12

The 인피니트 Series - 내꺼하자 [hiatus]

Sungjong stormed into the practice room, mumbling angrily to himself, “That Howon hyung… that Howon hyung…”

 

“Yah! Why are you always so late?” Sunggyu whined, “And what are you muttering to yourself? It’s something related to Howon right?”

 

“That reminds me of something. What did you say to Howon hyung last night? He left me in the cold, dark place alone!” Sungjong turned the tables and questioned his hyung instead.

 

“I-I just asked about his family!” Sunggyu admitted then he realized, “Yah! Why are you questioning me now? When you have not answered my question?”

 

“That’s it! Because he’s sensitive to the topic on his family that’s why he ran away! Hyung how can you not be careful!” Sungjong asserted.

 

“Yah! How am I supposed to know he’s sensitive to that topic? Besides, you share part of the blame as well,” Sunggyu pushed the trouble back to Sungjong as he crossed his arms and huffed at the same time.

 

“Mwo? Hyung,” the cute boy followed his elder’s actions, and crossed his arms and huffed at the same time.

 

Knowing that his hyung was the type that was “always” right and wouldn’t back down from an argument easily, Sungjong offered, “Hyung how about both of us go forward and apologize to him?”

 

After much contemplation, Sunggyu agreed, “Hmm… not a bad idea.”

 

Sunggyu’s P.O.V.

“Hyung you go first,” Sungjong suggested as we reached the top of the flight of stairs that were leading to Howon’s rooftop apartment. I made a sound of annoyance as Sungjong dragged me to the front. I raised my left fist, ready to rap on the door when the door flung open with great force.

 

“Howon, I…” I mumbled with my voice slowly fading out. Just as I expected, without much hesitation, he slammed the door in front of us, clearly not wanting to see us.

 

But Sungjong stuck out his foot to jam the door and the force dealt a huge blow to his foot. “Argh!” Sungjong screamed in pain as he bent down to nurse his ailing foot.

 

“Oh no! I’m so sorry Sungjong,” Howon cursed and apologized as he bent down to survey his injury.

 

“Ani! Ani! I’m fine!” Sungjong told him despite his bleeding foot.

 

Aish! I thought to myself, this stubborn boy, his foot is bleeding yet he’s still covering it up. I cleared my throat and pointed to Howon, “Y-Yah! Can’t you see that his foot is bleeding?”

 

Sungjong bumped my side and whispered loudly, “Hyung!”

 

I decided to ignore him and take advantage of the situation, “Yah! What’re you going to do if he can’t dance anymore?”

 

Howon opened his mouth to reply but was quite soft-spoken, “I… let’s get him in. I have a first aid kit.” And he wrapped one arm around Sungjong’s waist and helped him into the house.

 

Sungjong settled into a sofa as Howon shuffled through the cupboard for a first aid kit. My eyes wandered around the house till it caught sight of an old photo frame. I signaled to Sungjong but all he did was just glared at me and turned away.

 

“Sorry to trouble you hyung…” Sungjong apologized to Howon as he came back with the first aid kit.

 

“Aniyo. It’s my fault,” Howon expressed regret as he set to work.

 

I cleared my throat once more, “Erm… it’s my fault actually for blabbering without even knowing what’s going on.”

 

“Yea hyung. You can tell us when you feel more comfortable and ready,” Sungjong added in to soothe his soul.

 

“It’s alright. Let’s just settle this confusion once and for all,” Howon responded and began telling them the story.

 

Sungjong teared at the end and leaned forward to embrace him in a hug. I sat there awkwardly watching them embrace each other when Sungjong glared at me once more. I gulped down my saliva and spread my arms around both of them in a weird pose as we sat there cuddling each other. It was not until a familiar ringtone interrupted our peace. I fished my phone out from my pocket and answered the call, “Yeoboseyo?”

 

“Is this Kim Sunggyu-ssi?”

 

“Yes… what’s this regarding?” I inquired.

 

“Congratulations! You’ve passed the auditions for your application into Skyelite Entertainment. We would like you to come down and sign your contract as soon as possible.”

 

“Ah jinjja? Okay I’ll come down tomorrow to check it out!” Sunggyu replied with an astonishing tone.

 

A/N: Heya! It's been a long time ain't it! Hope nothing's gone rusty after this long break! Keep calm & listen to Last Romeo! 8D