The Truth

An Arranged... Soul Mate?

 

He cleared his throat and looked down at the table.

He looked up and into my eyes before asking, “Did you… perhaps hear anything when you were in the hospital? I mean, like, when I was singing to you… and… and before?”

He was talking to me while I was subconscious? I shook my head.

“Okay… well have you ever heard of me? Or a singer named Rain? Or Rainbi?”

“It sounds vaguely familiar, but I can’t think from where.” I frowned.

“Well… I’m actually…. I’m actually a pretty famous singer, dancer and model. Everyone calls me Rain because that’s my stage name.”

My jaw dropped.

“You’re a… you’re a WHAT?!”

“A… singer…?”

“I got that… but… you’re famous?! I mean, that’s awesome! You sing really well. But I just didn’t expect you to be an actual famous singer.”

 My future husband laughed and shrugged his shoulders.

“I guess it would be a bit of a shock to find out the person you are engaged to is actually famous. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you earlier, but I didn’t know how. I mean, I told you while you were in the hospital, but that doesn’t really count.”

I shook my head, still in shock. Wow.

Wait… this reminded me of something.

“Oppa? Why is your last name Jung, but your dad’s is Yoon?”

He normally happy, smiley face to one I wished I would never see again. It felt like my heart was breaking just looking at it. Was that tears forming in his eyes?

“When I was seven… My parents went out for a date. It was just like any other day. A few hours passed by, naturally. But then, a few more passed by and they still weren’t home. My babysitter would usually let me stay up when they were out at night so when they came home, they could tuck me into bed. However, she sent me to bed even though they weren’t home. I didn’t understand why, but I went to bed anyway. The next morning, she was still there, but my parents weren’t. As it turns out, they… they… were… murmur.” He started sobbing.

Murmur? Oh… Oh gosh…

I could barely say the word.

It came out as a horse whisper.

“Murdered?”

His body starting shaking from the crying.

“It’s okay. Take as long as you need.” I said, placing a hand gently on his shoulder.

He shook his head, as he was wiping the tears away.

“No, no. I’m sorry. I don’t mean to be so dramatic. I just miss them so much. I feel like I never even got the chance to say goodbye. Well, anyways… on with the story. The Yoon’s were my parent’s really good friends. Like, the way your parents are becoming with mine. My dads met in high school and were best friends. They went to college together, got an apartment together after they graduated and even enrolled in the military together. They were basically inseparable until they found girlfriends and got married. So when that happened, it was pretty much only natural that I live with them. They welcomed me into their home as their own son. They let me keep my last name though as a way to keep the memory of my parents alive.”

I nodded sympathetically. I couldn’t even imagine losing one of my parents to death. And in such a horrible way!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lol. Yes I realize these are pretty bad chaps. I just wanted to update though. I can't believe it's already 11! Where does the time go?! Okay well... these are actually rough drafts. I didn't REALLY read over them. Maybe tomo?

Ok. Goodnight. lol.

Btw.... I feel like a terrible cloud. I've just been so stressed about work and school. I mean, really it's a miracle I'm able to update this story. Lol. Anyways... Today is the day Rain leaves for his enlistment. I just realized. I know he'll never read this but I'm still going to say it... Good luck!! I wish you all the best!! Stay healthy and strong. I love you and see you in two years. :')) Rain fighting!!