What is it like to be in love?

The Time Traveller

The four sat around the table each on one side of the square, closing their heads together. Onew gulped down hard as he felt 3 pairs of eyes stare him down, as if stripping his barriers and secrets with eye power, Onew felt his blood warm up under his skin. He knew he could never hide anything from them. He knew he doesn’t have to anyway.

 

Except this time, he was too shy to share what he knew.

 

“About Taemin,” Onew started, “Yesterday I was still awake and I heard footsteps in the house.”

 

“Really? Do you have super-ears or what?” Minho asked, bewildered.

 

He obviously hadn’t heard anything because he was drowning all sounds with his own snoring.

 

The other two glared at him, shutting him up and glanced back at Onew signalling for him to continue.

 

“I thought it was a menacing creature coming to take Taemin away. He was downstairs, all alone sleeping. He would’ve been caught unaware!”

 

“I quickly ran down, stubbed my toe on this very foot of the table,” Onew pointed to the one on his left, “Then I saw the door left opened.”

 

“I stare out to see nothing at all, I thought the monster has caught Taemin away, away from me,” Onew was almost relieving the same experience, “I was so scared.”

 

Key Umma patted Onew’s back, telling him it’s alright, he brought Taemin back safe and sound.

 

 “Then it was like a miracle, I pleaded to the moon and She showed me the way to Taemin!” Onew spurted out, doubting what he’d just said too.

 

“The moonlight shone straight down the peak of a hill just to the right of the house. There I found a sleeping Taemin, all safe, warm and peaceful.”

 

“So you stayed there for the night, instead of bringing him back?” Jonghyun questioned Onew’s thoughts.

 

“And have him sleep on this rock hard wood?” Key answered for Onew with a snarl, slapping his lover’s biceps.

 

“Yes, so I stayed there with him on the soft green grass. The night view was amazing. And then I fell asleep.”

 

Onew explained how he felt nervous around the sleeping Taemin, how he pulled his dongsaeng into his arms, wanting with all his might to protect him forever. Though he did admit that at a place like this, Taemin would probably be the one rescuing Onew’s .

 

“I woke up with Taeminnie poking my damn bruised toe!” Onew recalled his pain this dawn, “Ungrateful child, if it wasn’t for me, he could’ve been eaten up by a werewolf!”

 

“Yea like how did you try to protect him when you fell asleep?” Minho snapped, rolling his eyes at Onew hyung’s try at being hero.

 

“Tch,” Onew rolled his eyes back at Minho playfully, “Then I may have sort of kind of wrestled him and challenged him to a tickling match.”

 

Onew told his boys how he was so sensitive to Taemin’s fingertips, his every touch. He could only cover up his blush with the flush from laughing. But he enjoyed the match, very much. He admitted how he was willing to be tickled to death if Taemin was the prosecutor, if that was even possible.

 

Onew blushed with every word that came out of his mouth.

 

Then Onew told of how he met Lady Rainicorn, and how she’s as sweet and lovely as Taemin.

 

“And not to forget she’s magical!” Onew added delightfully still in awe of Lady.

 

He remembered to add the little conversation Onew had with Rainicorn to support his point.

 

“Then I got hungry, and brought Taemin back, that’s all.” Onew ended sadly, “And then Jonghyun had to ruin the romantic mood!”

 

The four hushed to rethink what Onew has told them.

 

“Onew hyung, are you in love with Taebaby?!” The three spoke almost in unison, all gaze focused on their leader.

 

Onew eyes widened, if it were to open any wider his eyeballs would definitely pop out of its sockets.

 

“Am I? Am I in love with Taemin?” Onew ask repeatedly, not sure what this meant, “What is it like to be in love?”

 

Jonghyun and Key looked lovingly at each other, prepared to give Onew hyung some sound dating advice.

 

“Hyung, there are no words to describe the feeling.” Jonghyun started, eyes sparkled as he gaze at the love of his life.

 

“Your heart beats faster just thinking about that person.” Key continued.

 

“When you see them, your heart lurches for fear that you'll never see them again.”

 

“Your stomach ties itself in knots when you're apart and you long to see each other again.”

 

“You can't wait to hold that person again and again, if you could you'll hold his hand, day and night.”

 

“You'll kiss his lips and never want to stop.”

 

“You touch him and feel him and know every part of his body, and when you make love with him, you feel complete at last.” Jonghyun ended, recollecting all his past one year of loving memories made with Key.

 

They both blushed so bad, as if back to the first time when they confessed to each other, pouring out all sweet nothings in their partner’s ears.

 

“Well, I felt everything. I’m not too sure about the last two experiences though.” Onew said truthfully.

 

“Hyung, the last two comes naturally in the later part of the relationship,” Key told Onew tenderly, hands rubbing on the older’s arm, “You have to confirm the previous few conditions first. After all, you just met Taemin yesterday remember?”

 

Onew listened to his Umma-like friend and nodded. They always told the truth and he knew he could trust them all.

 

They all started to prepare themselves for the day, all ready to go hunting! Yes! They are deliriously hungry.

 

Little did the older four realise, Taemin was already done changing long ago and has been sitting at the top of the stairway listening to almost the full conversation. He really only had to brush his teeth and change into his routine clothes. 

 


Ah girls girls girls, heard what Jonghyun and Key said? That's how you know if you're in love ;) 

 

Anyway, I received my SHINee's Dream Girl Chapt 1 album I'm so happy! I got a Key photocard hehe. Onew and Taemin are my biggest bias in SHINee, but honestly, Jonghyun's and Key's photocards looks the BEST. Jonghyun is just so seductive and there's Key that's so cute! (By the way, did I mention that whatever expression Jonghyun makes with his current style now is an ic face to me?) 

Yes yes, you're a dream boy.

 

So...thanks for reading!