19

The 인피니트 Series - 내꺼하자 [hiatus]

Howon’s P.O.V.

It was a beautiful night, partly maybe due to the fact that I’m elated that Sungjong accepted me as his boyfriend. After the commotion in the living room, the couples chose to proceed with their own activities. Sungjong and I decided to hangout at the balcony whilst Sungyeol and Namjoo ended up in a room. We blushed as we walked past the door, only to hear moans and groans coming from within. Poor Sunggyu hyung is left alone to watch the television, increasing the volume every minute to drown out the noises.

 

We stood at the balcony in silence for a long while. Sungjong constantly shifted his weight from one leg to the other whilst I turned my head continuously to look at him.  Finally, I decided to break the silence, “Erm… so what made you accept my proposal eventually?”

 

Sungjong choked on his spit as he broke away from his trance, “W-What?” I patted his back as he recovered himself.

 

“Ah… mianhae… I shouldn’t have asked you that,” I replied with a blush as I rubbed his back. There was a long pause once again till I rephrased my question, “May I know why you were so hesitant to answering me?”

 

Sungjong in some air before exhaling in a slow, controlled manner, “Hyung I…”

 

“It’s alright if you don’t want to tell me Sungjong-ah. But I really hope that one day you’ll tell me about it…” I empathized and gave him a kiss on his forehead.

 

Sungjong mumbled, “Hyung what happened tod-”

 

Just then, a voice from the living room distracted us.

 

End of Howon’s P.O.V.

Sunggyu’s P.O.V.

“Ugh! What a bunch of gangsters!” I remarked as I pressed the button to switch from the news channel to another channel.

 

“What’s going on?” Howon popped his head out from the balcony.

 

“Nothing much to make a big deal out of it. It’s just some idols making a fool out of themselves.” I replied.

 

“Oh is it the two I met at the hotel?”

 

“Yes and they blew their cover by assaulting each other in the streets,” I growled, thinking back on what they did to Howon.

 

“Oh my such hooligans!” Howon commented and returned to his conversation with Sungjong.

 

End of Sunggyu’s P.O.V.

Sungjong’s P.O.V.

Tonight was definitely a roller coaster ride. Contract signing was a success but what came after that was a disaster. From kissing Howon hyung to hiding from both Woohyun and Myungsoo hyung to admitting my feelings for Howon hyung in front of the rest, I feel as if my lifetime has been cut short by ten years. No make it twenty. To make things much worse, the sounds coming from inside the room is not helping Howon hyung and me as we stood at the balcony in silence for a long while. I was feeling so nervous and awkward that I had to constantly shift my weight from one leg to the other. It was all until Howon hyung decided to break the silence, “Erm… so what made you accept my proposal eventually?”

 

“W-What?” I choked on my spit as Howon hyung patted my back. I did not expect that question…

 

“Ah… mianhae… I shouldn’t have asked you that,” Howon hyung replied with a blush as he continued to rub my back. Was I supposed to answer that question? Maybe I should… things will turn out to be worse if I don’t tell him now. There was a long pause once again as I thought to myself. Howon hyung asked again, “May I know why you were so hesitant to answering me?”

 

Ok Sungjong you can do it! Here goes nothing! I in some air before exhaling in a slow, controlled manner, “Hyung I…”

 

“It’s alright if you don’t want to tell me Sungjong-ah. But I really hope that one day you’ll tell me about it…” Howon hyung empathized and leaned in to give me a kiss on my forehead.

 

I mumbled, “Hyung what happened tod-”

 

Just then, a voice from the living room distracted us. Hyung you have to hear me out please… it’s for the benefit of both of us…

 

I tensed at the conversation between Howon hyung and Sunggyu hyung. Woohyun and Myungsoo hyung still care about me? No I can’t do this to Howon hyung. I shook my head to clear away the thoughts, only to release a silent sigh from my lips.

 

“Sungjong-ah do you want to take a walk with me?” Howon hyung requested, “Erm… I mean away from all of this nonsense…” Howon hyung blushed as he jerked a thumb to the room behind him.

 

“Erm… sure!” I perked up at the request. This is a good opportunity to clear things up once and for all. Let’s not miss this chance.

 

“Alright then, let’s prepare to head out,” Howon hyung smiled as he grabbed my hand and intertwined his fingers with mine.

 

A/N: Hi there! It's been a long time ain't it. Got a terrible writer's block hence the long wait. But I'm sure that you guys are enjoying the story so please comment on it. By now, you should've realised that Sungjong is having a conflict in his mind between his past and his present. Will he be able to weather through it? Stay tuned to find out more! ;)