24

The 인피니트 Series - 내꺼하자 [hiatus]

“So much for a great debut my .” Howon grumbled as he creased his eyebrows together to form a frown.

 

“I’m very sorry about that.” The elder whose debut was just announced apologized.

 

“Yea I’ve even charged my video camera for today’s occasion.” Sungyeol added from the backseat.

 

“I’ve no control over matters like these.” Sunggyu defended himself for the second time.

 

“I was looking forward to enjoying myself today.” Namjoo stated further as she made a pout with her lips.

 

“Jwesonghamnida Namjoo-ah but work comes first.” The singer sighed and shook his head.

 

“Imagine all the photos and fun times we could have hyung.” Sungjong carried on from the passenger seat.

 

“I promise that we’ll visit the amusement park again.” The leader let out a breath of air as he comforted Sungjong.

 

“I’ve never been to an amusement park before.” Hayoung put on a sulky expression on her face.

 

“We can go there another time Hayoung-ah.” Sunggyu reassured his partner by grasping her small petite hands in his big rough ones. “Hang on… yah! Are all of you ganging up on me? How could you guys do this to me? You know that these are company orders and I have no say in them. Letting you guys be back-up dancers in my team is more than enough!” All passengers in the car were startled by the rise in volume of Sunggyu’s voice.

 

“Mwo? What did you just say? Letting them to be back-up dancers in your team is more than enough!” Hayoung retaliated.

 

Sunggyu fumbled “Hayoung-ah I didn’t mean it th-”

 

“How could you say that of your friends who have helped you through thick and thin?” Hayoung retorted.

 

“She made a very good point.” Sungyeol butted in. Sunggyu spun his head around and glared at him. His girlfriend, Namjoo was quick to cover his mouth with her hand, resulting in incomprehensible mumbles spilling out from her boyfriend’s lips.

 

“I am totally disappointed in you Kim Sunggyu.” Hayoung huffed and crossed her arms as she shifted about her seat to look out of the window.

 

“Hayoung-ah you know what I just said was a mistake.” Sunggyu pleaded as he lightly shook the said person’s shoulders.

 

The said girl responded with “Hmph!” as she twisted her torso more so as to admire the picturesque scenery of tall buildings and lush foliage.

 

“Fine! Giving me the silent treatment now! Be that way then!” Sunggyu flared his temper as he copied the pose of his girlfriend. The entire car ride was a silent one as Sungjong turned his head back continuously, searching for help from Sungyeol and Namjoo to relieve the tense situation in the car. But neither had any idea to resolve the bickering couple’s differences. Howon, on the other hand, constantly peered through his rear-view mirror to assess the worrying state of affairs between the new couple. The long, frightening silence lasted till the vehicle came to a standstill at the main lobby of their new entertainment agency. Sunggyu and Hayoung alighted from the car and slammed their doors shut. Both shot an angry stare at each other before going on their separate ways. The remaining passengers let out a sigh of relief.

 

“Ok we were wrong to aggravate the situation.” Howon spoke up after an uneasy, enduring silence.

 

“Yea all that heated arguments and long car ride made me famished. Want to grab a bite?” Sungyeol asked Namjoo as he climbed out from the backseat. Namjoo nodded in response and the two were soon on their way to the nearest street vendor.

 

“Always thinking of food.” Howon scolded before turning to his navigator--boyfriend, “Sungjong-ah why don’t you go in first. I’ll take some time to park the car.” Sungjong smiled in return as he happily skipped through the doors of Skyelite Entertainment.

 

Sungjong ended up getting lost amongst the rows of doors and columns of pillars. “Sungjong is that you?” A voice from a far end inquired.

 

Sungjong spun around and his eyes widened “Nam Woohyun?”

 

“Yah! Lee Sungjong!” Another voice called out to him from the other end of the hallway.

 

“Kim Myungsoo?” Sungjong’s eyes expanded even further as he turned the other way.

 

“Sungjong-ah finally found you. Where have you been?” Howon rushed forward and placed a kiss on his cheek before sliding an arm around his waist. “Jjongie who are these people?” The possessive boyfriend queried as he tightened his grip around his partner’s waist.

 

A/N: Twitter | Instagram leave behind a comment for follow.