We're leaving

The Time Traveller

 

“Open up! Open up!” Key screeched as he continually banged the door.

 

He’s not going to care that the sun has barely risen, he needs his bag, he needs to leave before Onew wakes up and stalls them here in this unpleasant land.

 

“What do you want? It’s only dawn. You ill-mannered brat!” Adam swung open the door, teeth-gritted.

 

Adam thought long and hard last night.

 

Taemin was right, he was selfish.

 

Eve was right, he was superficial and hateful.

 

But he loved both of them. He couldn’t bear to see them hurt by his own actions. He wanted to salvage his last relationships, though Adam needed time. He needed time to see things their way, yet he wasn’t given any when Key and gang showed up so early in the morning.

 

“Look ahjussi, I’m sorry for nothing. I just need my bag my medication. Onew hyung here is running a god-damn fever.” Key ed, “We are not sorry for ing up your miserable life, but we will leave by today.”

 

Adam shot a glance at the groaning Onew on Minho’s back, his heart soften a little. He was the one that threw them out to defend themselves against the harsh weather last night with nowhere to go. This was it: his chance to rectify everything, for Taemin, for family.

 

“C-come in,” Adam was almost hesitant, “Bring him in, it’s too cold outside.”

 

Key wanted to reject his offer outright, but Jonghyun saw some remorse in his eyes and held Key for him to shut up.

 

“It’s okay, yeobo, he won’t hurt us. What’s important now is treating hyung.” Jonghyun whispered.

 

Key nodded.

 

Adam moved out of the way for the 4 men to come in.

 

“Go to Taemin’s. He’s in his Umma’s room.” Adam instructed gently.

 

Minho quickly ran up the stairs, following the pathway to Taemin’s room he’s now so familiar with. He coolly let Onew slip onto the bed and pulled up the thick cotton blanket to cover his hyung completely, leaving only his head sticking out.

 

As if by instinct that its owner is back, the tokki hopped into Taemin’s bedroom onto his bed, nuzzling its rough nose with Onew trying to ease his pain away.

 

Key quickly rummaged through his bagpack strewn in the corner of Taemin’s room. He pressed two aspirin tablets out of their capsules and walked back to the sweating Onew. Jonghyun took out his bottled water from his backpack and handed it to Key. 

 

Key gently titled Onew head backwards as he lifted him by his neck and slipped the two pills into Onew’s mouth. He unscrewed the bottle and poured some water into the sick boy’s mouth to aid swallowing.

 

In a matter of minutes, the groaning boy was subdued by the effects of the pills in his body, easing the pounding.

 

The three boy stood close to Onew, looking at him with worry, wishing they could share the agony hyung was bearing.

 

“Taemin, Onew’s down with a bad cold.” Adam opened the door to see Taemin, wide awake under the blankets.

 

At the mention of Onew, Taemin shot a glance at the figure he once respected so much yet now merely a figure of authority.

 

“He’s next door.”

 

Taemin couldn’t believe what he heard. Onew? Next door?

 

Taemin sprinted to his room, knocking his Appa down without apologising. He needed to see him.

 

“Onew hyung?” Taemin stood by the doorframe.

 

Onew was still sweating uncomfortably, his breathing heavy, his face scrunched up in anguish. He was still unconscious.

 

“Key Umma, what happened to Onew hyung?” Taemin leaped into Key, pulling him in, forcing Key to wrap himself tightly.

 

“Tae-ah, hush hush. Onew had some medication, he should be alright for a while.” Key assured, “But as soon as Onew regains consciousness, we’re leaving.”

 

Taemin pulled himself away from Key’s embrace, eyes wide with misery.

 

“Why, Key Umma? Why, don’t you love me? Don’t you want to stay with me?” Taemin felt his tears wounding back to the same place, his tear ducts overworking recently.

 

“Taemin, I’m sorry. Onew’s in so much pain right now. He can’t even face you, he can’t face your father. We need to bring him away from this land of sorrow.” Key explained.

 

“Taemin, Onew’s grandpa didn’t mean to bring hurt to you or your family. It was a moment of weakness, like you are now. Grandpa Lee’s weakness was Onew, and thus he did wrong.”

 

“Now Onew’s weakness is you, but I’m sure he wouldn’t want to hurt your family by trying to take you away from them.”

 

Key hugged Taemin so tightly the maknae almost felt dizzy from the difficulty of breathing.

 

“Onew was so sorry for his grandpa’s action, he begged us to come here to save your parents. He wanted to correct everything but he couldn’t when the hate is already so rooted in your parents’ hearts.”

 

“He cried the whole night, knowing that you’re probably suffering because of him too.”

 

“Taemin, I’m sorry.” Key stopped, he couldn’t continue anymore with all the weeps choking him. 

 


I'm sorry Taeminnie :( 

 

Thanks for reading!:(