22

The Choice

 

 

 

 

 

Junhee stretched as she stepped out from the house, she was dressed in a pair of hot shorts and a loose top as she made her way to her car.

“Isnt that too short? Wont Hiimchan kill you for wearing something like that?” A voice said from behind her.

“Jahyung!(Brother-in-law!)”

The older male smiled back at her.

“Now go in and change into something with more length.”

 

Himchan pulled over in front of the apartment, he slipped down from the car and opened the rear.

“Sunbae, you dont have to do this.” Hyemi said as she rushed down, Himchan had already grabbed the bags.

“It’s fine, what floor do you live in?”

Hyemi sighed.

“Fifth.” She replied as she followed him to the entrance.

 

Himchan stepped in the apartment and placed the bags down.

“Well, this is our home. It’s not that big, but it’s cozy.” Hyemi smiled.

“That was tiring, would you give me a glass of water?” Himchan smirked, Hyemi pretended to roll her eyes but she headed for the refrigerator. Himchan looked around him, he saw the Shins’ family portrait and some framed photographs on the wall.

“Here.” Hyemi appeared with a tall glass of water.

“So you’re alone? Your parents aren’t here?”

“They left a few days ago, I think they’ll be gone for about a month.”

“A month?”

Hyemi nodded.

“But it’s not safe for a girl to be alone.”

“This building’s guarded. It’s fine.”

Himchan’s brows furrowed, he was about to speak when his phone rang.

“Dae?”

“Where?.....Arasso, I’ll be there.” He sighed as he placed his phone down. He put the glass down.

“I need to go, lock the doors.” He said Hyemi as she turned for the door.

“I will, thank you for helping me today.”

Himchan just gave her a smile before leaving.

 

Chunji’s left lip was bleeding as he leaned on the wall.

“You, you dont know who you’re facing, kid.” The man spat, behind him, his goons cackled.

“You call that a face?” Chunji hissed back, the man narrowed his eyes and punched his gut again, Chunji winced.

He wanted to fight back, but he was cornered and some of them were carrying baseball bats.

Chunji took a deep breath.

“Yoojin’s mine. How dare you-”

“Chunji didnt seduce your Yoojin, ahjussi.” A voice said from behind him.

“He didnt need to.” Kai shrugged.

Himchan, Kai and Daehyun were all looking at them.

“Ya, you idiot, are you okay?” Kai called, Chunji managed a weak smile.

Himchan’s eyes narrowed as he saw his friends state.

“Look at you, a man like you beating up someone so....” Himchan trailed off and looked at the place.

“Were you planning to drown him?” His eyes landed on the huge container that was filled with water.

“Serves him right.” The man spat back as he dragged Chunji with him.

That was when hell broke loose.

Before the man’s goons could attack them, Kai grabbed the three who were standing by their boss and immediately knocked them unconcious. Himchan was the one who faced the man who dragged Chunji.

“Let him go, you’re going to get hurt.”

The man smirked.

“Hey, rich kid, dont act too cocky. You dont have your guards with you.”

Daehyun looked up then he came from behind him and kicked his lower back, the man winced and let go of Chunji.

“Which rich kid?” A voice joined them.

 

“Ya, Kim Junhee! Get the hell out of here!” Kai hollered.

Junhee’s eyes landed on the Chunji. She held out a white plastic box.

“I came for first aid.” She shrugged as she walked to the older male who was sitting on the floor.

“Oppa, are you okay?” She asked worriedly. Chunji nodded.

“You’re supposed to say no.” She chided as she opened the box and took out the antiseptic.

She pressed the cotton on his lip and pushed his hair out from his face.

“I always end up doing this.” She muttered.

“How...did you..know we’re here?” Chunji asked.

“I just GPS-ed you guys when I couldnt reach Himchan oppa.” She shrugged and threw the cotton and grabbed the ointment, Chunji sat up and faced her.

“What?”

Chunji smiled and gently took her hands in his.

“Thanks, Hee.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++