20

The Choice

 

 

Junhee stepped in the place clad in a body con Herve Leger dress and her Givenchy heels. She looked around the place, the party was at full swing. Drinks were being served endlessly, she saw some familar faces from Daehan.

Heads turned as she walked in, some men eyed her as she looked around.

“Are you new here?” A stocky lad approached her.

Before Junhee could reply, she felt an arm snake around her waist. The man visibly looked frightened then he scurried away.

“Good going oppa.” Junhee chuckled as Chunji pulled her to a set of stairs. He just smiled and helped her up. He was a little uncomfortable on how Junhee would just let him hold her. Being the playboy that he was, he was used to placing his arms around girls but with Junhee it was different.

“Here.” Chunji said as he dropped his arm around her and opened the door.

 

“Oppa, where did you go?”

Junhee blinked and turned her gaze at the girl wearing a lacy dress that almost showed her bra.

She was still standing by the door, with Chunji behind her.

“Oh, you arrived.”  Himchan said. Junhee rolled her eyes at him, Daehyun ushered her over and made her sit with him.

“Sit with me, you might get cassanova germs on you.” Daehyun nodded. Junhee laughed.

“Seriously, oppa. Chunji oppa was the one who helped me downstairs.”

“You got into trouble?” Himchan’s overprotective gaze was locked at her.

“It’s nothing oppa, Chunji oppa arrived.”

“Oooh.” Kai grinned, then the girl beside her started offering hims drinks. Junhee winced a little.

“Are you in pain?” Daehyun asked.

Chunji looked up.

“I’m hungry.” Junhee smiled sheepishly.

“I can order some food for you-”

“She doesnt like bar food.” Chunji cut Kai.

Himchan looked down and hid his smile.

“I’ll just step out for a while, I’m sure there’s something to eat outside.” Junhee nodded as she stood up. Daehyun was about to react, but Chunji stood up.

“I’ll come with you.”

“Oppa, I’m not a kid anymore. I can-”

“Look at the way you’re dressed, you want to step out alone like that?” Chunji said.

Himchan blinked.

“..Arasso.” Junhee pufffed her cheeks out and walked to the door with Chunji behind her.

“Next time you invite Lay, Kai.” Daehyun spoke.

“Why?”

“Chunji needs to be jealous more for him to step up. And besides, it’s fun to watch him being pissed.”

Himchan chuckled and slapped his friend shoulder.

“Of course, our Daehyun is a genius.” Kai nodded.

“Oppa, who is she? Why is Ji oppa going with her?”

“She’s someone special to him.” Kai nodded.

 

“You want to eat that?” Chunji asked. Junhee nodded as she walked to the stall.

They were just a few streets away from the club, Junhee had noticed the food stall and decided to try.

“I’ll have one serving of ddukbokki- oh oppa, would you want one?” She turned to him, Chunji nodded.

“Make it two, ahjumma.”

Chunji noticed a few men would turn and stare at Junhee as they passed by. He sighed as he took off his coat.

“Hee? Come here.”

Junhee turned to him, then he placed the coat around her.

“Thanks, oppa.” She smiled before getting her order from the lady.

“How are you finding school?” Chunji asked as they sat down.

“It’s fun.”

“School, fun?” Chunji grinned at her as he stabbed one of the rice cakes with his chopsticks and brought it to his mouth.

“It is.” Junhee chuckled and looked at him, her brows rose briefly.

“Oppa.”

“Hm?” Chunji looked at her, then his eyes widened as Junhee’s thumb brushed off some of the sauce under his lip.

“You still eat like a kid, oppa.” She chuckled as she wiped her thumb on a napkin and continued to eat. Chunji felt his heart race a little, then looked away.

Junhee was always affectionate with them, he shouldnt react that way.

“Let’s eat up and go back.” Junhee said.

Chunji nodded and smiled at her.

But deep inside him, he’d rather be with her outside in the cold than join the party.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++