walking to the left, into a store. Everything looked so fancy. I looked at the sign above the door, but couldn’t figure out what it meant.

“It’s a famous designer here in Seoul. This is one of her two stores. I thought we might get new outfits for tonight.” My soon-to- be husband explained to me as he saw me staring at the sign.

“Tonight?”

“I hope you don’t mind, our date will be continuing into tonight too. I got us reservations at one of my favorite restaurants. I think you’ll like it too.” He said and then walked over to some shoes.

Date? I never thought of it that way, but I guess that’s what it is. It made my heart start skipping beats and my face feel hot. I had to look away to avoid him seeing the huge smile that was subconsciously spreading across my face.

I shrugged my shoulders and walked to a rack of clothes on the far left side of the room to act as if it was nothing.

Unfortunately, this was still a small store, so ‘far left side’ was only about three steps away from where we were previously were standing.

I was looking around, but I couldn’t find anything that I particularly liked. If the restaurant was anything like we went to last night, well… this was definitely the store to find something to wear.

After a while of staring at a wall with a few different styles of dresses, Rain came over to me with what looked like a salesgirl.

“Minji, this is EunJi. She is the stylist. She’ll help you find something.”

Did they just read my mind? Or was I really just that obvious? I was debating this in my head, so I nodded dumbly and looked at EunJi.

“Why don’t you come with me? We’ll find the perfect outfit!” She said in a very bubbly manner.

I nodded and followed her. She took me to the back, to a dressing room.

“I’ll be right back with some choices for you.” She said in the same bubbly way. Was she always this way?

I went into the room and found some bottles of water, snacks and a plush chair. I decided ‘to make myself at home’. This could be really fun. This was a completely new experience for me as my parents didn’t like to go shopping- and we didn’t have this much money. I could definitely get used to this.

A few minutes later she came back with some dresses. She showed me them as she hung them up on the hanger. They were beautiful!

I tried on a few of the dresses before I found one I truly loved. It was a strapless eggplant purple pintuck dress that brushed the top of my knee.

I stepped outside to show EunJi. She let out a small gasp, nodded with a big smile and ran out into the main room. Oookkkaayy. I was about to go back into the dressing room when she came back with her hands wrapped around Rain’s eyes.

“Oppa! Wait till you see her dress!” She giggled and removed her hands.

His mouth dropped open, and he let out a small ‘oh’. I guess he likes the dress too? Hehe. Now I really love this dress!

“Yes, this is one we will take.” He said after a moment. He smiled at both of us, and walked out.

I went back into the dressing room to change into the dress I put on this morning. I realized I hadn’t even looked at any of the prices these dresses, I grabbed the tag of the dress I was getting. 3000 dollars. I practically started choking. 3000 dollars?! That was a lot of money. This dress was gorgeous, but that gorgeous?! I started to feel slightly nauseous, but then I thought about it. The Jungs had to be one of the richest families in South Korea- if not the richest. I had to get something good out of this whole arranged marriage. Then again, wasn’t ‘my something good’ buying this dress?

I grabbed the dress, walked out of the dressing room and went over to Rain.

He smiled when he saw me standing next to him.

“Now you need shoes and jewelry.”

“O-okay.”  That slightly nauseous feeling was returning. If the dress was 3000, how much would the jewelry cost?

EunJi came up to us a few minutes later with a three different shoes for me to try on. The second pair I tried on, black, open-toe platform pumps, were the ones we all agreed were the best. 1,500.

We got the clothes and walked out of the store.

The next store he took me to was… jewelry. Of course.

 We were looking around and then Rain saw something.

“How about this?” He asked me as the man behind the counter pulled out a diamond choker.

Out of everything I saw, and got!, today, this was the one thing that was so beautiful it almost took my breath away.

“That’s really pretty. I love it.”

The man told us the details, and kept telling me how beautiful it would look on me. Like I had any doubts about that.

My fiancé eventually spoke up and said we would take it.

We paid for the necklace and started walking out the door. I couldn’t wait to see how everything looked tonight! Everything was so pretty.

We started walking through the mall again, en route to another store. Suddenly, it hit me. I hadn’t had any breakfast this morning, and I was starving. It was already practically 2:30. How did the time escape us so fast? And how had we not even stopped for lunch? I wasn’t feeling too good either. My head started spinning, and this time I did feel really nauseous. All I could see were black stars, and even that was starting to fade into nothing. I grabbed my fiancé’s arm, as I felt like we were in the middle of an earthquake. This, of course, startled him so bad he whipped around. I lost my grasp and the last thing I heard before I went down was him worriedly asking if I was okay.

I felt my body slam into the hard ground.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wow, this is a long chap too! Hopefully you enjoyed it! Once again, thanks to therandomfangirl-21 for the brilliant idea!!! Pretty much all credit goes to her for this chap! Hehe.

Lots of bigger things will be happening in the next few chaps! I can't wait for you to read! Haha. But first, I will update Rain's side of this whole marriage. Hehe. :D

Lastly.... SUMMER IS FINALLY HERE!!!! WOOHOOO!!! I am SO happy! It's been such a stressful past year, and I'm so glad it's over... for a couple months at least. LOL. Hopefully, I'll be able to update a lot more now, and write more stories! I have a few ideas... I think after my next idea I will be finishing. :( BUT IT'S GOOD THOUGH! This was originally supposed to be a one-shot, remember? LOL. *FAIL!*

Thanks again for reading/subbing/commenting!! :D

Okay... I will stop boring you with my babbling....