New feelings

The Time Traveller

 

Downstairs, Taemin was really having a hard time trying to sleep on the cold hard surface. He just couldn’t seem to find the perfect spot where his bones could fit comfortably in. In truth, he didn’t feel really tired, after all that has happened today. He had new friends, learnt some new skills, had some banana, adopted by a lovely couple and best of all, he met Onew.

 

Taemin’s eyes opened wide without any trace of sleepiness, he stared out the window looking at a single twinkling star, so shiny so bright, amongst the millions of stars contesting to catch his attention. He compared it to Onew, so outstanding amongst the four he’d seen today. He wonders if he would feel the same way about Onew if he first came into contact with Minho instead. Minho hyung was nice and patient with him today about his knives lesson, but he was pretty rough and competing. Taemin who never had to compete with anyone in his life wondered if he’d really like that.

 

Agreeably Onew had been a little rough with him in their little tickling game today, but Taemin had to admit that he had fun with his hyung.

 

“What’s with all this comparing and all? Aish Taemin what are you thinking? What are you feeling? It’s breezy the whole day today but why do you feel warm all over?” Taemin asked himself in frustration.

 

Taemin could never confide in his parents or anyone about what he was feeling, heck he doesn’t even know how to describe it! He doesn’t even know how to coin it. How could anyone help him with all these funny tingling in him?

 

Sighing in defeat, Taemin decided to clear his thoughts and enjoy the moonlight tonight. It seems to be shining especially brightly tonight, as if showing Taemin that the moon understands his feeling and is reassuring him that all is going to turn out all right.

 

He slipped on a tiger’s coat and crept out. His light footsteps on the wooden planks could be heard reverberating throughout the penthouse, though he wasn’t really concerned since the rest must be fast asleep by now. Taemin grabbed the handle on the door and pulled it open, the door creaking slightly and some wood dust sprinkled onto the floorboards, disappearing.

 

He turned to the right of the house as he headed out, slowly hiked a small hill where at the peak there grew a large tree, larger, wider and greener than the one Onew and him sat under today. The tree was old and wise, held a lot of memories for Taemin as a child.

 

Taemin, standing at the peak, inhaled and exhaled really deeply. The clean fresh air helped to rejuvenate his soul and seem to wash out all those vexing thoughts. The lonely boy laid down on the gentle grass, accepting of his weight as he stretched out under the Moon, relaxing. He continued to gaze across the vast black sky, drowsiness taking over and he delicately shut his eyelids. The cool night breeze fan over him, he pulled the coat tightly over him.

 

In Taemin’s room, Onew, still awake, heard the faint creaking he recognised as footsteps in the living room. Irrational thoughts crept into his mind. Did someone break in? What does it want? What if it’s some ugly terrifying creature? Omo Taemin is downstairs! Taemin is sleeping downstairs alone!

 

Onew suddenly shot up, missed his sandals and fleeted downstairs. Ignoring the fact that he could put himself in danger too, but he couldn’t care less. Taemin was alone downstairs defenceless!

 

“Taemin! Taemin!” Onew chanted quietly every step he took down the steps, beads of sweat formed on his forehead. Not out of the workout (or lack thereof) but out of the genuine fear that something bad has happened to Taemin.

 

“Taemin! Where are you?” Onew’s eyes swept across the room, “Oh no Minnie please be safe!”

 

Onew darted around the room, he couldn’t really see where he was going with the little light from the moon. He stubbed his pinky toe on the foot of the wooden table, groaned a little but didn’t stop to check. He had to get Taemin.

 

“Taemin…Taemin-ah,” Onew begin to weep noiselessly and ran towards the door that was left open, “The monster must’ve took Taemin away.”

 

Onew was too caught up with all his assumed knowledge of mystical creatures being evil and such. Of course they’d want to kidnap Taemin. He’s so lovely, so cute, so lovable and presumptuously yummy.

 

His teary eyes glazed the now blurry dark sky, hoping that the moon would show some signs to where Taemin’s at, to lead him there.

 

As if the moon heard him, or just coincidental, puffy white clouds gathered under the moonlight. From Onew’s point of view, the clouds has blocked out all light from the moon that lit the whole area, except for one ray of light still stubbornly shining through from a gap. That strand of helpful ray shone straight at the peak of the hill, at the wise old tree, and more specifically at the peacefully sleeping Taemin.

 

Onew blinked and a single tear escaped his confined space. He quickly caught the hint and dashed straight up the hill to the peak, there he found the sweet boy. He was rolled in his coat, large enough to swallow the whole of that skinny boy.

 

The older let out such a heavy breath that mist fogged up in front of him in the cold night. His tired legs took over him and he fell beside Taemin, lying on his back, beholding the same beautiful view Taemin was looking at earlier. He gasped a little in awe.

 

His beating heart slowed to a steady pace as he held Taemin close to him, yet meekly so as not to waken the tired boy. He felt protective over the boy tonight and can only calm down when he knows that he’s there well and alive in front of him. The sweet scent of Taemin’s hair under Onew’s nose.

 

The leader let go temporarily of all human thoughts and switched his mind to a blank, only registering Taemin there sleeping in his embrace.

 

 


When I wrote Onew weeping noiselessly, I totally imagined his face when he broke down on Guerilla Date 2013, which is ironic because he cried out of laughing too much! But that face still looked so bitter, ah he's so cute forever.

Anyway, recently I chanced upon this manga (kill me because why am I searching under this genre; too much Ontae feels T_T) which is absolutely adorable I'd thought I'll share good stuff with y'all! 

Sekaiichi Hatsukoi Manga - The case of Onodera Ritsu. 

It's about this man who came to work in a new company, away from his parents' protection, only to meet his old flame - which turns out to be his boss! So the story revolves around how he goes through hell to try as hard not to fall back in love but of course in vain. 

I swear it's so good, I read the second chapter and I feel all squirmy the author sure knows how to tug at your heartstrings. Well, I mean if you're free there's no harm checking it out. And because this is a series, there are other pairings, but I only read Onodera since there are no implications to not read the other cases. I just imagined Onew and Taemin (before he transformed to TaeMAN hehe) because it suits their character SO MUCH, which is I guess one of the reasons why I loved it.