28

The Choice

 

 

Hyemi stepped out of her building and found a silver Range Rover parked in front of the entrance. She bit her lip.

“Dont worry, oppa doesnt really like SUVs.” A voice chuckled behind her, she spun and found Junhee smiling at her.

“Junhee-ya.” Hyemi blinked at her, Junhee was dressed in a pair of hot shorts and a loose sweater.

“I came to give you a ride to school. Oppa was worried you’d get attacked or something.” She nodded as she gestured for them to walk toward the car.

Hyemi’s brows furrowed as she followed.

“He never meant any harm.” Junhee nodded and opened the door.

Hyemi nodded silently and slipped in the seat.

 

Himchan was lying peacefully in bed when the doors to his room suddenly burst open and next thing he knew that his blanket was gone.

“Ya, Kim Himchan!” A feminine voice disturbed his thoughts, he groaned and sat up.

“Hee, go away! Just pick her up, I wont go to school-” He grumbled.

“What!? You’re skipping class?!”

Himchan looked up, his older sister was looking at him with narrowed eyes.

“Good morning, Himchan.” Her husband, Ho Nichkhun was standing behind her.

“Hyung, why can’t you control your wife?” He whined as his sister dragged him off the bed.

“Even sending our Junhee to pick up your girl? What kind of man are you?” Kim Minjung, the eldest Kim said as she pushed her brother to the bathroom.

“Take a bath, clean up, I’ll bring you to school.”

 

“We’re here.” Junhee smiled as she killed the engine of the car and opened the door.

Junhee looked up and saw Sehun getting off his Ducati, Sehun saw her and gave her a quick nod. Junhee smiled back.

“Thanks for driving me here, Hee.” Hyemi said as they walked together.

“Shin Hyemi, right?” A young woman dressed in a white Dolce and Gabana pantsuit was standing in front of them.

Hyemi’s eyes widened, Junhee smiled.

“Unnie.” She walked to her and gave the older lady a hug.

“Jahyung’s here too.” She chuckled and gave him a quick hug.

“Ya, aren’t you going to introduce us?” Khun nudged her, Minjung nodded at her younger cousin.

“Hyemi, this is Minjung unnie and her husband Khun oppa. This is Shin Hyemi.” Junhee rubbed her palms together.

“Nice to meet you.” Hyemi said as she took Minjung’s offered her hand.

“Nice to meet you too, I’m Himchan’s sister.” Minjung smiled as she shook her hand.

“Yes?!” Hyemi looked confused.

“What’s this, meet the family?” Kai said as he approached them.

“Noona!” Himchan came walking to them with a frown on his handsome face. Hyemi looked away.

“Oppa, can you join me for breakfast?” Junhee turned to the playboy.

Kai nodded and walked with her. Minjung smiled at the two in front her.

“Hyemi why don’t join us for breakfast too, Himchan has not yet eaten, right honey?” Khun offered as he placed one arm around his wife. Himchan winced.

“I already ate, it’s fine-”

“How could you reject us? I really wanted to meet you.” Minjung chided playfully. Hyemi sighed inwardly.

“Just come with us.” Minjung nodded.

 

Students gasped as they saw Kim Minjung.

“She’s here! Minjung sunbae, charisma queen!”

“She’s still a beauty!”

“Her husband is so handsome!”

Hyemi looked around her as they walked to the cafeteria. Indeed, Kim Minjung was beautiful, just like her sibling and cousin, she possessed a certain air of elegance and poise that not everyone has.

She was walking behind the couple with Himchan beside her.

“Uhm...did you get home safely?” He asked lowly. Hyemi nodded.

“Yes, I did.”

Himchan’s brows furrowed.

“Sunbae, about yesterday-” She got cut off whne she felt Himchan’s hand wrap around her wrist and pulled her aside from the crowd.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++