1

The 인피니트 Series - 내꺼하자 [hiatus]

Sungjong’s P.O.V.

I boarded the plane and sat in my seat. I looked out from my window and saw two familiar figures waving at me. Tears streamed down my cheeks as the plane slowly took off and left the airport. “Mianhae…” I whispered to myself and turned around. I was taken aback when two inquisitive faces greeted me.

 

“I told you to stop staring at others.” The girl whispered.

 

“Aish… but he’s crying a lot. Maybe we could be of some help.” The boy whispered back.

 

I sat there dazed whilst listening to their small argument. At this moment, I couldn’t take it anymore and broke down. “Omo!” the girl cried and gave me some tissues to wipe my tears away. All heads in the cabin turned towards me.

 

“Yah! Stop crying. You’re making it look like as if we bullied you.” The boy pointed out.

 

“Mianhae… erm…” I apologized but stopped short of his name.

 

“My name’s Lee Sungyeol. You can just call me Sungyeol for short. And this is my girlfriend, Namjoo.” Sungyeol hyung explained.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo! Nice to meet you!” Namjoo said whilst sticking her hand out for me to shake. I nodded silently and shook her hand.

 

“So what’s your name? And what’s the source of your worries?” Sungyeol hyung asked. I replied with my name and told them about my troubles.

 

“Ah… two-way romance I see. So you must be the couple that is featured on today’s newspaper.” Sungyeol hyung indicatedarrow-10x10.png. I just remained silent and nodded my head.

 

“It’s alright you know. Fight for what you believe in.” Sungyeol hyung prompted.

 

“Well… it was somewhat similar to ours when Sungyeol oppa fought hard for me.” Namjoo added.

 

“But in the end, she still chose me.” Sungyeol hyung said with a smile on his face. Namjoo leaned forward and gave him a peck on his lips.

 

“It’s alright you know. Just follow what your heart tells you.” Namjoo explained.

 

“You should take a rest now after all that bawling and wailing.” Sungyeol hyung said and patted my back. I nodded in response and leaned back onto the headrest and closed my eyes.

 

I was then awoken by a voice coming through the intercom of the aircraft, “Ladies and gentlemen, you’ve reached Washington D.C., capitalarrow-10x10.png of USA. Thank you for flying with American Airlines. We wish a safe journey and hope to see you again.”

 

“Kaja. Annyeong Sungjong-ah.” Sungyeol hyung said and grabbed Namjoo’s hand.

 

“Wait… here.” Namjoo hesitated and rummaged through a handbagarrow-10x10.png only to reveal a small business card.

 

“Here you go. You may need this.” She said and handed the card to me. I was still confused about what was happening.

 

“Haha what’s with the confused expression? This is our work place, Last restaurant. You can pop over and have a meal if you still need someone to talk to. Annyeong.” Namjoo waved her hand and they left the airport.

 

Hmm… such nice people are hard to meet nowadays, I thought and kept the card in my pocket. My phone suddenly vibrated in my pocket so I fished it out and answered. “Yeoboseyo?”

 

“Sungjong-ah, this is your eomma. Have you collected your luggage yet?”

 

“Neh. I miss you eomma.”

 

“Ah… your appa and I missed you too. We’re on the way now to pick you up from the airport so just wait for us okay?”

 

“Neh.” I responded before putting down the call. As I was waiting for my parents to arrive, I thought that maybe I should check out the schools over here. I could attend school in the morning and help my parents out with their company later in the afternoon. Ever since the ₩100,000,000 debt has been cleared, my parents rebuilt the company from scratch, and now it’s in the midst of expanding into a global business.

 

I went up to the information counter and asked in English, “Excuse me… erm… any schools?” and drew circles around a map that was plastered on the wall.

 

“Ah… are you a Korean?” the lady behind the counter questioned. I just remained silent and nodded my head.

 

She then continued to type on her computer before looking up, “Well… there’s a couple of schools nearby. I’ll provide you with the best possible choice okay?” Once again, I remained silent and nodded my head.

 

“There’s a suitable one for you around the vicinity. It’s called the America Korean School. Here you go.” And she handed me a brochure.