Sprained wrist

The Time Traveller

 

By now the sun has risen directly overhead and it was glaring to look up. The heat was catching up too in the dense and humid forest. The gang decided to pack up and head back.

 

Jonghyun and Key were already off the tree, checking their catch in the hole they dug.

 

Minho grabbed the dead bunny by its ears and packed up his rope and cage.

 

Taemin was already at the roots of the tree, looking at the terrified Onew.

 

“Onew hyung! Just jump, I’ll catch you!” Taemin called up, amused by his hyung’s distress.

 

“No…no!” Onew grabbed on tightly to that branch that supported him.

 

“Hyung, if you’re not going to come down, we’ll leave without you!” Minho baited, “Then the werewolves will come get you!”

 

It didn’t work.

 

“Onew hyung, if you’re not coming down, the demons will come get Taebaby in his sleep tonight and if you’re not there to protect him, you won’t see him ever again!” Key was annoyed, he had to make use of Taemin.

 

‘You won’t see him ever again!’ resonated in Onew’s ears so loudly.

 

Without a moment’s hesitation, Onew came crashing down from that branch, too far off for Taemin to catch him.

 

“Ah!” Onew groaned in pain.

 

He had sprained his wrist.

 

“Omo, omo! Onew hyung!” The four rushed towards the injured man, faces filled with concern.

 

“Ah please no! It ing hurts!” Onew cried out, he was so miserably in pain as Jonghyun tried to examine him.

 

Jonghyun has gotten his fair share of sprains and strains from his trainee workout days and was quite familiar with basic first aid by now. But first he has to check the seriousness of the sprain.

 

Onew has really advanced in his stage of his Onew Condition.

 

“Hyung, stop wriggling I can’t check if you keep writhing in pain.” Jonghyun almost sat on Onew out of all that frustration with his hyung fidgeting at every move he makes.

 

“But it really hurts!” Onew choked, though he resisted his tears.

 

There was no way he would let Taemin see him cry like a baby. Taemin was still relying on his hyung to protect him.

 

“Jonghyun hyung, I have someone who could help ease the pain, we should bring him back home first.” Taemin pleaded, feeling bitter at the sight of his hyung suffering.

 

Jonghyun nodded and signalled for Minho to piggyback Onew, which he complied immediately. The four, close as hell, would never feel easy to see anyone of them hurt.

 

Minho, carrying the pained Onew, led the way back. Jonghyun and Key followed closely behind, intertwining their fingers together the whole walk home, their free hands holding onto the dead deer and bunny.

 

Taemin distanced himself a little, holding the wounded bunny that Onew and he caught in his arms. Quiet sobs could be heard and his tears slowly streaming down his face like pearls falling from a broken bracelet. He would quickly wipe them away with the sleeve of his silk, which isn’t of much use.

 

He felt bad, he shouldn’t have brought the gang along on this hunt. He could’ve come by himself, like he always did. He would just bring the catch home and prepared dinner, which would be much safer. He wouldn’t have to see Onew hurt like that. And yes, he wouldn’t have to make that stupid move that would probably make Onew hate him. Kissing should only be between official couple, like both his own and new parents, not between them. To Onew, he probably was just a sweet dongsaeng. Onew never admitted anything.

 

As the woods cleared and moving closer to the penthouse, Taemin wiped off all visible signs and stains of him crying with the back of his hand. He didn’t need to bring more worry to his new friends.

 

Minho quickly brought Onew hyung up to Taemin’s room and settled him down comfortably on the bed. Onew have since quietened down a lot as his body worked on soothing the pain he felt earlier.  

 

Jonghyun and Key searched for utensils, oil and wood to cook their lunch. Their hunger pains could be felt by now.

 

“Umma, Appa, all the necessary items for cooking would be outside the penthouse. It would be a campfire.” Taemin pointed out realising their intentions, “I will tend to Onew hyung.”

 

Minho came down the stairs, gesturing for them that Onew hyung has fallen asleep and to please quiet down.

 

Taemin nodded, whispered that he will get his fairy friends to heal Onew in a jiffy, and that he could help the two men cook outside.

 

The maknae made him way up to his bedroom slowly, wondering how he would get the healing spirits to come to his house, and how he would make them agree to help Onew. His loving arms cuddled the bunny still in his care.

 

“Rainicorn! Yes, Rainicorn would bring me to Po!” Taemin thought instantly.

 

He left the wounded bunny next to the snoozing Onew. The bunny’s heart beat was steady though it was wounded on the left hind leg. Taemin could’ve have easily ended its pain by spearing it, but he didn’t want to. This white bunny was special. It was caught by Onew and him. He wanted to keep it and present it to Onew when he’s healed.

 

Taemin smiled at the thought.

 

The youngest ran down the steps and zoomed out the door to the hill where he was sleeping on last night, managing to escape the trio’s watchful eye.

 

“Rainicorn!” Taemin shouted to wherever she is, he knew she would be able to hear him anywhere, “Lady, would you bring me to Po?”

 

Galloping could be heard behind the boy as Rainicorn galloped forward to the boy.

 

“Annyeong Taemin, what happened? Are you hurt?” Lady asked with concern lacing her voice.

 

“Ani, I’m fine. But Onew hyung’s hurt! We need to heal him quick!” Taemin recounted as he caught his breath, “He was really in pain just now and I felt my heart shatter.”

 

“Sure, come hop on!” Rainicorn offered readily, worried for Onew too.

 

Rainicorn bolted to Po’s little hut to the east of the land. 

 


I was about to update the chapter and at the same time go on Tumblr to look for Ontae pictures, which the #Ontae tag has been tracked(!). AND BAM, I almost couldn't come back.

 

Anyway your comments always keeps me going I appreciate it all so much! Thanks for reading!