Chapter 18

Living A Double Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

L whistled as he walked down the road. He felt so much more relaxed after telling you that he has interest in you. Now that you know his feelings for you, he did not need to watch you from afar anymore. He does not know when it started but one day, he just found himself watching your every move, as if something might happen to you if he is not alert enough. When you smiled, he smiled and when you frowned, he frowned as well. It was like he is a magnet that is attracted to you.

L knows that he is not in love with you but he always have this urge to protect you in his arms so that no harm will come to you. He always wants to be the first person that you would think of if something happens to you. He wants you to care about him too and look at him like he looks at you. In short, he wants to be in your mind.

Now, he was thinking if you would allow him to get closer to you and maybe study together. That way, he can gain your trust and start being himself and no more holding back. Thinking about homework, he realised that he had forgotten to pass you the notes for History and mentally cursed. He turned around and went back to your house.

 

A ball rolled and gently hit your feet. Looking down, you saw a soccer ball and picked it up. “Noona! Can we have it back please?” A kid around the age of 12 asked and you gladly threw the ball to him. Wiping your tears, you watched the group of children play. It would be nice to have freedom, just like those kids. They have no problems at all. All they need to do now is to study and be a good child to their parents. They do not need to do anything for anyone. They just need to be themselves.

You coughed again and felt someone patting your back. “Are you okay?” A familiar voice asked and you quickly stood up. A wave of dizziness hit you and you lost your balance. “Saemi!” L caught you in his arms before you could fall.

“I’m fine.” You whispered but L could see that you were not fine at all. You were burning up and you were panting like you just finished a marathon. Cold sweat was formed on your forehead and you shut your eyes to get rid of the dizziness.

“Don’t worry, I’ll bring you back to your apartment.” L scooped you up in his arms and started running towards your house. He went to your house just now to find you but no one opened the door so he tried his luck by looking for you below and he was glad he that he found you.

“But I’m heavy.” You coughed again.

“Don’t talk. And no, you are not heavy. In fact, you are as light as a feather.” He told you and went into the lift. Once the lift reached your floor, he went to your house and asked for your password.

“It’s 963959.” The password is made up the names of everyone in B.A.P except yours and only they knew the password.

L brought you to your room and gently placed you on your bed. “Just lie here and don’t move. Sleep if you can because it helps. I’ll buy some fever medicine for you so just stay on the bed.” He instructed and ran out of your apartment.

You sighed as you helplessly watched him ran away. You were not sure if you did the right thing in telling L your password but you just let it go. It was not like you were in the condition to punch in the password anyway. Closing your eyes, you let your body relaxed and you soon found yourself slowly falling asleep.

 

L quietly entered your apartment and went to the kitchen. He took a cup and filled it with a bit of water before taking the medicine and crushing it. Mixing the solution, he went to your room and saw that you were groaning in your sleep. It was like you were in pain and it hurts L to see you like this. “Dae.. Daehyun oppa..” You mumbled.

*She calls him oppa?* L could not help but to feel a little jealous. He took a chair and placed it beside your bed. “Saemi-ah, it’s time to eat your medicine.” He gently called you and lifted your upper body up.

“Myungsoo?” You whispered but did not open your eyes.

“Yea it’s me. Drink this.” He placed the cup to your lips and you drink the water down. “Go and sleep.” He tucked you and you nodded, falling asleep quickly thanks to the fever medicine. Taking your phone, he unlocked it and went to your contact list. His eyes fell upon a name and he called the number.

“Wassup princess! What honour do I have for you to call me today?” Daehyun answered the call.

“It’s me, L.”

 

L was stirring the pot of porridge when he heard someone punching in the password to your apartment. The door then slammed opened and Daehyun walked past the kitchen and into your room. L quietly followed behind. “Saemi?” Daehyun whispered the moment he entered your room. He saw you stirred in your sleep and went to sit on the chair beside your bed. “Saemi? It’s Dae.” He grabbed onto your hand and you slowly opened your eyes.

“Oppa?” You croaked and he let out a sigh of relief.

“Damn girl, you scared me. How the hell did you even fall sick?” He demanded. He has known you for so many years and you rarel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter