Extra

The Time Traveller

Dear Diary,

 

Today marks the first month since we’ve been living together – Taemin and I. Contrary to the expected hassle of living with someone who’d lived their entire life in an alternate universe, showing him something new each day was just as exciting for me as it is for him.

 

Take today for example.

 

This morning when I returned to the room to wake Tae up for breakfast, he was nowhere to be seen. I called out to him a few times, but there was no response. I checked the bathroom, the garden, and even the storeroom (he said I would never find him alive and breathing in there because it was dark and constricted). He was just not there, and I was beginning to freak out. Where could he have gone? Have he decided that he wants something more than me?

 

The sudden weight on me felt overwhelming as these devastating thought ran through my head. I plopped myself on our shared bed, wondering where I’d gone wrong. Instantaneously there came a yelp from under the comforter. I immediately jumped at the sudden voice, my hands naturally reached to flip the blanket up.

 

There he was; Taemin lying flat on his belly with a pillow over his head.

 

The anxiety washed away and relief just took over, “Taemin-ah! Why are you under the sheets? I thought you were gone, I was so scared, I thought you walked out on me. I thought…”

 

My words seemed to be wasted on him as he rubbed his eyes slowly, “H-hyung, I’m so sleeeeeeeeeeepy.”

 

“The morning sun was shining so brightly into my eyesssssss.”

 

I laughed out, feeling silly at what Taemin had just said and guilty over that I had so little faith in his love for me. He continued to dig into my chest as I hugged him, hiding away from the sunlight.

 

“Hey, hey baby. Since it’s Sunday today, shall we go shopping? We could get some curtains, so you won’t have to hide under the blankets next time.” And scare me half to death.

 

I don’t know how much he caught me as I could hear groans and mumbles in his light sleep. Chuckling, I swept him off bed to help wash him up in the toilet.

 

We finished breakfast and dressed up. Taemin was still kind of groggy, but it was absolutely adorable. His cheeks were puffy and it made me want to pinch them. His lips pouty, asking for kisses that I would indulge myself in all day. But we had to get that curtains somehow.

 

The afternoon sun was shining brighter and warmer, and that helped made Taemin a little more energetic. We walked down the streets, hand in hand, to the furniture mart nearby.

 

Having no plans for the day, we strolled through the cool mall at our own pace. I was just looking around, maybe thinking about some re-designing in our shared room to make it cosier now that there are two of us. And Taemin was just hopping around; sitting at every table, flopping down on every couch, and test-sleeping on every bed. He was almost like a child, which was true since he’d never seen so many of the same things in one place.

 

Taemin was going all over the place so much my head was getting dizzy. He especially enjoyed the ‘Mirrors’ Section, staring at his reflection go all different shapes and sizes. I laughed so much at his cute reactions, and Taemin just thought I was having fun with him. We finally made it to where all the curtains were displayed, and it was something familiar to Taemin, except that his were light and translucent. Now we were getting some that are heavier and opaque to solve our morning problems.

 

And that. Was. It.

 

The monkey in him made Taemin hide behind curtains after curtains that could cover him, then giggling as I approached and skipping to the next drape. We were lucky it was an off-peak hour and there weren’t much people and staff stalking around.

 

When I finally caught him wrapped up behind one of the thick velvet purple curtains, I could sense him blushing as I back-hugged him. He was still pretty bony as he leaned into the embrace.

 

“Onew hy-hyung, I-I like this one.” He said meekly.

 

“This one? Really?” I haven’t seen him browse through the entire collection down the aisle.

 

“Be-because you hugging me li-like this…feels n-nice.” He admitted, “Can we get t-this?”

 

It wasn’t often that Taemin would request things from me, so if there was anything he wanted at all, I would gladly get it for him. But a reason like this…it’s funny because it made me feel nice hugging Tae like this and it makes my heart go fuzzy.

 

“Baby, you know it’s not for hugging right? We’re going to hang it up, so the sun wouldn’t disturb your sleep in the morning.”

 

I promptly added, “We could, uh, hug better if there was nothing between us like this.”

 

Nothing?” Taemin asked innocently.

 

Damn. “Fine, we’ll get this.”

 

I pulled the selected curtain down from its display and we made payment for it. Taemin was happy on our walk home, his mind presumably erased of our conversation earlier.

 

As I am writing this, Taem is now coiled in his sleep –

 

I’m gonna go now, he just called me to bed. To hug him in his new velvet purple curtains. At least now I can see him in that striking sheet everywhere he goes in the house.