The hunt

The Time Traveller

 

So that’s what Onew felt? Taemin had the same feelings too! He wasn’t too sure. Is this love, as Umma and Appa described?

 

Is Taemin in love with Onew hyung?

 

Taemin loves his real Umma too, but he never had all the weird sensation around his mother. Why is it different with Onew hyung?

 

“Tae-ah! Are you ready?” Minho called out from the living room, impatient.

 

He really wanted to start this new hunting game.

 

“Ye-yea! I’m coming down!” And there comes Taemin, plopping down every step he took like the little child he was.

 

Key saw Taemin blush a little, his ears were red. What was he doing up there?

 

So the five headed out, Taemin led the way North of the penthouse, through the dense forest where Jonghyun and Key had gone through yesterday. But Taemin led them in deeper, until they saw a clearing, where there was no tall trees growing in the vicinity, allowing sunlight to reach the ground supporting the sparse growth.

 

“Here, we’ll set up our traps here. Then we’ll have to wait. There’s no guarantee by the way, and I can’t say how long the wait will be.” Taemin said flatly and busied himself.

 

“There, Umma, Appa, please dig a deep hole and cover it with banana leaves. We’ll use that for larger animals such as deers.” Taemin instructed, like a pro.

 

With that, Taemin untangled a long rope. He tied one end around the sturdy wooden cage and climbed onto a tree like second nature, resembling a monkey boy. He lowered the cage, preparing to drop it whenever a prey stops under it.

 

“These are for smaller ones like rabbits.” Taemin his lips as he said atop a tree branch.

 

“Onew hyung, there’s only one more, I’ll take it and go on a tree myself,” Minho said and winked, “And you can go share that tree with Taemin.”

 

Onew punched Minho gleefully, appreciating Minho’s actions.

 

Minho easily got up and sat there, doing the same with his rope and cage.

 

“Minnie, would you help me up?” Onew asked after several unsuccessful attempts of climbing up.

 

Taemin giggled a little and reached out his hand for Onew hyung, but his limited arm was too short to reach Onew. But really, even if he did there was no way he could get that weight up.

 

Then they saw teamwork between the lovers. Key grabbed onto a tree trunk and Jonghyun was pushing from the bottom. Pushing at his . To which Taemin decided they should do the same.

 

Taemin jumped off the tree, gallant like a knight dismounting his horse. Onew tried to imitate Key’s actions, but there was no way he could look as graceful as the diva.

 

“Onew-ah, pull yourself up oh god.” Taemin heaved and pushed with all his might to help Onew up the tree.

 

It was honestly only about a little higher than 2 metres off the ground. Taemin had his hands grabbing atrociously at Onew’s firm . He felt weird to touch his hyung’s behind. He most certainly wouldn’t like to have anyone touch him like that.

 

“I’m trying I’m trying!” Onew panted and continued to claw his way up, stepping on the bark for support, when some wood chipped off and fell in Taemin’s hair.

 

Finally! After all the panting and heaving and pushing, Onew was there sitting on a branch, his legs swinging on either sides, his hands grabbed the branch so hard for dear life. He was feeling dizzy.

 

“I swear it didn’t look so high from down there!” Onew cried out weakly, closing shut his eyes.

 

In a flash Taemin was up on the same branch, behind Onew, almost grinding him. He held Onew’s waist, assuring him that he’s in good hands.

 

“Onew hyung, I’m right here behind you, I will protect you. You won’t fall!” Taemin hugged Onew closer to him, “Just, just hold me.”

 

Onew felt two hands circling him from his sides and felt slightly safer. Wait, did Taemin say he will protect him?

 

“Ani ani, I’m not scared Taemin-ah.” Onew tried to compose himself and took in deep breaths.

 

“I’ll protect you.” Onew’s head turned behind to look at Taemin, who was smiling sheepishly, “Look at your hair, aish.”

 

“Onew hyung, it was your fault these woodchips are in my hair!” Taemin pouted adorably.

 

They both chuckled into each other, excited that they are so close together, and of course excited for the hunt too.

 

But both quietened down as soon as they heard Key shouting from the opposite to shut the up before they scare all the animals away. 

 


Key Umma's angry!

Hehe anyway an update before I head to my exam later! Root for me!

 

Thanks for reading!