25

The 인피니트 Series - 내꺼하자 [hiatus]

It was an endearing, unpleasant silence. Sungjong, Howon, Woohyun and Myungsoo sat around a table at the company’s cafeteria. Sunggyu and Hayoung were still at odds with each other. The remaining two went to meet their boss first and informed them to wrap up their conversation as soon as possible. “Erm… I have absolutely no idea where to begin…” Sungjong mumbled as he nervously picked up his cup of coffee to take a quick sip before putting it down in a hurry as he had scald his tongue.

 

“Well eventually you need to talk things out. So you can start with me first.” Myungsoo offered and shrugged his shoulders, earning a glare from Woohyun who sat on his left.

 

“Ok this is Kim Myungsoo-ssi. He used to be the president of the student council of the school I went to in Korea.” Sungjong introduced the said dashing person to his boyfriend.

 

“Used to.” Woohyun emphasized, only to receive a glare in return from Myungsoo who sat on his right.

 

Sungjong then gestured to the next charming person sitting across him, “This is Nam Woohyun-ssi. He’s the treasurer at that time. And my neighbour when I was living in Korea as well.”

 

“Oh wow two big shots. I’m guessing that you’re one as well?” Howon remarked to Sungjong’s introductions.

 

“Neh. I’m the secretary.” Sungjong giggled as he received a peck on the cheek from his dancer boyfriend. The two idols seated opposite the couple scrunched their face and narrowed their eyes as if shooting lasers at Howon’s sudden approach.

 

Howon noticed the jealous look on their faces and went on to rub more salt onto their wounds, “How did two people from the student council end up as idols? Or should I say gangsters?” Myungsoo clenched his fist and was about to get up to hit Howon in the face but Woohyun grabbed his wrist and pulled him back in his seat. Woohyun glanced worriedly at Sungjong and that was how Myungsoo softened his stance.

 

Myungsoo settled down and snapped back, “So how did you know our Sungjong?”

 

“I’m Howon by the way. And I’m born in ’91. So I think that makes me your hyung.” Howon smirked.

 

“Just answer his question.” Woohyun resisted the urge to beat the living daylights out of the person sitting across Myungsoo.

 

“Well I admit that I was cold back then. And Sungjong was the one who melted the ice in my heart.” Howon smiled as he reminisced on their past, placing his hand on top of his partner’s. “I was still chasing him when we met at the hotel. Unfortunately.”

 

Woohyun retorted back as he suppressed his feelings of anger and hate, “What do you mean by unfortunately?”

 

Howon opened his mouth to answer but Sungjong beat him to it, “It was a mistake. My mistake.” Sungjong took a breath in and released it slowly, “At that time, I was running away from you two hyungs but I didn’t know Howon hyung was chasing after me as well. Well not literally I mean. No wait…” The petite boy pondered for a while, “Y-You get what I mean.” Sungjong anxiously took another mouthful of his piping hot coffee.

 

“Why were you running away from us then?” Woohyun pressed further on the topic, clearly not satisfied with the answer or the way their relationship turned out to be.

 

Howon then interjected, “Because it’s your face he’s afraid of.” And laughed it off as his boyfriend slapped his knee. This time round, Woohyun tightened his fist and was about to get up to hit Howon in the face but Myungsoo restrained him and held him back in his seat. Myungsoo glimpsed worriedly at Sungjong and that was how Woohyun weakened his stance.

 

Sungjong justified his stand, “Aniya. I-I simply wanted a n-new life. That’s all.” And tucked his head in to his chest to hide his face, not allowing anyone to stare into his eyes.

 

“Heard that. He doesn’t want the both of you to be butting into his life anymore. Our lives.” Howon sneered and emphasized on the last part before wrapping an arm around the small shoulders of his boyfriend, being the overly protective boyfriend he already is.

 

Myungsoo begged, “Sungjong-ah I apologise for our sudden intrusion. But can you give us one more chance at least?”

 

“I-I’m sorry hyung. I-I came here to settle down and start a new l-life. I-I hope you will r-respect my wishes.” Sungjong turned down the request and grabbed his steaming hot cup of coffee before standing up to leave, with Howon following closely behind him.

 

“Sungjong-ah!” Woohyun called out. The said boy stopped in his tracks but resisted turning around to face him. “I hope that you do remember the good times we had in Korea.”

 

“L-Let’s go hyung.” Sungjong whispered to his dancer boyfriend who was standing closely behind him. The torn apart boy walked away briskly as he felt hot tears welling up at the corners of his eyes.

 

A/N: Twitter | Instagram leave behind a comment for follow.