8

The 인피니트 Series - 내꺼하자 [hiatus]

Sungjong’s P.O.V.

Jingle bells, jingle bells,

Jingle all the way.

Oh! What fun it is to ride

In a one-horse open sleigh.

 

The choir sang as I walked past them. It’s wintertime and Christmas is soon approaching. I’m walking down the aisle to my practice room, I was giggling on the inside and smiling on the outside, trying to suppress my laughter with my hand. People were giving me weird stares, making me look like an escaped mental patient. I’d prepared Sunggyu hyung a scarf as a present because he’d always eat those odd vitamins after mealtimes, saying that he’s maintaining his health and whatnot. So I’d thought why not a scarf to protect him from winter’s cold?

 

“Hyung?” I queried as I poked my head into the practice room, noticing that he was nowhere to be seen. I then felt a finger tapped my shoulder so I spun around to find out.

 

“Boo!” Sunggyu hyung shouted.

 

“Whoa! Hyung you scared me!” I yelled in pretense and clutched my chest.

 

“Jinjja?”

 

I responded by putting on a stern look, “No.”

 

“Wae?”

 

“Maybe one day, hyung should watch a horror movie with me.” I teased.

 

“Aniyo! You know your hyung has a weak heart. He cannot survive this kind of ordeal and he needs lots of vitamins.” Sunggyu hyung immediately declined and waved his hands around dramatically.

 

“So… to protect yourself, I’ve prepared you a present. Merry Christmas hyung!” I cried and whipped out the small box from my bag.

 

“Ah… gomawo Sungjong-ah!” he thanked me and accepted my present.

 

“What about mine hyung?” I questioned in disappointment.

 

“Well… if you dance well today, then we’ll have dinner with Sungyeol and Namjoo.”

 

“Jinjja?”

 

“Neh, jinjja.”

 

“Whoo-hoo! Daebak!” I shouted and punched my fist into the air.

 

I then cocked my head to one side and to reconfirm his statement, “Hyung did you say we’re dancing today?”

 

“Neh, wae?”

 

“Let’s get started then!” I cheered.

 

“Aish… this kid.” Sunggyu hyung grumbled.

 

Deck the halls with boughs of holly,

Fa la la la la, la la la la.

Tis the season to be jolly,

Fa la la la la, la la la la.

 

It’s evening now, I’m in my room preparing for tonight’s dinner. “Hmm… what should I wear?” I said to myself. Unable to make up my mind, I sighed heavily and walked towards the balcony. I loved this spot; it’s the place where I can relax my mind just by staring out into the open space and breathing in the refreshing, cool air. As I stood there, I noticed a familiar bright light.

 

“Oh that’s the light from the dance studio. I wonder who’s using it a this hour.” I muttered under my breath. Unable to contain my curiosity, I quickly grabbed a jacket from my closet and headed in the direction of the bright light. Trudging through the white, fluffy snow, I made it safely to the dance studio. It was pretty much rundown; floorboards were broken, pipes were leaking and doors were hanging from their hinge. I walked in cautiously, making sure that I do not fall into a hole or slip on a puddle of water. At the end of the hallway, was a bright light shining from a practice room. I slowly made my way across and peeped in, and there, I saw a boy, or rather a few years older than me, dancing away to some music. His dance steps mesmerized me, every move conveyed strong emotions, and I could tell that he’s putting his all into dancing. I was in my own world, not realizing that he had stopped dancing and put the music on pause.

 

“Didn’t your parents teach you not to stare at people?”

 

“Huh? Oh mianhamnida. Your dancing is really good.” I replied as I snapped out of my trance.

 

He ignored me and continued to change his sweaty, soaked shirt into a clean, dry one. There it showed proudly, his well-chiseled abs, all eight of them. I continued to watch in amazement, or maybe lust, not even noticing as his shoulder brushed past me. I immediately left my dream world and caught up with him, “Wait! You haven’t told me your name?”

 

“Name’s Howon.”

 

A/N: Saengil Chukhahaeyo Sunggyu-ssi! :D Can't get enough of Gyujong, click here! :P