Who He Was

A Stranger To Himself

Flashback

Last Day of Summer. 10th grade begins

"Junhong! Junhong! Can I help plan your sweet 16 party?" IU innocently asked Zelo. They were dating for a year now. She always calls him by his real name, because thats what his family did and she was basically family now.

"Awh, there's no point for a sweet 16. And my birthday isn't until October! Its still August!"

"Hmph. Zelo, I'll just go ask your parents if I can help." IU said while she walked away. She wasn't usually a girl that stuck to their men like sticky gum.

"Aiiigooo. Does it really matter?" He whispered to himself. Zelo, oh how correct you are.

 

IU did the same thing everyday. Open Zelo's window in the early morning, jump on his bed and yell at him to wake up. She made a very good alarm so he was never late to school. He often had trouble waking up because he was studying too hard. Every parent's dream. But Zelo's parents weren't around often because they were very busy due to their jobs.

Today was the first day of 10th grade. 

School didn't really help him though because he knew everything the teachers taught.

IU and Zelo walked to their school together everyday. At the entrance were some fangirls greeting Zelo and sneering at IU. Zelo politely greeted them and ran off holding IU's hand. 

"I'm so sorry that they are like that to you because of me..." Zelo sincerely said.

"Oh Zelo. Don't be silly. You are so much more worth it." IU responded gaining a loving smile from Zelo. 

Suddenly an entire crowd of females were rushing to the door. They were getting pushed and shoved. IU grabbed onto Zelo's arm and they ran from the group of girls. 

"I wonder what that was." IU frowned.

They turned around and saw 7 handsome boys walking in. They all had well toned bodies and they ignored all the screaming girls. 

"Pssh.Come on, lets go before they walk toward us and maul us again. 

"Agreed."

They went to their lockers and prepared for their first class. It was a gift that Zelo and IU had the same schedule. They walked into class and took their seats but to their utter disappointment, the pretty boys were in their class as well. A bunch of girls swooned over them as they walked into class.

"Hello class! We have 7 new students today! They are called BTOB!" The teacher said while 90% of the females in class ignored her. 

"Fitting so well already huh. Well lets get started then!" The teacher was ignored again. Frustrated she took a ruler and hit it on the table. A few turned their attention to her but others continued trying to get BTOB's attention.

"Ayo listen up!" One BTOB boy yelled. He had orange hair. Everyone became silent. "Lets listen to the teacher now." He said as he sat down.

"Thank you Ilhoon." The teacher said. The girls started to get all giddy again but they stopped. He was pretty attractive. All 7 sat in the back of the room, which was a bad choice because all the insane girls would sit in their chairs backwards and stare at them like they were some sort of masterpiece. Maybe they all were anyway. 

"Class, I am giving a pre test to see how you are all doing in your studies. This will not be graded, but still try your best." The teacher told everyone.

Zelo and IU were able to ace the test because they were both geniuses. Zelo was highly admired for this and IU was looked down on for being a nerd and dating Zelo. 

When they got back to class the next day, BTOB decided to sit at the front, which proved to be a smart choice. 

"Class! I graded all your quizzes and many of you need improvement." The teacher said. "Zelo and IU, you both got 100s! As for BTOB, you have low grades.  How about Zelo and IU help them out? Ilhoon, your grades were okay, so you may stay and the 8 of you may go into the study room."

IU was gaining glares and sneers from the girls and she left the room as quickly as possible. They weren't actually too particularly happy about tutoring them, but they never go against the teacher.

They entered the room and Zelo started helping them out with Math. IU was helping out by explaining things to them. They realized that teaching them wasn't too bad. 

"Sorry that we had to pull you guys out of class. This is our first time going to school. My name is Eunkwang and I'm the leader."

"Its okay. Nice to meet you." Zelo said

"Why is it your first time at school? Everyone has to go to school." IU asked

"Uhhh. Long story. Lets do this work." Another said. His name tag read Lim Hyun Sik.

________________________________________________________________

Zelo realized that BTOB were friendly people. They became closer. Zelo would tutor them then the  8 of them would hang out together. As this happened, BTOB was stealing time away from Zelo and IU, but they never seemed to notice. She is a strong girl, so she was fine alone. BTOB seemed a bit suspicious to her since they were uneducated so she decided to not follow them around. 

