26

The Choice

 

A few minutes later, a yellow Murcielago careened out of the school’s grounds in ful speed.

At the same time, Junhee had just gotten off Chunji’s car. Her brows furrowed as her eyes followed her cousin speeding out.

“I guess they had a fight.” She murmured, Chunji nodded.

“Thanks for driving me back, oppa. I ate well.” She grinned.

“You really ate well, be careful at practce.” Chunji replied, then he walked to her.

“Remind me to take you out once, Hee.”

“Wae?” Junhee asked while getting her gym bag from the car.

“You helped me once, I should-”

“No need to pay me back, oppa. Just stay out of trouble.” She grinned as she gripped his hand once and started to walk towards the school’s dance hall.

“It isn’t paying back.” Chunji whispered to himself before turning away.

 

Hyemi scoffed as she sat on the couch inside their living room. She was already back home.

She could not believe what she saw earlier.

Then her phone started ringing.

“Junhee, I’m not reall in the mood-”

“Listen, I know they can be really unreasonable, but earlier, those girls did it voluntarily. Himchan oppa didnt ask them to do it. My cousin can be a big bully, but there is no way he would do that to women.”

“Whatever he might have said, he was just protecting you, nothing more, nothing less.”

Hyemi sighed, then she put the phone down.

Then she recalled how Himchan helped her with grocery shopping, how he was amazed by some of the products and saying that it was his first time to do the shopping himself. She smiled a little.

Maybe he was protecting her, but in his own different way.

“But he was so rude before.” Hyemi trailed off, remembering how he was before.

But then again, people change.

“Whatever he might have said, he was just protecting you, nothing more, nothing less.”

Junhee’s words rang in her head.

Protecting her? But why would he do that?

Hyemi shook her head and decided to shower.

There was one thing she came conclusion to though, Kim Himchan wasn’t a bad person, he just couldn’t express well.

 

Junhee walked in the studio, and stopped as she noticed one tall guy dancing. A fast and upbeat music surrounded the room and his moves were exact and fluid. She stopped and watched him, he didn’t seem to see her on the mirrors, or he didnt care. He just continued his routine.

Junhee found herself amazed, the guy was good.

“He’s something huh?” She felt someone nudge her.

“Who is he? The nex student?”

The music stopped, Lay nodded.

“Oh, Lay.” The guy nodded to them and walked over.

“Sehun-ah, this is Kim Junhee. Junhee this is Oh Sehun, new student and member of the troupe.”

“Nice to meet you.” Junhee said as she shook his hand.

“Same here.” Sehun nodded.

“Ah, and you two have the same majors, Business Management. Why dont you show him around, Hee?”

Junhee blinked.

“You know the ways around your building, I’m an Economics major, I know nothing about your division.” Lay nodded at her.

“But what about practice?” Sehun looked up as he wiped his forehead with a towel.

“We can start tomorrow.”

“Ya! You made me come back here and you cancel?!” Junhee hissed, Sehun looked at her in surprise.

“Huh, just like the oppa.” Lay shook his head and pinched her cheek.

“I mean I can show Sehun around but you should have told me.”

 

Himchan drove back to school with a bottle of scotch. He settled on one of the vast gardens with a glass on one hand and the bottle on the other.

He was frustrated. Beyond frustrated.

He couldn’t understand why he was so mad at Hyemi earlier.

All he could think was that he was just protecting a friend. But why was he always so nervous around her?

He sighed and took a swing from his drink.

“What am I doing?” He murmured.

Then he heard some people talking. He looked up and saw his cousin walking with a tall young man, the two were chatting casually.

He shrugged and continued to drink.

 

“Ya, the Kims’ butle called. Himchan’s gone missing.” Kai said, they were at the Jungs’ home, lounging in Daehyhun’s room.

“What about Hee? Did you call her?” Daehyun asked.

“I can’t reach her.” Chunji replied.

“And he thinks he brought a bottle of alcohol with him.” Kai bit his lip. Daehyun groaned.

“We have to find him, this can’t get out to the public.” Chunji stood up and walked out.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++