Ruined moment

An Arranged... Soul Mate?

 

Minji's POV-

“Um… well it was very nice to see you today. I hope you have a good rest of your trip here before you go back to England to study. Please say hello to your parents for me.”

What? What was he talking about?!

I stared at him in confusion, waiting for him to explain himself.

“Minji… I’m really sorry I can’t explain what’s going on right now, but please trust me. You need to causally walk away from me like we are friends that have known each other since we were kids. Go back to the car, it will be exactly where left it.” He said in a really quiet whisper. Actually, all I really heard was something about casually walk away, kids, the car. Was something going on? He was really starting to scare me. I did as he told me though.

 I got in the car and waited. What now? I thought to ask the driver if he knew anything, but the next thing I knew, the car was moving.
 

“Um… Mr…. driver? Where are we going? What’s going on?” I tried to sound confident and like I fully trusted my fiancé, but I barely knew him! All of a sudden he tells me to ‘casually walk away from him’? What was I supposed to think?

“Miss, you should let Mr. Jung tell you.”

Then the car stopped and the door opened.

“Hi.” JiHoon said, barely getting in the car before it sped off.

“Uh… hello? Mind… telling me what is going on?!”

“So… remember how I said I’m famous and all?”

I nodded, trying to follow along. What was he trying to get at?

“I tend to… get followed a lot, mostly by paparazzi. When I turned towards you, I realized there was one hiding in the bush. I didn’t want them to get the wrong impression of us, or-or catch you. That’s why I had to act so weird.”

It all made so much sense now! Wow… the life of the famous doesn’t sound so great after all. I hate when I even catch people looking at me, let alone try to follow me around, taking pictures of me and trying to get the latest dirt on me. Wait, wait, wait… did he just say he ‘didn’t want them to get the wrong impression of us’? What was that supposed to mean?

I asked him about it.

 

*********************

Rain's POV-

“What do you mean you didn’t want them to get the wrong impression of us? What impression would they get of us?”

“Huh? What? Oh I just… I mean… I don’t want them to get a wrong impression of us. They usually come up with something weird and totally untrue just to get a juicy story.” She couldn’t hear my heart right? It was beating so fast right now. I hate lying, especially to her. Well… it was the truth right? They do usually come up with something absurd about me to put in their magazines, like the reason I’m reluctant to explain truthfully why I said what I did.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I'm really sad right now... Nobody's commenting on my story. :'( Should I just stop writing this story?