Chapter 35

The Time Traveller

 

 

At dawn, the rooster crowed, waking the whole of Nornia to the start of a brand new day.

 

Key was the first to awake, he went to the bathroom to wash up and changed into his stylish clothes as he did every morning in reality. He kissed his lover awake, reminding him of their schedule today. Then he woke Minho, then finally Onew and Taemin. The two lovers were cuddled in each other’s embrace, faced filled with lethargy.

 

“Key, you’re up early.” Adam said as he walked into the house, hands full of spears.

 

Eve followed behind, her hands carrying dead pigeons for breakfast.

 

Key’s eyes gave him away. He was curious as to how Adam could speak again.

 

The five boys and two adults sat around the morning campfire, waiting for their meat to roast. The trio felt as if they had missed a whole series of events that happened overnight, they were eager to know what happened. So the other four let them in, getting ‘Ooo’s and ‘Ahhh’s from their audience.

 

“So, Ahjussi, I really came here because I wanted to know so badly,” Onew gulped, “Why didn’t grandpa come back for the both of you?”

 

Onew felt like he was threading on egg shells.

 

“Onew, I really don’t know.” Adam sighed, Eve patted his back, “Though I admit we were careless to have walked off.”

 

“Probably because Prof Lee couldn’t obtain the materials needed to create Vibranium again.” Eve sighed, “Resources was limited in our time. He probably couldn’t re-create the time machine.”

 

Adam and Eve accepted their fate, they were partly to blame too.

 

Onew nodded in regret. But at least he had a reason to account for grandpa’s inability to bring them back to reality.

 

“I’m so sorry.” Onew wept a little.

 

The seven hugged together as if they have moulded into one family. The morning sun would soften his glare at such a sight.

 

They continued to feast their last meal together, talking and laughing. Taemin sat close to his parents, enjoying the last of their time together. He was still very excited at starting a new life with Onew hyung.

 

‘Beep beep beep!” The time machine sounded its high-pitched alarm.

 

“Omo! The time machine. Quick grab your stuff!” Minho was first to realise, his eyes wide with excitement.

 

The four dropped their food and ran up to Taemin’s room, frantically grabbing their individual backpacks. Taemin had nothing to pack, because he has nothing he could use in the opposite universe.

 

The four came crashing down the steps, landing with a loud thud. Jonghyun was pretty sure they’d left a rip in the wooden flooring.

 

“Annyeonghigyeseyo, thank you for taking care of us so well during our stay here.” The four boys bowed respectfully with sincerity.

 

Adam felt ashamed and a pinch in his heart. He was sorry for treating them like that, yet still receiving kindness. He really had so much to learn from these young boys.

 

“Umma, Appa, please take care of yourselves! I’ll be eat and listen well. Be safe!” Taemin gave a last hug to his parents, tears forming.

 

He’d never imagine he’ll leave his parents so soon. But Taemin felt better whenever he is reminded that he’ll be well taken care of and loved by Onew.

 

“I love you, Umma, Appa!” Taemin gave a final wave with his tokki in his other hand.

 

The five ran all the way to the time to the ringing time machine, it was steaming and vibrating by now.

 

“Hurry, hurry!” Key called out to the rest.

 

“Go!” Onew commanded as he pressed the red shining button.

 

Then the spinning started…then the blackout.

 

“Urgh! So squeezy!” Minho woke up first, trying to wiggle himself into comfort.

 

“Omo we’re back!” Minho suddenly remembered and slid the door open.

 

There, so familiar, he was in Jonghyun’s house and more specifically, in Jonghyun’s closet.

 

“Wake up!” Minho yelled in everyone’s ears.

 

The four slowly stretched and yawned, coming to their senses.

 

“We’re home! Yeobo, we’re home!” Key squeaked in hysteria.

 

Taemin opened his eyes slowly, trying to take in what he was seeing. Everything was so different from home. The doors are made of harder wood with colours so bright, unless the dull ones he has. The wooden chairs were smaller, but there was a couch of squish. Taemin ran to it and pointed, wanting to know what that was.

 

“It’s a couch, silly.” Onew laughed, “Go on, sit on it.”

 

 Taemin carefully let his settle on the couch but sprung up when he felt no support. But then he saw Onew sit fully on it, patting the empty space to urge Taemin to sit beside him.

 

“Onew hyung! It’s so comfortable!” Taemin was bouncing, “I can sleep on it forever!”

 

The four men laughed at Taemin’s adorable reaction to a simple couch.

 

“Yeah Taemin? Wait till you sleep on Onew hyung’s bed!” Jonghyun winked suggestively at the pair, hinting at Onew.

 

Onew quickly put his finger on his lips, gesturing for Jonghyun to shut up.

 

“Really Onew hyung? More comfortable than this?” Taemin’s eyes lit up, “Can we sleep in it together tonight?”

 

Onew groaned at Taemin’s innocence. He just doesn’t know his effects on his hyung, does he?

 

“Of course, Onew hyung will do anything for you, as long as it pleasures you Tae-ah!” Jonghyun added, purposefully teasing Onew.

 

Onew rolled his eyes. But Taemin was too innocent to realise Jonghyun’s motives, he just grinned silly at the innocent thought of sleeping with Onew hyung on a bed more comfortable than this couch!

 

Key kicked his lover’s , instantly having him shut.

 

“Tae-ah, have fun tonight at Onew hyung’s house!” Key giggled, whispering into Taemin’s ears.

 

“Jinjia, stop spouting nonsense.” Onew directed at the two, “Come, Taemin let’s go home.”

 

Onew held Taemin by his hand, dragging him out of Jonghyun’s hostel with a bunny in his other free hand. They all headed back to Onew’s.


I sorta updated chapter 34 wrongly and didn't realise it! Please read through 34 else the story sounds really weird!:) [01MAY2013]