Seonsaengnim Griffin

The Time Traveller

 

Since the five was in the middle of the Kingdom, atop their branches they would see peculiar creatures going about their daily lives. But only Onew would know their names because Taemin was with him.

 

“There, that’s Troll Norse, they are nature spirits. They usually live under stone bridges. They are always grumpy and grouchy so you should never cross its path.”

 

“That one’s a Dactyl named Po, they are healing spirits. They are kind and would treat you for free, just don’t hurt anyone of them, else you’re as good as dead.”

 

“That one’s Obake Don, they are shapeshifters. I told you about Jake, but his default is a dog. You can recognise Don by his default, a yellow dragon with a green belly. They are nice creatures too.”

 

“Seonsaengnim Griffin!” Taemin waved enthusiastically to a lion-eagle hybrid flying by, almost falling off his branch, “Nice to see you today!”

 

The Griffin flew swiftly towards Onew and stopped in front of him, just flapping his wings rhythmically to keep him steady.

 

Onew gasped in horror.

 

“Taemin-ah, great day to hunt yes?” The Griffin spoke exquisitely.

 

“Ne, ssam!” Taemin nodded respectfully, “This is my new friend, Onew.”

 

“Annyeong Onew-ah.” Griffin greeted lightly, still flapping, the wind blew up Onew’s hair.

 

“Annyeonghamnida!” Onew snapped out of his trance and replied formally.

 

Taemin called him teacher right?

 

“Ssam, Onew is a human too!” Taemin beamed excitedly at the Griffin.

 

“Where did he come from then, my sweet Taemin?” He asked.

 

“It’s a long story Ssam, I’ll tell you some other day!” Taemin smiled and ended the conversation on a light note.

 

Taemin simply adores this Griffin and vice versa. Griffin used to fly Taemin around the Kingdom, teaching all about the creatures he knew. Because he also had powers and could fly, Griffin could easily bring Taemin around to wherever he wants to go and still keep him safe. Until when Taemin met Rainicorn and Griffin too started his own family, they haven’t seen each other very much anymore.

 

“Hyung! Hyung!” Taemin waved and snapped his fingers in Onew’s face.

 

“Taemin, please don’t give me a heart attack anymore,” Onew pleaded, voice trembling, “I thought he was going to come assassinate me!”

 

“Onew hyung, Griffin would never do that! Especially at the mention of me!” Taemin boasted at his personal connection with the great lion-eagle.

 

“And by the way, hyung, seeing you so scared,” Taemin sneered, “Let me just assure you that we’re sort of on the safe side of the Kingdom. The beings here are mostly harmless if you do not taunt them first!”

 

Onew only picked out ‘sort of’ and ‘mostly’. He trembled at the thought of the devil creatures lurking on the unsafe side.

 

“Taemin-ah, whatever it is, stay close to me, arasso? I have knives to keep us both safe.” Onew said flatly to Taemin, truly like a hyung to his dongsaeng.

 

“Yes yes.” Taemin patronized him, but elated to know that Onew cares so much for him.

 

Thud.

 

Both boys hushed and saw that the ground trap was no longer covered with leafs. They exchanged glances and looked to find Jonghyun and Key.

 

Jonghyun was flexing his muscles to Key while Key did a victory sign to the two opposite them. They have successfully trapped something.

 

With reflex, Taemin threw his spearhead with force accurately into the hole, wounding whatever it was inside. It seems Taemin has practised a lot, because it was bullseye.

 

Whimpering could be heard from the deep hole. Taemin gave Key a thumbs-up. Key couldn’t help but feel prideful of his talented adopted son.

 

Just then on Taemin’s left they heard Minho let out victory cries. Minho had managed to trap a passing bunny.

 

Knowingly, Taemin shot a tiny stone forcefully towards the cage. No one could believe what they just saw, Taemin managed to shoot the stone so beautifully and accurately through a c and wound the animal, earning a sorry whine.

 

“Wow, Minnie I’m impressed!” Onew clapped for Taemin, getting a smirk from that arrogant boy.

 

“Hyung now we have to do our part for lunch!” Taemin nudged Onew to concentrate.

 

Luck was definitely on their side today, within half an hour, Onew and Taemin caught their share of lunch, a bunny too. Probably just active hours for the animal.

 

“Onew try it!” Taemin handed his hyung a little stone he picked from the ground earlier on.

 

Onew took it, aimed for about a minute or so, and gave a shot.

 

Snap. The stick cage creaked a little.

 

Force: 10, Accuracy: 0.

 

“Ani, aim hyung, aim.” Taemin’s chest came closer, lying on Onew’s back for stable support.

 

The maknae took Onew’s hand with another stone in it, face extremely close to his. Taemin has his face all scrunched up, still handsomely, took an aim and without hesitation fired his pebble. Bullseye yet again. His smile pulled across his face.

 

Satisfied, he turned to face his hyung to see if he’d learnt anything. But they were so close; Taemin felt his lips brush against the cheek of Onew’s face. He pulled back quickly. The feeling is back again, for the nth time today. The tingling of his senses, the throbbing of his heart, the heating up of his body and this time, a stinging sensation on his lips.

 

“Mian-mianhae.” Taemin apologised for his actions quickly and looked away from Onew.

 

The same feelings were going through Onew too. He could consciously now feel Taemin sitting behind, so close to him. Onew wondered if the baby could feel his spine shiver. Onew pulled his hand up and gently traced over where Taemin’s lips has just glazed his cheek. It was an enchanting feeling.

 

Did Taemin not like it? Was he embarrassed? Because he wanted to, or because he didn’t want to?

 

“It’s okay, Minnie. Shall we get down and head back now?” Onew did not know to feel or react to Taemin’s apology.

 

He didn’t need the apology. He wanted it to happen.

 


So...I was too impatient and I really wanted to update moar chapters. So this is their second contact!

And I hope it's a yay to all the new characters, they will appear later too. I was just thinking if I should end this story with a . But I feel so wrong for writing that, it's like I'm disappointing my Oppas:( Like Onew and Taemin are real men you know. (But I can't stop reading them -.-)

 

Maybe y'all can give me some ideas. 

 

Thanks for reading!