You can relax now.

An Arranged... Soul Mate?

 Dear lovely readers- I am terrribly sorry for not posting in so long... my computer suddenly crashed! :( But enough of excuses, I got the issue resolved and now I can start posting again! Enjoy~

_____________

Rain's POV-

 

“Do you know what happened?” The one of the paramedics asked us.

“No.” I gulped. Do I want to know what happened? I silently asked myself.

“Well until we find out what happened, we can’t tell you. Really, it could go either way.”

As if I wasn’t already filled with dread. He couldn’t just say everything was going to be OK?

We followed the two men out to the ambulance, and then Joon showed me the way to his car.

BIG. MISTAKE.

“Joon! Can you slow down please?!” I nearly screamed with fright. With everything else that was on my mind, I had completely forgotten Joon driving when he is in a paniced state could very possibly kill me, or us. “You’re gonna kill us!”

“Hyung, relax. I’m only going- Okay, okay, I’ll slow down.” He said, looking at the speedometer.

Fortunately, he slowed down, but only a little. It was a miracle we ever got to the hospital- safe, sound, and in the same car we left in.

Joon dropped me off at the front entrance, and went to park the car. I only stopped running to ask where my fiancée’s room was.

The elevator was moving way to slow, so I decided to just skip it and go for the stairs. A few minutes later, and completely out of breath might I add, I shoved open the door of the floor Minji was on. I ran through a few different halls, taking a few wrong turns, but eventually finding the right one.

I opened the door slowly. I felt somewhat reluctant to do this as I wasn’t sure what I’d find. I really didn’t like hospitals- especially when I was visiting someone who meant so much to me.

I was slightly surprised to see my parents laughing and talking with Minji’s parents as if nothing had happened.

“H-hello everyone.” I stumbled, because I was so out of breath.

“Ah, hello, son.” My dad said, putting a hand on my shoulder. “You can relax now. She’s going to be okay.”

“Except maybe you won’t be.” My future father-in-law said which made all four parents start laughing again.   

I tried to smile, but it came out weakly, and I figured I was better off without forcing it.

“So, what happened?” I asked.

Suddenly, there was a voice behind me. I jumped as I hadn’t heard anyone coming in behind me.

“It looks like she hasn’t eaten anything for a few hours, which caused her blood sugar to drop severely. As a result, she fainted. She’ll be okay though. We’re feeding her through an IV and she should wake up in an hour or two.” An older, gray haired man said. He was wearing a white lab coat, so I figured he must have been Minji’s doctor.

I felt like I was finally able to breathe again. A huge weight had just been lifted off my shoulder, and I was able to exhale.

“I’m Doctor Chae, by the way. I will be monitoring Ms. Park.” He said, turning for one final look at my fiancée before leaving the room.

I turned back to my parents, who were talking amongst themselves.

“Well… since Minji is not in a critical condition, we will be going. Thank you for calling us and letting us know. Call us again if something goes wrong.” My father said for the group.

I stood there slightly stunned. Surely the Park’s would want to stay with their daughter- she was in the hospital for crying out loud! This trip was supposed to be about Minji and I getting to know each other, but it seemed like it’s more about both of our parents visiting with their friends.

We said our goodbyes, and when my parents left, I pulled a chair up to the side of Minji’s bed.

I was studying her angel-like face when I remembered something.

“Shoot!” I whispered shouted as I reached into my pocket to pull out my phone.

I opened and found that I had three unread text messages.

“Shoot!” I repeated.

Two were from Joon hyung- the first asking which room, the other letting me know he’d ‘be up in a few minutes. ;)’

I sighed. In the hospital? Really?

I replied, telling him the room and what happened. ;)

I put my phone away, and resumed my previous activity.

Everything about her seemed so amazing. She looked like an angel, just lying there. Her face looked so peaceful and just… breathtaking. And her body was no different. I definitely wouldn’t mind waking up every morning to her face. I would even wake up extra early every morning, just to be able to see her that much sooner.

Before I knew what I was doing, I grabbed her hand and was just holding it.

“I’ve wanted to do this ever since we left the restaurant last night, my Minji. I hope you don’t mind.” I found myself talking to her. Part of me was afraid she could hear me and feel my hand resting on hers, but the other part didn’t care so much. Perhaps she didn’t even know what was going on. Either way, someday I would hold her hand and tell her how much she means to me, so why not start now? Maybe if I just tell her that I do like her, and will always treat her better than anyone else ever could, she’d realize this whole arrangement could work out. “I just wish I could have the courage to tell you how I feel. I’m just… afraid, I guess. I want to you to be happy, but what if you’re not happy with me? Honestly, I’m going to do everything in my power to make you love me.” I started laughing at myself. I’m practically confessing to a person who is not even conscious! I must sound ridiculous. At least the door is closed.

I got out of the chair, and walked over to the window. I was watching the people down below, when a song popped into my head.

I walked back to the chair and sat down. I grabbed her hand again, and looked down at my knees. I don’t know why it seems so hard to say this to her.

“You may not know this, but… I’m actually famous. Everyone calls me Rain, because that’s my stage name. I’m… a singer, dancer and model. I’m going to sing this song for you. Hopefully you won’t mind this either…”

I took a deep breath and started singing acapella.

 It was one of my favorite songs. It was recently released, and I’d been hearing it a lot on the radio.

When I finished the song, I laid my head down on the edge of the bed. It was actually a lot more stressful than I thought it would be. I never sang to someone I could possibly be in love with.