After school, Zelo went up to IU and said he was going to hangout with BTOB again and promised that they would have more time together soon. It was already October and the weather was getting a bit chilly in Korea. Zelo kissed IU goodbye and went off the follow BTOB. IU wondered what they were planning to do, so she secretly followed them wearing a hoodie and sunglasses. Suddenly BTOB stopped. Zelo was about to ask what was wrong when 5 boys walked up to them. All of BTOB took a step backwards. 

"What do you want." Peniel growled.

They walked closer and one walked up to Peniel and tried punch him, but Peniel dodged it. BTOB rushed up and attacked them. Zelo went up to hide behind the nearby tree and made sure the group didn't notice his existence. IU saw the fight and was shocked. These guys really knew how to fight.

"What do you want!!" Ilhoon yelled.

"For you to be gone!" The 5 boys yelled.

Changsub, Peniel and Sungjae looked terribly injured. 

And to make the situation worse, another group of guys came up.

 

They were called Exo-K and they were helping the other group that called themselves Nu'est. 

BTOB forgot about Zelo and were fighting them like the old days. They were yelling something to each other, but to Zelo it was inaudible. He seemed to be working on something.

Some of the Nu'est and Exo-K members were down but only Hyunsik, Minhyuk and Eunkwang were up now. Zelo was cutting little branches out of the trees quietly and was building something.

Suddenly one of the guys from Nu'est pulled out a gun. The three BTOB members stopped. Zelo saw his chance, but the boy wasn't stupid. 

"JR..." Sungjae said as he laid on the ground.

JR seemed to be looking at the tree where Zelo was hiding. 

"JR! What are you doing! That is our last bullet!" Nu'est shouted. 

Zelo put one foot out to show that there was someone hiding.

JR went to go behind the tree with his gun ready but he stepped on Zelo's trap and dropped his gun.

 

Zelo went up to pick up the gun. The sticks were only seen now because they blended in with the dead grass.

JR yelled as the sticks punctured through his shoes.

Everyone stared in shock as Zelo stepped out from behind the tree holding a mini pocket knife.

"I'm glad I brought this thing with me today." Zelo indicated to his knife. Nu'est looked in anger at Zelo. Ren walked up to Zelo to punch him as Zelo smirked.

"Ren noooooo!" Nu'est yelled as Ren got stuck on the sticks with JR. 

Exo-K was sneaking away carrying their injured members and Zelo yelled to them.

"Yo, you 6 boys! Make sure you don't come back!" 

Kai turned around and smirked. The 6 of them departed. Zelo turned back to the 3 boys angrily standing there.

Zelo held up their gun and pointed it at them. 

"Would you like to... leave now?" Zelo asked.

"Child. Do you even know how to use a gun?" Baekho asked.

"I'm sure Eunkwang knows how to." Zelo said as he unloaded and tossed the gun to Eunkwang who easily caught it.

"I know how to do archery." Zelo said as he held up his loaded handmade bow and some arrows that he made during the fight. 

"Hah. Trying to scare us away with a little toy?" Minhyun asked.

He shot in arrow into the ground to show it's strength. It punctured into the grass and went halfway through.

Nu'est sneered and walked away leaving JR and Ren struggling in pain. Zelo pulled the all the sticks out from the ground then out from their feet. He tossed all the sticks over the railing that fell into the river nearby.

"Go." Zelo said to them as they glared and walked away from BTOB and Zelo.

"Yoooo! Thanks bro" Eunkwang said to Zelo and Hyunsik and Minhyuk slapped him on the back.

"Those were our old enemies..." Hyunsik explained.

Zelo looked around. "Where are the rest?" Only Minhyuk, Eunkwang and Hyunsik were around.

IU showed herself. 

"I patched them up a bit." She shyly said.

"That's my girl! Thanks." Zelo said to her.

___________________________________________________

Day before Zelo's death and birthday.

9:00 am Saturday morning

IU climbed through Zelo's window. That lazy boy refused to wake up.

"Wake up! Wake up!" She yelled at Zelo as she jumped up and down on his bed. Its a good thing that Zelo's parents leave earlier.

"Nrgahhhhh." Zelo moaned at her.

"Junhong! Get up!" 

"Whattt!"

"Hi!" Zelo looked at her. Even with a bed head and a tired face, he still looked handsome.

"Bye." Zelo layed back down.

"Noooo! Junhong! Get up!" She complained as she yanked him and they both tumbled on the floor.

She giggled. "Your up now hehe." 

"Yeah yeah, very funny. Why did you come this early today? It's Saturday! I usually sleep until 12!"

"Hmph. That's not good for you. Tomorrow is your birthday! Preparation time!" IU excitedly said

"Silly you." He said as he kissed her forehead. "I don't care about turning 16."

