Please don't die....

An Arranged... Soul Mate?

 

Rain's POV-

The maid opened the door for us and we walked out to the car. I opened the door for her. Obviously, I really wanted to make a good impression. I really wanted her to like me as much as I liked her.

I walked to the other side of the car and got in.
 

“So… where are we going?” She said with a nervous look in her eyes. I wanted this to be one of the best days of her life. I wanted to make every day I spent with her the best day of her life. I didn’t want to reveal my secrets just yet.

Instead, I asked her if she had ever been to this amazing city before. I couldn’t resist trying to smile mysteriously. Hopefully it worked- or I would have looked like a babo.

“No…” She answered, shaking her head in the cutest way possible.

“So allow me to be your personal tour guide.” I said. I felt like I was starting to sound like Joon. Perhaps because that’s what he said to one of his exes the first time they met and he found out she was visiting from Thailand? Either way, that was something I didn’t want to say again. I was already known as a player, I didn’t actually need to be one.

“Um… okay… but seriously where are we going?” She whined. Hmm… that wasn’t the most attractive thing I’ve seen her do. I hated when girls did that to their boyfriends.

I didn’t want to tell her, so I put my finger up to my lips and shook my head. It was fun teasing her. Even though I didn’t like when she whined, it was cute seeing her so frustrated. Everything about her made me want to smile, and so I did.

The closer we got to our destination, the more I wanted to be closer to her. Like last night, I really wanted to hold her hand. I wanted to hold her in my arms and tell her how much I cared for her. But, that would probably freak her out, or make her hate me. Oh Minji, if only you knew how much I’ve fallen for you.

To distract myself, I started pointing out buildings and statues that were on the street. I told her they were famous here, but in reality, I had no clue if they were or not. I was too preoccupied trying to catch glimpses of her beautiful face.

Finally, we got to our first stop.

Our doors opened and we got out.

“For our first stop I thought we would do a little shopping. I mean, if you want. Maybe you don’t like shopping. We can go somewhere else. I think we-“ I started to ramble. I didn’t realize how nervous I was about this whole ‘personal tour guide’ thing. What if all the stuff I had planned for today was stuff she hated? Then I would have really messed up this whole relationship.

“SHOPPING!” She yelled, interrupting me. I might have been a little offended by this, but I’m glad she stopped me before I said something really stupid.

“So you’re okay with this then?” I asked as I felt relief flood throughout my entire body.

 “Of course! What girl doesn’t like shopping?!” She said before bursting into laughter. What was so funny? It was a rather awkward moment as I had no idea as to why she randomly started laughing. Then she ran into the mall, and I followed her.

“Ok since you’re my guide you get to take me to all the great shops and show me around!” She said excitedly as she looked around.

I would be more than happy to show her around what I think is one of the best places in Seoul, especially shopping for what we would be doing tonight. I used my mischievous smile again and started directing her to the first place I wanted to take her to.

As we walked up to the store, I noticed she was staring at the sign in confusion.

“It’s a famous designer here in Seoul. This is one of her two stores. I thought we might get new outfits for tonight.” I explained.

She looked even more confused now though.

“Tonight?”

“I hope you don’t mind, our date will be continuing into tonight too. I got us reservations at one of my favorite restaurants. I think you’ll like it too.” I tried to say casually, but the reality that this was actually a date just dawned on me, and I couldn’t be happier. I was afraid that looking at her would make me start screaming like a fan girl, so I walked over to some shoes, and acted like I was really interested in them.

I was looking around, trying to casually glance over in Minji’s direction so I could see her. After some time, I realized she was probably standing by that wall just staring at dresses because she needed help. I decided to get the stylist and bring her over to help.

I introduced the two and watched them walk off to the dressing room before I walked over to a rack of shirts.

Twenty minutes later the stylist came up to me with a huge smile on her face.

“JiHoon Oppa! You have to see the dress she’s wearing! She’s so beautiful! And it will be perfect for tonight!” She gushed.

