She's magical!

The Time Traveller

 

“She’s beautiful, special and not to mention magical.” Taemin bragged proudly, trying to get something out of Onew.

 

Was it jealousy that Taemin wanted Onew to feel? But Taemin didn’t know what jealousy was. Being the only child, the only human, there wasn’t any competition he faced, so why did Taemin have to explain Rainicorn like that?

 

Taemin thought for a moment he saw some sadness in the brown crystals of Onew. But it was wiped away quickly.

 

“Yea? Why don’t you show her to me? I want to meet her too!” Onew’s eyes glistened in the sunlight, honestly wanting to know who has captured Taeminnie’s little young heart.

 

“There! My favourite unicorn!” Taemin saw the excitement in Onew and was infected too. He forgot he wanted to shoot tiny arrows at Onew’s heart, boastfully pointed to his darling unicorn that stood gracefully by the tree. 

 

“Wow…” Onew trailed off, staring at the elegant unicorn that stood high and mighty, “She’s beautiful.”

 

That unicorn was really compatible with Taemin. Like owner like steed, so handsome, so enticing and so divine. I know, weird to describe Taemin like that right? But Onew wasn’t too good with words, he’s a science student.

 

“Annyeong.” Lady Rainicorn trotted over, formally appearing and introducing herself to Onew.

 

“You…talk?” Onew gasped.

 

Yeah! Pabo! You’re in an alternate universe now! What a stupid question, Taeminnie is going to be upset with you again!

 

“I...I mean, sorry, I was just sur-surprised.” Onew stuttered out shortly after.

 

“Hyung really? Are you that mesmerized with Lady that you can’t even speak properly?” Taemin mocked, not upset at all.

 

Glad to know that his hyung so readily accepted Rainicorn for who she was. Well Onew didn’t know that Rainicorn was an outcast or that she was different.

 

“Not as mesmerized as I was with you.” Onew mumbled under his breath.

 

“I can hear you, you know Onew?” Rainicorn .

 

Onew widened his eyes at Rainicorn, he was pretty sure he said it loud enough for himself only to hear.

 

Oh right, she’s magical.

 

“Hear what? What did you say? What did you hear?” Taemin asked Onew and Lady at the same time, eyes twitched with happiness and curiosity.

 

“I didn’t say anything!” Onew glanced at Lady Rainicorn hoping she would not blurt anything out.

 

Rainicorn flashed a horse smile, signalling that she understood.

 

Onew was grateful. Taemin was confused.

 

“Minnie shall we go back and get the rest? I’m hungry.” Onew grabbed Taemin’s hand subconsciously, intertwining their fingers so naturally.

 

Groaning as he pulled Taemin down the gentle slope towards the house to wake the rest of them.

 

Lady Rainicorn would have grinned to herself to death if she was human, the sight she saw of the two was so sweet. Knowing Taemin is in good hands, she disappeared into the dense greenery, back to her hideout in the woods.

 

Taemin couldn’t stop staring at Onew’s broad palms holding onto his petite hand, so tenderly as if his hyung was afraid of bruising the younger if he’d hold him any tighter. But it was also firm enough to not let Taemin slip away. Taemin felt himself floating with every step he took, his hand hidden in Onew’s. His face blushed so bad he can no longer hide it behind just a flush. His heart beating too fast and his stomach tied itself in knots. Taemin held on tightly to Onew hyung, smiling sweetly.

 

Onew realised he’d been holding on to Taemin’s hands, and he’s holding him back! Onew grinned at himself, this time in gratitude that he had let his ‘Onew Condition’ take over. Taemin’s hand is so warm, fingers so soft and delicate. He needs to be gentle with him, but still feels an overpowering sense to protect this boy. It’s weird because Taemin has been here longer than him and if anything he has to rely on Taemin to protect him instead.

 

Onew likes holding Taemin in his own, he really didn’t want to let him go, ever. And for now, he doesn’t want to care if Taemin liked it or not. He slowed down his pace, walking only slowly back to the penthouse.

 

“Hyung, why are we slowing down? Aren’t you hungry?” Taemin questioned, though he had been secretly wishing for this to happen.

 

Taemin cherished his alone time with Onew hyung, and the whole morning has been great since he opened his eyes.

 

Onew pretended he didn’t hear, avoiding Taemin’s question.

 

They walked the rest of the way home enjoying each other’s company, listening to the wind rustle through the leaves, birds singing their songs, two pairs of bare feet dusting sand off the ground.