Here, your banana

The Time Traveller

 

Sometimes he would steal a glance at Taemin and Minho sat on the floor learning how to sway those sharpies. Taemin would teach Minho about the spear whilst the latter would teach the former about the knives. The feminine face would always have a look of eagerness and innocence, and Onew liked that very much. He was a student that thirsts for knowledge too, but he could see more in Taemin.

 

As Onew pen down his first encounter with Taemin, his face flushed a tad too red and he could feel his heart dance like it had to settle for the ribcage as its little stage. His ears turned red and his stomach had fluttering pixies. What was that feeling? Onew found himself staring a bit too intently at Taemin with his eyes curved as he smiled brightly. Regaining composure, Onew begged his mind to focus on the task at hand.

 

Then there was Taemin, who has been secretly admiring his hyung too. Onew’s red hair seemed to be complementing his perfect round slightly-blushing face. The shade of red he would see on his Umma’s face when she blushed for Appa. Was Onew feeling the same thing? For who? Of course Taemin didn’t understand, there was no one else for him to study and his parents never spoke to him about this. Taemin took a glimpse at Onew in between Minho’s lesson, only to see his eyes fixated and scribbling in a book, his face of absolute concentration made him look charming yet adorable.

 

The youngest never saw anything like that before, well being the only human and only had friends that were not like him. Taemin felt his heart leap whenever his gaze fall to meet Onew’s angelic face, he had to quickly switch back to tuning into Minho lest his heartbeat became too loud for the world to hear.

 

The maknae sense his face heat up and his palms sweating a bit. Why the biological reaction he couldn’t comprehend. He never felt this way when he first met Jake, Lumpy or even the delicious Bubblegum. He never felt this way when Rainicorn decides to be his for companionship. He never felt this way as he ran across the strawberry fields, as he felt the fresh air gush deep into his lungs. He only felt exhilarated but there was no shyness, no tickling in the insides of his stomach lining. He felt a different kind of warmth when Onew was just sitting under the shade of the great tree telling him his story.

 

He decided to concentrate on Minho before he loses control, there was just too much new feelings going on in him he couldn’t explain.

 

“We’re back!” Key shouted to them from below as they allowed themselves into Taemin’s penthouse once again, placing a basket on the grand table.

 

Jonghyun and Key had picked strawberries, blueberries, bananas, apples and some beautifully shiny black berries in the straw basket Taemin had handed them before they left.

 

“Yah! Come eat!” Key called out to them again and saw Minho and Onew scrambling down the wooden stairs from Taemin’s bedroom.

 

The both knew they would never want to get on Key’s wrath. Taemin found himself being pulled out of the room by Onew by the wrist, yet ever so gently despite the big hurry. If they were any faster, all three of them would roll down the stairway like the berries rolling in the basket.

 

“Key. Never ignore Key. Especially when his Umma’s senses kicks in. It’ll be a horrible way to die.” Onew whispered cheekily into Taemin’s right ear.

 

His slightly heavier breathing could be felt on Taemin’s neck. Warm. Taemin felt a shiver down his spine.

 

Minho hungrily grabbed the apples and bit into them with a loud crunch, sitting on one of the magnificently crafted wooden chairs. Best. Apple. Ever.

 

Jonghyun picked out all the strawberries, carrying as much as his palm could handle, sat down beside Minho and begin popping them in his mouth, “Heh, pre-training nutrition.”

 

“Blueberries!”

 

“Bananas!”

 

Onew and Taemin cried out excitedly at the same time, both reaching forward to grab their favourite food. Onew’s hand, being half-beat slower as usual, landed on Taemin’s delicate hands. In that very instance, they both could feel an electric pulse pulsating through from their fingertips all the way to their hearts. Both pulled back their hands almost immediately.

 

“Here, your banana.” Onew half-smiled, handing the banana to Taemin, trying to defuse the awkward situation.

 

“Th-thanks hyung!” Taemin smiled back, radiating happiness.

 

He enjoyed the little contact with his favourite hyung.

 

Key has managed to bring back all his friends’ favourite fruits. A great umma he is. Of course Key knew of his three close friend’s favourites, but being the observant man he was, he noticed a wisp of fragrance from Taemin’s bed of banana leafs.

 

“Right. Now you’ve all got what you like,” Key looked deliciously at those pretty shiny black berries, “I found these, they look really sophisticated.”

 

Key really wanted to try them so much he picked a whole bunch of them off the bush. Before he could even smell them, Taemin pushed Key’s hand away from him so hard all the black berries fell out of his left hand and roll onto the grass carpet underneath the table.

 

Key felt like Taemin had something against him, purposefully trying to get on his nerves every single opportunity he had. He glared hard at the youngest.

 


Well, I didn't really know what were their favourites, except for Taemin. But these are the easiest to pick in the wild, I guess... ;) Thanks for reading!