The confession

The Time Traveller

 

“Lady, it’s a beautiful night, isn’t it?” Taemin beamed, comparable to the stars in the night sky.

 

“Taemin, it’s the same view you see every night and you know it.” Rainicorn replied.

 

“No, tonight’s really beautiful. Yesterday’s was too.” Taemin refuted.

 

“Does everything you’re feeling now got to do with Onew?” Rainicorn asked bluntly.

 

Taemin blushed in silence.

 

“You like him, don’t you?” Rainicorn carried on.

 

Taemin only nodded.

 

“Well, you can tell me anything darling.” Rainicorn assured.

 

“Lady, I overheard Onew hyung and the rest talking today.” Taemin started, “Onew hyung told them that he feels nervous around me, he blushes whenever he looks at me, his heart races whenever he’s close to me. And he likes it when I tickle him, funny right?

 

Taemin was trying to recall everything with a straight face, but couldn’t help feeling his cheeks warm up as he spoke.

 

“Carry on.” Rainicorn encouraged.

 

“He said that he was worried for me last night, afraid that I was kidnapped by some evil monsters.”

 

Rainicorn was quite amused by that, but stopped immediately, urging Taemin to continue.

 

“He said the moon told him to find me, he found me here sleeping and he stayed here all night wanting to protect me.” Taemin took a deep breath as his heart pumped a little faster.

 

“Then Jonghyun and Key listed some pointers on how to know if you’re in love, I compared them with what I felt and it tallies! I really don’t know…” Taemin looked down at his fingers.

 

“I mean, I always say that I love Umma and Appa, but the love I felt for them was different to the one I felt for Onew hyung!”

 

“Then my best friend, what was the difference?” Rainicorn gently guided Taemin to the answer he has been looking for.

 

“I...I,” Taemin thought hard, “It was there since the first time I met him. He smiled so handsomely at me.”

 

“I don’t even know when it started; I began to want his eyes only on me, his attention to always be on me. I like it when he smiles at me, so warm so cute. I like how he’s always so clumsy, like he needs me to take care of him instead.”

 

Taemin was grinning senselessly as he tried hard to put his feels into words.

 

“I like it when he holds my hand, gently enough that I feel so dreamy yet firm enough that I don’t float away. I like how he can get me to listen to him so easily. I like how he gives me nicknames. I even like how he…touches me.”

 

Taemin ended, covering his face away from Rainicorn.

 

“And the bunny today?” Lady prompted.

 

“Ah that tokki. I didn’t want to cook it and eat it because Onew hyung and I caught it together! I wanted to present it to hyung but I was too shy, so I ended up keeping it.” Taemin explained cheerfully.

 

“Oh, I see why now Taebaby. You’re a very sneaky boy I must say!” Key teased Taemin, walking up to Taemin from behind.

 

“Key Umma…” Taemin was speechless, how much has he heard?

 

“I’ve been here since you left the house, if that’s what you’re wondering,” Key stated with a smirk, “I followed you here.”

 

“Key Umma, that’s not very nice.” Taemin pouted and pretended to be angry.

 

He turned away, his back facing the approaching Key.

 

“Aigoo Tae-ah, I was just worried about you. The whole day. You’ve been looking off since coming back from the hunting.” Key tried to salvage, sitting close to him.

 

“Thanks Umma.” Taemin fell into the embrace of Key’s open arms, “I just didn’t know what was happening to me and I needed answers.”

 

Key rubbed circles on Taemin’s back, comforting him.

 

“Taemin-ah, you didn’t need answers. You just wanted to confirm your answers.” Rainicorn pointed out.

 

“So what’s your answer my baby?” Key led Taemin on, ever so soft and gentle.

 

“I think I’m in love with Onew hyung.” Taemin answered with all his might, so truthful he felt he had just unlocked his chained heart.

 

It was like a caged bird set free.

 

Rainicorn knew her job here was done, seeing Taemin calm down into the frame of Key, she galloped away gallantly back into her space.

 

“Tae-ah,”

 

“Hmmm?” Taemin replied softly.

 

“I saw you kissing Onew hyung today.”

 

“No I didn’t!” Taemin defended and sprung away from Key.

 

How did he know?!

 

Key shot a look at Taemin and he knew he was defeated. He could never deny his mother. Key could see through everything, whether he was lying or not. Taemin wasn’t skilled in the art of deception anyway.

 

“Umma, it really wasn’t a kiss. It was an accident.” Taemin gave up.

 

“Did you like it?”

 

“I loved it.” The maknae giggled.

 

“Taebaby, you need to learn how to be more assertive of your own feelings. Don’t hide them anymore.” Key advised, as if telling from his own experience.

 

“Umma, how do I tell Onew hyung? What if he rejects me? Or worse, what if he hates me?” Taemin needed to know.

 

“Aish for goodness’ sake, Onew hyung adores you! He would be overjoyed to know you feel the same way.” Key reassured, “Besides, if he dares to reject you he will suffer my wrath.”

 

Key showed his fist to Taemin, to which both of them chuckled under the moonlight. More stars appeared and twinkled, laughing with them.

 

This time, Taemin really felt safe under the watchful eye and care of Key. It was different from Onew’s protection but Taemin was content.

 

“Brrrrr,” Key shivered, “Aren’t you cold? Let’s go back Tae-ah.”

 

Taemin nodded, feeling the cold winds once again after last night.

 

Both mother and son almost skipped the whole way back, nothing could dampen their spirits.

 

As they opened the door, Taemin saw a crouching Onew on a wooden chair, back facing them. He looked like he was in a very uncomfortable position. Taemin felt his heart melt a little.

 

Taemin took the tiger fur coat off the clothes rack and walked over to Onew, carefully and quietly. He saw the pen and the book in Onew’s lap and figured that he had been writing, not actually waiting for Taemin to come back.

 

Taemin felt a pinch in his heart, but shrugged it off. He put the coat gently over Onew to cover him from the cold.

 

Pabo. Why is he sleeping here and not in bed?

 

Is my bed not good enough you’d rather sleep on this wood block?

 

Yet Taemin couldn’t stay angry at his hyung for anything in the world. He slipped his fingers through Onew’s hair and untangled little knots, looking at his calm face.

 

“Omo why is this damn tokki back in hyung’s arms. You naughty bunny!” Taemin pretended to slap the rabbit’s backside.

 

He laughed at his ridicule.

 

“Good night hyung, sweet dreams. I love you.” Taemin wished Onew with a blush forming.

 

He walked back to Key, who has been staring lovingly at the adorable pair, and they both went up to bed.

 

Onew was a light sleeper and he heard the door open. He remained still and pretended to be soundly asleep, he really didn’t want to explain himself waiting there for Taemin. He heard Key and Taemin come in, he heard Taemin’s wishes. He also heard Taemin’s love for him.

 

Onew grinned so wide like he’d never before. He felt his body temperature rise, but still pulled the coat Taemin put on him so tightly around him imagining it as Taemin’s hug. 

 


Hehe tada! The confession, the long awaited confession! But it wasn't to Onew:( 

Well, at least now we all know how Taemin really feels! To think it'll be the younger one to admit it first. Now it's really just how to get it to Onew hyung. But of course, you expected more hurdles right? 

 

Hope y'all liked this chapter! I really loved it, with that kind of dreamy background, no wonder Taemin finds it so beautiful. Thanks for reading!