The Break

Makeup
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The stagnant air filled Jiyong's apartment as Chaerin talked about something serious. He hated to see her getting all stressed up because of him. All he wanted to do was to make her feel at ease and comfortable, be her beacon whenever she felt lost. He did not expect her to tell him that there may be a chance of them not being together because of her family issues. Jiyong knew, he always knew that Chaerin will be 'The One' for him in his lifetime, he thought she would always be there for him, be with him, right beside him, but that's not how life worked.

Life is cruel.

 

"Your dad is getting transferred?"

"Yeah... Papa said that he might get transferred next time... It seems like he doesn't have a say in this if he wants to keep the job..."

"That's tough... If there's anything that I can do for you Chaerin, just tell me okay? You can rely on me."

"I understand... Thanks Jiyong-oppa..."

 

Chaerin needed to steel Jiyong's heart before she break the news to him. He should already know by now that she will be leaving him soon, and things will just flow when the time comes. She hated to see his light dim the moment he heard about her lie, even though she felt responsible for hurting him she had to do this as soon as possible. 

  -----------------------------------------------------  

Chaerin decided to have 'the final talk' with Jiyong soon. If things continue this way, she would have to sacrifice her innocence to compensate for cheating his feelings. G-Dragon was the ultimate cassanova, she felt no sense of security whenever she was together with him, she couldn't trust him too since she had witnessed his playboyish ways, and she promised that she will not be the victim of his frivolous actions. Dara nodded as she listened to her dongsaeng pour out her sorrows at the pantry. She had already heard bits of it from Bom, the overly zealous friend called her once Chaerin left and told her all about it. 

 

"So, you are going to move?" Dara asked, Chaerin could see the worry in her eyes.

"Yeah, to somewhere far away where he won't be able to find me..."

"I see... If it was a long distance relationship, you can get a natural ending! Smart move Chaerin-ah~"

"Unnie! Don't call me by my name in the office!" She slapped Dara's arm by instinct, causing the unnie to wince.

"Oops, slip of tongue... CL alright? CL-roo~"

"Unnie..."

"Anyway, isn't this the most natural and safe way to break up with someone? Where are you moving to then?"

"I'm thinking about Busan? It's quite a distance away from Seoul..."

 

Dara spotted GD coming in this direction when he gave her a little wave while walking over with a mug in his hand. CL had her back faced him and she didn't knew it was the guy that they were gossiping about coming nearer, she found it weird when Dara gave her a weird wink with a smirk and left her alone with her unfinished coffee. All the unnie wanted to do is to give her a chance to be with GD, getting her feelings straight while at the same time, giving the both of them some privacy for she knew that GD will only more when she was there. 

Both didn't share a word, she just watched him make his coffee while she sat there quietly sipping hers enjoying her breaktime. 

 

"Do you want a cookie?" GD offered as he sat down in front of her.

"No thanks, who knows what you did with it."

"Hahaha! Still as defensive as ever huh CL! I just thought you might be hungry that's all." What the, since when was he so caring towards his workmates? CL thought.

 

It was totally awkward having coffee in the pantry with GD. Chaerin felt that their relationship has softened a lot compared to the past, he wasn't so critical about her now and doesn't as much. Ever since he went out with Chaerin, the atmosphere around GD has changed with Jiyong too, even his thoughts had changed positively. She gave herself a chance to talk to him, but if he blew it then that's the end of her taking the initiative.

Just one chance.

 

"Hey GD, so how are you doing with your girlfriend now?"

"We are good, I just invited her to my house recently." Talk about bringing up her nightmare...

"What kind of person is she? It's surprising that you actually have a stable girlfriend now."

"She's good, pretty much like any girl..." He blushed as he thought of her, which Chaerin felt awkward that he gotten so shy j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter