Chapter 16 ❤: The Beginning of the Present

Afraid To Say The Words "I Love You"

Chapter 16:

The Beginning of the Present

 

 

Taeyeon's Pov

I hurried on my way to the restaurant. That girl has been waiting for like 15 minutes, i should have been there early. 

Still a turtle, aren't i?

I arrived at my destination, watch the cars passed by as i walked in. 

I search around to see Yoona, and there she was. Still stunning as ever.  She happily saw me and waved at me, i waved back at her. I was greeted with a big warm hug and a kiss. 

"Tae, you've ....... grown!" She screamed which cause everyone to look at us.

"God, can't you lower your voice?" I said at her. 

She laughed at me. 

"Come on, sit down." She giggled. I sat down and wanted to enjoy this moment. 

"How you've been for the last 5 years?" She randonly asked.

"It's been quite long and busy, but im happy about it." I simply said. 

"Are you?" An icy voice said from aback.  I didn't turn around cause i clearly know it's Jessica.  I knew they were still together. 

"Hey, Jess." I stood up and hugged her. 

"Nice to see you again, babes." Jessica smiled. 

Jessica sat down beside Yoona. 

"So, Tae... Are you still coming back to the US?" Jessica asked.

"I don't know but maybe ..." 

"Oh come on, you just got here, let's enjoy and live while were young." Jessica said as she was energized.  I giggled at her.

"Yoong, what happen to this lazy girl?" I asked sarsistically. 

Yoona was about to burst in laughter but she tried to hide as Jessica glared at her. 

"Excuse me Kim Taeyeon, did you know that i own this restaurant your is sitting right now?" Jessica said as she raised her eyebrows.

"Oh, really? That's why it looks icy." Taeyeon's sudden attack made Jessica hit her arms. 

Yoona can only laugh at the cute sight. 

"It feels like were still in high school." Yoona said smiling.  Jessica nodded. 

"It that i had to go right now for meeting the suppliers." Jessica said pouting.

"It's okay, you can go now. There's a plenty of time to bond with Tae." Yoona smiled at her. 

Jessica indistincly smiled too and looks at Taeyeon.  She stood up and hugged Taeyeon and bid goodbye to both of them. 

"Take care, Sica." 

And the ice left the building.

"Don't you have a plan to marry her now? It's been like years." I asked.

"Im planning to propose on her, and it's a secret okay?" Yoona said as she showed her the ring from her pockets. 

Taeyeon was extremly awe at the sight of the shining ring.  "It's gorgeous." Taeyeon said.

"Hey, it's a secret okay bud?" Yoona said. 

"You can trust on me." Taeyeon reassurely smiled. 

"Shall we order first?"

 

  -----

 

Taeyeon and Yoona had both finiahe their lunch together.  Sharing laughters and telling embarassing moments. 

When Taeyeon thought about the thing Yoona said. 

"So, Yoong. What is it that important thing your gonna tell me?"  Yoona was hesitating to answer for a while and that leaves Taeyeon in curiousity. 

"Well .... It's just that -" 

"That?"

Yoona gathered all her confidence to tell Taeyeon.

"Fany's going to be married."  Yoona finally said it.

I know i was hurt when i heard that, but outside i can't show Yoona that i was still that hopeless bestfriend. "Really? Well congratualate her for me." I said. Yoona just had a bitter smile. 

"Tae, she ... wants you to be her bridemaid. She wants you there. Your her bestfriend after all." 

Taeyeon was wondering if it's worth it. 

"I can't, Yoong." 

"You can Tae, i know it's not really a good choice to be there but for the sake of our friendship. Please?" Yoona pleaded her.

Taeyeon was lost at words again. Yoona took something from her bag and an envelope she gave to Taeyeon.

Inside the envelope was

"Stephanie Hwang and Lee Donghae invites you to their wedding." 

And other informations from their wedding. 

Taeyeon was unspeakable to give her response. "Why can't she come here Yoong?" 

"She's busy in the bank, and after all preparing the wedding is hard too. That's why she needs you. She said she'll meet you very  soon." 

"Donghae..." Taeyeon mumbled. 

"Yes Tae, it's still Donghae." Yoona sadly said. 

Despite the broken heart, Taeyeon was still all smiles.

"Well, Yoong. Im happy for her, and i wish her a good life with Donghae but tell her im not coming." Taeyeon said. 

"But why?" Yoona asked. Taeyeon could not look at Yoona's eyes when they talked.

"You know why." Taeyeon said. 

A moment of silence was heard. 

"You still love her, don't you?" Yoona said. 

Taeyeon was speechless but a silence means YES for Yoona.

 

-----

 

After the lunch date with Yoong, i went straight back to my office and kept thinking about it.  I wonder why she want it that way, i mean, she knows i have feelings for her but why. 

She makes it more harder.  I sighed.  I wish I had the guts to walk away and forget about what we had. But, I can't because I know she won't come after me, and I guess that's what hurts the most I've gone through this before.. and thats why i dont get why this is so hard for me to deal with... its the simple fact that she just doesnt want me like i want her, i guess, maybe, its so hard because for a while there.. she made me feel like she did... maybe thats the difference.

I started to keep off my mind about it, but it's still there.  When my ringtone blew me up. 

"Tae, Have you made up your mind? Please? :(" 

- Yoona

Ehh, i don't know. But i made up my mind already. 

I gathered all my energy, lift off my hands from those papers and started using my hands to text.  I slowly type...

"Arraseo." 

That's when i realize at some point, you’ll have to realize that some people can stay in your heart, but not in your life.

 

-----

 

 

 

Tiffany, Tiffany. 

Why do you want Taeyeon to be your bridemaids?  You'll hurt her even more. 

Such a complicated life, isn't it Tae?

Leave up your thoughts ~