2

The 인피니트 Series - 내꺼하자 [hiatus]

Sungjong’s P.O.V.

“Sungjong-ah where did you go?” my eomma called out from behind, huffing and puffing.

 

“Ah eomma, I was just standing here, admiring the nice scenery.” I responded and took in a breath of refreshing, cool air.

 

“Your eomma is getting old already. Can you stop making her run around the house searching for you?” my appa said whilst joining us.

 

“It’s not my fault that both of you wanted such a big house. Besides, it’s just the three of us.” I pointed out.

 

“Haha it’s not just the three of us. There are also other servants in the household. Kaja, get dressed up well in a suit for dinner. Your appa wants to introduce you to some company directors coming over for dinner tonight.” Eomma said.

 

I sighed and returned to my room. There it was, hanging from the clothes hanger, a nicely ironed suit for dinner. I hate wearing these weird things; they don’t look nice on me, especially when I have such a small waist. I decided to take a bath first before changing into my suit. I was in the midst of drying myself up when I heard a knock on my room door so I wrapped a towel around my waist and opened the door. Behind it was a cute, pretty girl, “Omo! I saw nothing oppa!” and she hurriedly used her hands to cover her eyes.

 

“Haha give me a few minutes.” I laughed out loud and closed the door behind me.

 

I opened the door and saw the same girl standing outside with her hands over her eyes. I went up to her and removed her hands, “It’s alright now. Who are you by the way?”

 

“Ah… looks like Mr and Mrs Lee haven’t briefed you yet. I’m Hayoung and I’m your personal assistant except during school hours of course. Nice to meet you.” She said and stuck her hand out for me to shake.

 

“Ah… annyeonghaseyo Sungjong-imnida. Talking about school, can you enroll me into this?” I shook her hand and handed her the brochure.

 

“Sure. Planning to study and work part-time?” I nodded in response to her question.

 

“Same here. Oppa which course do you want to enter?”

 

I looked at her curiously and said, “Course?”

 

“Oppa you haven’t flipped through this brochure have you?” she asked and held it close to my face. There were different courses, ranging from mathematics to sciences, literature to electronics.

 

Then, one course caught my eye, “I want this.” I pointed at the brochure, referring to the applied music course.

 

“Oppa do you know how to sing and dance?” Hayoung raised an eyebrow.

 

“Of course! I used to be very famous in my school but things started to go astray…” and my voice trailed off.

 

“It’s alright oppa! So are you ready to meet the directors?”

 

“Neh.” I answered firmly.

 

“Okay here you go.” And she handed me a file with information and particulars of the company and its directors.

 

She then added something, which almost made me faint; “You’re expected to memorize all of these within five minutes as we make our way down to the dining hall.”

 

“Bwoh!” I exclaimed loudly.

 

“I know this is difficult but it’s expected of you whom will be succeeding this company.”

 

“Bwoh! I didn’t say that I’d succeed this company.”

 

“But you’re the only child.” Hayoung pointed out.

 

I made a sulking face and flipped opened the file. I was so immersed into the details that I almost bumped into the wall if it wasn’t for Hayoung who stopped me. “Okay we’re here. See you later.” She concluded.

 

“You’re not coming in with me?” I asked. She shook her head and knocked on a big, wooden oak door. A servant on the other side opened the door for me and led me to my seat.

 

I was taken aback when one company director questioned my mother, “Mrs. Lee I thought you told us that you had a son, not a daughter.” And the whole table gave me weird stares.

 

“Haha that’s my son. Can’t you see that he’s wearing a suit? He’s handsome right?” my eomma laughed. The directors nodded and went back to their conversations and dinner. Throughout the course of the meal, I was constantly bombarded with questions about my knowledge of the company and my opinions on specific issues. I couldn’t take it anymore and rushed through my dinner, not even mentioning that I skipped dessert, and excused myself from the table.