3

The 인피니트 Series - 내꺼하자 [hiatus]

Sungjong’s P.O.V.

“Oppa shouldn’t you be in the dining hall?” Hayoung asked whilst joining me at the balcony.

 

“Aniyo. I’m so stressed out. I think I don’t even fit to be in there.”

 

“Well… it takes time to learn oppa.”

 

“I guess so.” I sighed heavily.

 

I continued to stare out, into the bright lights of Washington D.C. when something extraordinary caught my eye. I turned to Hayoung and enquired, “What’s that bright light over there?” pointing to a distance where a light stood out proudly amongst the darkness.

 

“Ah… that’s just an old dance studio. I’m not sure who still uses it though. It’s quite rundown.” She responded.

 

A long silence enveloped us when Hayoung added, “Oh yes oppa! The school asked if you’re wiling to be taught one-to-one since there’s not much demand to form a class?”

 

“Sure.” I nodded.

 

“Okay then. Oppa you should take a rest now and prepare for school tomorrow.”

 

“Tomorrow?” I raised my voice.

 

“Tomorrow’s Monday oppa.” Hayoung pointed out.

 

“Argh!” I groaned and dragged my feet into my room. I didn’t even bother to change out of my suit and lay back on my bed, staring up at the dark ceiling, wondering about how tomorrow would be like and the friends that I could make.

 

“Oppa… oppa…” Hayoung’s voice came through from the opposite side of the door.

 

“Argh…” I grumbled and stretched and rubbed my eyes as they adjusted to the morning sunlight.

 

“What do you want?” I mumbled as I flung open the door.

 

“Oppa! It’s 7.45 already! And you’re still in yesterday’s attire!” Hayoung screamed into my ear.

 

“Bwoh!” I shouted and hurriedly went to wash up and get dressed for school.

 

I was stumbling into the car when Hayoung shocked me, “Oppa you need to collect your timetable from the college’s general office.”

 

“Bwoh! You’re not coming with me?”

 

“Oppa I’m not old enough to enter into college yet. I’m still attending high school.” Hayoung explained.

 

“Ah…” I nodded understandingly.

 

“Okay then oppa! See you at the company later!” Hayoung yelled and waved before stepping out of the car. Wow… that was some pretty fast ride to her school. Next stop, the America Korean School! To be honest, when I alighted from the car, it was a glamorous scene. At first, I thought I was in Hollywood but I was snapped back to reality when someone bumped into me.

 

“Ouch! Which idiot was-“ the person said.

 

He surprised me by saying, “Omo! It’s you! Here.” I then looked up and saw Sungyeol hyung whom offered his hand to help me up. I took his hand, pulled myself off the ground and dusted my pants.

 

I then questioned, “Where are you going in such a hurry?”

 

“I’m going to be late for my class. What about you? What are you doing here?”

 

“I study here.” I replied and all of a sudden, our eyes flew wide open.

 

“So you’re working and studying part-time?”

 

“Yes, Namjoo as well.”

 

“Ah…” I nodded understandingly.

 

“Okay see you later then. I’m running late now.” And he dashed off for his first lesson.

 

“Hi, I’m here to collect my timetable.” I spoke to the receptionist as I entered the general office.

 

“Name?”

 

“Lee Sungjong.”

 

“Here you go.” And she handed me a piece of paper.

 

I muttered to myself, “Hmm… my teacher will be Kim Sunggyu. Who the hell is that? And where is the practice room?”

 

A/N: Saengil Chukhahaeyo Myungsoo-ssi! :D Can't get enough of Myungjong, click here! :P