"Why! Enjoy your last days being 15!" She happily said as she danced around the room then stopped. "Oh. You need to change out of your clothes. Hurry, I'll be waiting!" 

"Ahaha stay here with mee" Zelo said with aegyo.

She screeched. "You need to change! You don't need spectators!" Zelo chuckled as she ran out of the room then suddenly came back to close the door.

______________________________________________

12pm

Zelo and IU went to take a walk to the park. Autumn was a really beautiful season, with the sun shining behind the colorful trees. 

They walk together and a familiar figure appears. 

Baekho.

 

"I never promised that I'd leave you guys alone did I?" IU pouted. 

He smirked at her. "We can play after I'm done, okay?"

"Nooooooo... thanks."

Zelo swung a punch at Baekho. IU knew Zelo was inexperienced in fist fighting. She left silently and went to look for BTOB. 

_____________________________________________

IU easily found Minhyuk, but he said that the rest were away for a few hours. They saw Zelo was good a dodging; a genius that could calculate and remember the speed Baekho. Minhyuk snuck behind Baekho and stopped his next punch. Baekho sneered at Minhyuk.

"This is between me and that..." He was stopped because Minhyuk's punch. Baekho was very experienced in fighting.  Minhyuk would kick and punch him. They were both getting bruises at this point. Zelo was worried. He secretly walked behind Baekho, who was immersed in the fight. He quickly wrapped his arm around Baekho's neck and he immidiately released his punch and struggled against Zelo.

As BTOB was walking back, they saw Baekho struggling against Zelo. Zelo let go and as Baekho was about to punch him, BTOB surrounded him and Ilhoon grabbed his wrist.

"No no." Ilhoon said to him.

"Ready to leave now?" Peniel asked.

"And DON'T come back." Zelo reminded. Baekho sneered and limped away.

"Thanks man." Zelo said.

"Oh! Isn't tomorrow you're birthday?" Sungjae asked

"Oh yeah, it is!" Changsub said.

"Aw guys, it doesn't matter." Zelo said

"You can be part of BTOB with us! Tomorrow, you are officially part of BTOB! Happy sweet 16." Eunkwang said.

"Awh, guys..." They all had a group hug. IU left because she didn't seem important at the moment.

"We should all meet here tomorrow at 2pm. Promise?" Ilhoon said

Zelo looked at them.

"Promise."

________________________________________________

11:00 pm

1 hour until death

IU climbed into his window. He was in the middle of changing and she wasn't really looking since she was paying attention to her steps.

"Ahh, IU, just on time." Zelo said. 

"Huh? What do you..." She looked up and saw him without a shirt. "Ahh! Yah!!!" She complained and turned around.

He chuckled. "Are you done yet?" She asked

"Yeah." 

"Are you lying?"

"Yeah."

"Aiiishhh!"

A few seconds later, he wrapped his arms around her waist. "Oh. Yay, you're done changing!" She happily jumped out of his arms and sat on his bed. She was a very unromantic girl. He rubbed his head and walked over to the bed to sit next to her.

"Ahh you are turning 16. You gotta tell me what its gonna be like." IU said

"I doubt that there is going to be a change." 

A moment of silence.

"Hey shouldn't your parents be back now?" IU asked

"Hmm. Yeah. They said that they were going to come at 11."

"Its 11:45 now though..."

"Maybe I should look for them." Zelo said as he stood up.

"But... Wait let me come!" IU said.

"You should stay... In case they come back." He said.

She pouted. "Okay."

 

Zelo went to the nearest pay phone. He tried dialing the work number. No answer. He felt his body being dragged to the forest. He stood in the forest confused. There a huge pile of people lay on the ground dead. He saw his cousins, aunts, uncles and some he didn't recognize. On the top of the pile, laid his parents.

It didn't really register in his mind that there was a huge pile of humans in front of him.

Immediately he felt very thirsty.

Very thirsty.

Something strange appeared in front of him.

"I don't like water..." It said to him.

In a few seconds, he was dead. All H2O was still being out of him then he was incinerated to ashes. 

The clock struck 12. It was now Zelo's birthday.

An hour later, there was a huge pile of ashes that soon disappeared, blown away with the wind.

 

End of Flashback

 

----------------------------------------------------

Hi guys, sorry it took so long to update. I'm a pretty slow updater.

I fix the other story soon! I realized that there is spell check on here. Yay! My spelling , so...

 

I hope you enjoy! 

 

note: looking for posters!