18

The Choice

 

 

Chunji looked up as Kai entered with Hyemi. Daehyun looked at Himchan.

“Still no sign of Junhee?” Kai asked.

“I tried calling her, nothing.” Daehyun shrugged.

Himchan looked at Hyemi, then he went back to concentrating on his plate.

Chunji’s eyes lit up.

“Ah right, Hyemi right?”

Hyemi nodded, then she was served another set of food.

“How’s your bruise?”

“It’s okay, sunbae.” Hyemi nodded, she felt a little uncomfortable being alone around the F4.

“If anyone bothers you, just tell us.” Chunji smiled at her.

“...Arasso, sunbae.”

Himchan put down his table napkin.

“He means it, just tell us.” Himchan said to her.

Kai and Daehyun nodded.

“Mwoya, you’re going to be all gangster-like? Fighting again.” Junhee walked in the room clad in a pair of jazz pants and a fit shirt.

“Where were you?” Himchan asked her as she sat down.

“Out.”

Himchan sighed.

“Nice of you to join us, unnie.”

“Unnie? But aren’t you older than me?” Hyemi looked at her.

“You’re talking to a nerd. Junhee accelerated a year during middle school.” Kai said.

“I am not a nerd.” Junhee replied and glared at the older male.

 

“I heard, Shin Hyemi.” Yejin grinned as they stepped out from their class.

“What?”

“You have F4’s backing now, no one would ever touch you.” Yejin said as she poked her side.

“It’s not like that.” Hyemi looked away.

“Himchan sunbae must really like you, he’s helped you so many times.” Yejin chuckled, some students turned to eye her.

“Ya! Dont say useless things.” Hyemi pulled her away. Yejin just smiled.

“Please, we’ve been in the same school together, this is the first time he has helped somebody.”

Hyemi didnt say anything.

“Oh, isnt that Junhee?” Yejin said.

Hyemi saw Junhee step out from one of the rooms, she was still wearing her jazz pants that sat on her waist but she traded her shirt for a crop top that showed her tone belly.

“She’s part of the dance troupe?” Hyemi voiced.

“I didnt know that.”

Then they saw a male follow her and casually slung one arm around her neck, they saw Junhee chuckle as she brought the bottle of water near his face.

“Is that her boyfriend?” Yejin blinked curiously, Hyemi was about to reply that she didnt know when she saw Chunji standing by one of the pillars. He was holding onto a bottle of juice, the moment he saw Junhee walk out with the unknown man, he frowned and stepped away.

“Chunji sunbae.” Hyemi whispered to herself as she watched Junhee and her friend walk to the school’s garden.

 

“Progress?” Lay looked up from his drink.

Him and Junhee were at the school’s front garden, they had just come out from dance practice.

“Hyemi unnie is now under the protection of F4.”

“Himchan likes her?” Lay asked.

Junhee nodded.

“It’s going to be an exciting semester, then.”

“You got that right, unicorn.”

Then they saw three sports cars drive out of the school, one of the cars, Kai’s honked at them as he passed. Junhee smiled and waved at him.

“Party later, come!” Kai hollered before speeding away.

Junhee grinned, then Daehyun passed by and honked at them too.

“That must be Chunji oppa’s.” Junhee noted as she saw the white Ferrari. Her older cousin doesnt  own a white Ferrari.

“Most likely.”

The automobile just careened away from the lot.

“He must be in a bad mood.” Junhee nodded.

 

 

Hyemi was walking to the school’s gates, when she heard a low him beside her.

“Hey, commoner, would you like a ride home?”

She blinked.

“Who are you?”

“I heard you had ties with the F4 now, ride with me.” The young man smiled at her, Hyemi looked at his car then at him. She had no idea who the guys was.

“It’s okay. I can walk.”

“Hey, we’re schoolmates, you’re embarassing me by refusing me-”

He was cut off when three consecutive honks came from behind the car behind him.

“Aish, what the hell-” He froze as he saw and recongized the yellow Murcielago behind him. He started his car and sped off. Hyemi watched as he sped away.

Then the other car stopped beside her, the window rolled down.

 

“Get in.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++