Are you sure you're okay?

An Arranged... Soul Mate?

 

Minji's POV-

“Ah, Minji, your awake. I am Doctor Chae. How do you feel?”

“Better, I guess. Am I going to be okay?”

“Yes, you fainted because of low blood sugar. It seems to run in your family. Your mother said this has happened to you before? In cases like yours, you need to be especially careful. It’s said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but for you, that is particularly so. Because you haven’t eaten for eight or so hours, your blood sugar drops a lot more than it would in the day. During the day, whether you realize it or not, you are keeping your blood sugar level safe with lunch, snacks, and water. So please be careful. Don’t skip breakfast again, okay? You scared your fiancé so bad; I thought he was the patient.” He chuckled.

I was still a little tired and dazed from just waking up and Rain was apparently still a little shook up, so the only one laughing was the doctor. I probably would have laughed too, but I just wasn't in the mood. I was still slightly confused about what was going on here. Doctor Chae let out a small cough.

"Well, you look like you’re doing well, and your monitors say the same thing. If everything continues to go well, you'll be able to leave in one hour. We just want to monitor your progress and everything." he smiled and left my room.

I looked around, and then my eyes fell on him.

My face became slightly warm, but I was determined to talk to him. Wasn't this what this whole trip was about anyways?

"So what time is it?" I asked. My voice squeaked. Apparently, this would be a lot harder than expected.

"Four twenty." Rain responded, looking at his wrist. "I'm sorry, how are you feeling? I know we've all asked you that a lot lately, but I just want to make sure you are okay. I feel really bad about this whole thing. I should've made sure you were okay. I mean, it was two thirty."

For some reason, having people feel bad for me made me feel bad for them. I really disliked having people tell me they felt bad for my sake. I had an idea though.

"It's okay! I do feel a lot better now. Thanks for making sure.... Honey." I said the last part with a smirk, and tried to pass it off as natural, like what he did this morning. I felt a sense of satisfaction as I saw his face turn pink. If he could make my heart skip beats and make my face look like a tomato, well then I would just have to try to return the favor.

"So uh, your doctor said you'll be able to get out in an hour! That's great!" He responded a little too quickly.

"Yeah! What time did you make the reservation for?"

"What reservation? OH! It's at 7:30. But we don't have to go if you’re not feeling up to it. I can always take you back to my parent's house and we can have dinner there, or you can come over to my place."


"Oppa, I only fainted because I didn't eat. It's not like I'm dying or something. If its four thirty now and I get out in an hour, we'll have plenty of time to get ready for the dinner."

He seemed happy with this response, which made me happy too. I don't want everything to always be about me.

We talked for a little bit more, waiting for the hour to pass.

Then I remembered something.

"Oppa?" I asked with a nervous feeling in my stomach. I wasn't quite sure how I was going to ask this - or how it was going to go over.

"Yeah?"

"When I woke up just a bit ago, I heard someone singing, and holding my hand. I realized it was you. I didn't quite fully understand the song, but I kinda got bits and pieces out of it, so I think I have a good idea of what it's talking about. And well... I was wondering… why were you singing that song?"

He let a huge breath, and smiled. I was getting really nervous because it seemed to take him forever to answer the question. Why did I ever even ask that? I'm so stupid! What if the answer is something I don't even want to hear?

"The truth is.... Minji...