11

The 인피니트 Series - 내꺼하자 [hiatus]

내꺼 하자 내가 널 사랑해 어? 내가 널 걱정해 어?

내가 널 끝까지 책임질게

 

“Okay let’s rest for a moment.” Howon huffed as he plopped onto the floor. Sungjong walked to a nearby table and got their water bottles.

 

“Hyung catch!” Sungjong warned beforehand and threw one at Howon, whom caught it with ease.

 

“Gomawo.” Howon thanked in return and took a sip.

 

“Ah…” Sungjong sighed as he sat down to join his hyung.

 

“Wae? What’s that sigh for?” Howon questioned.

 

“Aniyo, I’m just heaving a sigh of relief that I can finally relax after so long.” Sungjong explained.

 

“Ah I see… then let’s go somewhere.” Howon stood up and offered his hand to pull Sungjong up.

 

“Hyung I’m very tired. Can I rest a while more?” the maknae whined and complained, putting on a puppy face.

 

“Aish! This kid… Arrasseo!” Howon replied in an irritated tone. Sungjong giggled at his little act before lying down on his back, staring up at the ceiling.

 

Howon followed suit, “Ah… this feels so comfortable.”

 

“See… I told you hyung.” Sungjong responded. To which, Howon hummed in response and soon, a long silence took over.

 

Sungjong couldn’t the eerie silence and asked, “Hyung do you miss your family?”

 

Howon was taken aback at first; no one had ever asked him that question before. He just took it upon himself that he caused the death of his family, promising never to look back at the past and moving forward to pursue his dream. Sungjong nudged him to reply and the older drew a long breath of air before answering back, “Yea I did…”

 

Sungjong nodded understandingly and closed his eyes, picturing a happy family before a loud tune interrupted his thoughts. Howon waved his phone and apologized, “Hehe sorry give me a minute.” And he stepped outside to pick up the call.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

“Howon-ah, this is Sunggyu. I heard something happened to your family. Is everything alright?”

 

Upon hearing this, Howon slowly lowered his phone from his ear and let his hand drop by his side. How did he even know about this?

 

“Hello? Howon-ah? Hello?” Sunggyu’s voice echoed through the phone but he got back no reply as Howon let his phone slip out of his hand and clang loudly as it hit the cold, wet floor. Howon quickly went back into the room and grabbed his bag, taking one last glance at the sleeping figure on the floor. How could he say these things without my permission? With that, Howon left the place.

 

Sungjong’s P.O.V.

I yawned and stretched my arms out as my eyes flickered and adjusted to the bright, glaring lights in the old dance studio. A sudden realization hit me when I lifted my arm to see the time on my watch, it read 11pm. “Oh crap!” I muttered under my breath as I hurriedly packed my bags to leave.

 

“Howon hyung!” I called out to him but all I got back was just echoes of my voice.

 

“Omo!” I spotted his hand phone lying face flat on the ground.

 

“Where on earth did he disappear to?” I stuffed his phone into my bag as I flicked the lights off switch and ran back home. Ignoring the greetings that I received from the servants as I walked through the door, I threw my bag onto the floor and plopped onto my bed. I may be tired earlier, but my curiosity made me check Howon hyung’s phone. I swiped my thumb over his screen when something caught my eye, his recently exchanged calls.

 

End of Sungjong’s P.O.V.

Sunggyu’s P.O.V.

 “Hello? Howon-ah? Hello?” I repeated myself, as I got back no reply.

 

“Yah! What’s with him?” I cried as I ended the call and redialed the same number.

 

“Aish! Jinjja!” I ruffled my hair as my phone call engaged his voicemail box.

 

“Let’s try this,” I said to myself and dialed a familiar number.

 

“Come on Lee Sungjong, you better pick up your phone. Please tell me that you’re not sleeping,” I grumbled.

 

“Aish! Where did they disappear to?” I screamed and slammed my hand on the table.

 

“Come on hyung… give them a break. They’re old enough now, to settle their own lives. Let’s have dinner,” Sungyeol comforted me as he emerged from the kitchen, carrying some dishes.