She turned around and started walking towards the back. Just before we got to the dressing rooms, she turned around. “Wait oppa!” She said as she went behind me and put her hands over my eyes. “Okay, I’ll guide you there.”

A few steps later she stopped me.

“Oppa! Wait till you see her dress!” She giggled as she put her arms down.

Again, like last night, standing before me was this gorgeous woman with the most perfect face and body. Seeing her in that dress made my jaw drop. Her smile alone made my heart skip a few beats. Her body in this dress though was amazing. It was like it was made specifically for her. You made me fall even harder for you just now.

I let out a small ‘oh.’

“Yes, this is one we will take.” I said. This is most definitely the one we will take. I could have kept looking at her for the rest of my life, but I walked away before I could do something I would have regretted.

 I realized I still hadn’t picked out anything so I called Eunji over.

“Would you like me to put together an outfit for you and send it over to your house?” She asked when I asked her what I should wear.

“Yes please. When Minji comes out too could you prepare some shoes for her to try on?” I asked and then started to walk away when my perfect future wife joined me. I couldn’t help but smile.

“Now you need shoes and jewelry.”

I heard her agree with some resistance in her voice, but I was in the middle of calling the stylist over with the shoe selection to really think about it.

She tried on a few different pairs, but when she put on the black platform pumps, those were the ones I wanted to get her.

We got the clothes and arranged for them to be dropped off at my house along with my outfit.

The next store I took her to was jewelry. The restaurant was really fancy, so I was thinking diamonds. We were looking around the store, and then I saw something that caught my eye.

“How about this?” I asked her as I walked up to it. It was a diamond choker that I already knew would be the one.

The man that was assisting us pulled the necklace out of the case so we could take a closer look. I heard my future wifey gasp, and instantly knew this was definitely the one.

“That’s really pretty. I love it.” She said almost in a whisper.

The man started telling us the details and kept saying how it would be so pretty on Minji’s neck. For some reason, it was really getting on my nerves. I felt my fists clenching and my blood become hot. Am I actually getting jealous? Over a salesman telling us how beautiful his necklace would be on my fiancée? It’s his job! I told myself. He’s practically paid to say these things just so we would buy it. Still, it was annoying how he just kept going on, so I eventually just interrupted him to tell him we would buy it. We also arranged to have it delivered with the rest of the clothes.

We walked out of the store and were walking to another one when Minji suddenly grabbed my arm. It shocked me as I was not expecting her to want to hold my hand. I turned around a little too fast though and saw her lose her balance. It wasn’t that she was just about to fall, but that she did not look well at all. Her face was white and her body looked limp. Just as I was asking her if she was okay, her body hit the ground and her face went blank. Her eyes closed, and I knew she wasn’t just closing her eyes from the impact.

“SOMEBODY CALL AN AMBULANCE!” I screamed. Without waiting for anybody else to do it, I pulled out my phone and made the call.

A few people started crowding around, asking what happened and whispering among themselves. I didn’t care.

“Minji… Minji…” I tried calling her name and shaking her slightly, but she stayed where she was. “Don’t die. Please don’t die.” I said as tears started falling down my face. I finally found someone who I could truly love, and this happens! I haven’t even been able to enjoy one full day with her, and we have this. What just happened?

I pulled out my phone and called the one person who I knew I would be able to depend on for anything- no matter how immature he could be at times.

“Joon! I don’t know what to do. Were at the mall and she just collapsed. I called the ambulance but-“

“I’ll be there in right away hyung. Everything will be okay. Call your parents and tell them what happened. I’ll be there in one second.”

We both hung up, and I called them. Of course he said that. I’m glad he did too. My heart was beating so fast and my mind was going a million miles an hour. I had completely forgotten.

A maid picked up the phone, and I asked for my dad. I told him what happened and he said they’d meet us at the hospital.

Just as I said goodbye, Joon came up to me, shortly followed by the paramedics.

They checked her vital signs, and started carrying her out to the car.

“Is she going to be okay?” Joon and I asked at the same time.