Onew?

The Time Traveller

 

As the clouds cleared the Moon peeked out from behind the scattering grey cotton, the land of myths was once again lit up by the shinning moonlight, so calm and gentle.

 

In a certain rock cave, there lay Adam, who was stirred awake by the glowing moon outside and the little crickets calling out into the night. That rock cave was just big enough to contain one person and Adam found it safe and serene to coop inside for a little while.

 

He thought about what he saw this morning, what he heard, what he said and what he did. He regretted every single action. But he couldn’t deny the unrelenting hate in him towards his professor.

 

Adam recalled that fateful day, when Eve decided to explore the place, he indeed chose to follow her. At the back of his mind, he very well knew that the machine wouldn’t last for too long after staying there for almost 5 days. But that damned scoundrel chose to leave without them. They were so young, they were so scared in this new place.

 

Can you imagine what they felt each time they meet a new creature, how far and fast they would run?

 

Despite all these ordeals, Adam concedes that he would never trade for anything in the world for Eve and Taemin, they were too precious to him. He has never regretted a single second spent with them, though he would very much like to experience these in reality where they all could live normally and without fear.

 

But nothing in life comes easy, in real or in alternate. Come to think of it, if Adam hasn’t gone through this trial, how could he have tasted this bittersweet happiness?

 

He was a confused mess. He was starting to miss Eve and Taemin.

 

And Taemin, he cried so hard for that Onew boy today. Taemin has never cried harder than when he first fell off a tree and twisted his ankle. Since then Taemin has grown to be a hardy boy who doesn’t cry easily.

 

This Onew can come along and just manipulate his baby’s tears.

 

What was their relationship?

 

Before Adam could think further, he was interrupted by trotting and a gush of wind coming straight at him. He stared out into the empty space, his view only consisted of a parabola, the shape of the opening of the rock cave. Then three figures came into view: Rainicorn, Po and Griffin. Adam quickly scooted out to meet them, he knew they were Taemin’s friends and they meant no harm.

 

“Annyeonghamnida.” Adam bowed.

 

“Annyeong Adam-sshi.” The three replied.

 

Adam was quite baffled at why the three would come to him in the middle of a cold night like this.

 

“Adam, we came here to speak to you about Taemin,” Griffin proceeded calmly, inspecting Adam’s reactions.

 

“We are his close friends and we heard him cry so hard for the first time today. Our hearts are broken.” Rainicorn added on, her voice so tender yet shrouded with concern.

 

“Please let me heal Taemin, regardless of whatever the pain it is, I will do my best.” Po said.

 

Adam let out a deep, long sigh. So they didn’t exactly know what happened.

 

“Aniyo, Taemin isn’t hurt physically. He’s hurting here.” Adam put his palm over his left chest.

 

Adam sat the three mystical creatures down and explained to them what happened since the first day the two students came and how they ended up here, how Taemin came about, and finally the conflict today with Onew, which is why Taemin cried.

 

“Ah, Onew-shhi, I know him,” Griffin recalled, “I saw Taemin with him yesterday, both of them were so happy together. It’s been a while since I saw Taemin, but I’ve never seen a smile brighter than that when he was with Onew.”

 

“I healed Onew before too, he seems a harmless human. Taemin came to me frantically requesting for my urgent assistance. He was so worried he forgot I would do anything for him.” Po chipped in.

 

Rainicorn was quiet, she knew so much about Taemin and Onew she didn’t know how to begin.

 

Adam looked at them bewildered. The three legendary beasts spoke so well of Onew. Maybe, just maybe, Onew was different from his of a grandfather.

 

“I don’t know. I don’t want Taemin to be so close to a descendant of Professor Lee. I don’t want my family to be associated with him.” Adam said curtly.

 

“Adam, you can’t stop true love. Did you try to hear how Taemin called out his name? Did you try to see the tears that were flowing for him? Did you try to know Onew?” Rainicorn challenged, her heart ached for Taemin.

 

Adam was ashamed. He took away Onew from Taemin. He took away Taemin’s one shot at love. He took away the smiles from Taemin’s face, only replacing it with hate and sadness.

 

He was just as horrible as his professor. 

 

Adam chose not to reply to any of Rainicorn’s answer. He chose to believe what he did for Taemin was for his own good, so that Taemin doesn’t have to go through the same betrayal ever.

 

But he wasn’t a bad man, really. The good side of him was confronting his irrational being. Adam was in a dilemma, he was torn between his love for Taemin and his love for himself.

 

“Jus-just leave me alone.” Ada ended and went back to his cave, back facing the harsh world outside.

 

 Without another word, the three beasts left the Man to his own thoughts. They decided now that they should go look for the four men to offer help, anything they can do to help.

 

The lovely Moon, now looking like the Sun setting in the horizon, stared back at the devastated Onew. He continued to sit there, face in a blank, tears still trickling down his pale cheeks.

 

Onew wished the rain didn’t stop, for it could hide his tears behind those cold trenchant droplets. The trio’s heartache for Onew as a good a match as that felt by Rainicorn, Griffin and Po for Taemin. For one night in Nornia, the tears that fell today would be sufficient to satisfy Lucifer’s thirst for a year. 

 


Hmmm, not much not much. Just trying to change Adam's impression of Onew. Will it work? Even after hearing the three lengendary beasts?

 

Well, you can't not like Onew oppa right? Thanks for reading! 

(I'm running out of ideas to name my chapters. Should've named it chapter1/2/3/... in the first place.)