Po

The Time Traveller

 

Knock knock knock! The same incessant banging (like Onew on that fateful day) could be heard on Po’s hut door.

 

“Po-nim! I need your help!” Taemin still remembered to be polite.

 

The door opened and there stood a Dactyl, small in size, the height of Taemin’s knees.

 

“Yes what do you need my dear Taemin?” Po asked courteously to the kneeling boy.

 

“I need you to heal my friend please! You’ll do that for me right?” Taemin pleaded.

 

“Very well, lead the way.” Po consented.

 

Taemin was right, Po definitely would heal for free. He was glad he was always kind to his species.

 

Rainicorn brought Taemin and Po back to the penthouse, Taemin leading the way to his bedroom and showed Po Onew.

 

Po, with a sway of his arm, sprinkled some glitter dust on Onew’s hurt wrist, instantly clearing the swell that was starting to form.

 

“Omo thank you thank you, Po-nim!” Taemin thanked him ecstatically.

 

“At your service, Taemin. You have been very precious to my kind even though we’re really small in size.” Po bowed graciously, “If only you have fallen for my daughter instead.”

 

“Po-nim! You know that’s kind of impossible.” Taemin shrugged as he thought of when Po came to him when he was still young.

 

Well they were the same size when Taemin was 5.

 

Fallen? Did Po say I’m in love with Onew hyung?

 

“Po!” Taemin wanted to clarify but Po was already gone with Rainicorn while he was lost in his thoughts.

 

Taemin turned back to look at Onew who was now smiling, he couldn’t help wonder what kind of candy-coated dreams he was having. He sat down at the side of the bed facing Onew, arms hugging his knees propped upright.

 

Onew’s eyes were softly closed, his eyelash pointing downwards. His cheeks fair and round. Breathing was steady as his chest heaved up and down gently to the pace of his heartbeat. Hyung’s rosy-coloured lips, it was curved into a slight smile.

 

Taemin subconsciously brought his fingers to feel his own lips. Does Onew’s feel the same? It is soft and supple like his?

 

Then he was reminded of the incident on the tree. He blushed red and hot.

 

“Ah the bunny! I forgot to have Po-nim heal the bunny too!” Taemin suddenly remember looking past Onew’s head to see the bunny lying in tranquil, ears propped down as it let its guard down.

 

For a moment, he thought he saw some slight resemblance between Onew and the rabbit. How weird.

 

Taemin cupped the little white tokki in his arms and swayed it like a baby, giggling as it twitched its nose once in a while. He put the bunny back beside Onew.

 

“It’s okay, I have some healing techniques too.” Taemin walked over to his parents’ bedroom and reached for a small wooden box.

 

Their first aid kit but with herbs and silk bandages.

 

When he returned he saw the bunny has snuggled into Onew’s arms for warmth. Taemin felt envious for the first time, though of course he didn’t know it was envy. That bunny can so easily get into Onew’s embrace without giving a reason.

 

“Aish, tokki tokki come I will bandage you.” Taemin gingerly pulled the rabbit out of comfort, pretty satisfied at removing it from Onew.

 

So Taemin dipped cotton balls into his herb extract, held the white furball down firmly in his lap and rubbed some remedy to help cure the injured paw.

 

The bunny flinched each time Taemin applied the lotion. He was reminded of Onew’s toe and began laughing to himself, quite so uncontrollably.

 

“Taemin-ah, why are you smiling to yourself?” Onew questioned.

 

Onew was woken up by all the movements beside him and there he saw Taemin laughing and smiling to himself.

 

“Ah!” Taemin was startled, “Hyung, don’t scare me like that!”

 

Taemin patted his chest to calm down.

 

“What are you doing with the food?” Onew asked as he saw the bunny lying motionlessly on Taemin’s lap.

 

“Hyung, I’m trying to heal its injured paw.” Taemin replied, bandaging up the bunny’s left hind leg.

 

Taemin obviously couldn’t show Onew how he ‘tortured’ the bunny.

 

“And why were you smiling to yourself? Why are we not eating it?” Onew was amused.

 

“No, I wasn’t. We’re not because I like this bunny very much I’m going to keep it.”

 

Taemin couldn’t bring himself to tell Onew the truth without blushing.

 

“Wae? I’m sure this is not is not your first time hunting bunnies, why this one? What’s so special?” Onew was really curious.

 

It’s special because you caught it, pabo.

 

“No reasons, I just like it.” Taemin answered without looking at Onew, focused on completing the wrap.

 

“Jinjia you’re too cute!” Onew couldn’t stand the pouting yet so benevolent boy and reached up to pinch his honey cheeks.

 

“Ow ow ow!” Taemin growled as he let the bunny hop off from his lap, his hands switching to grab Onew’s wrist resisting his pressure.

 

“Hey my wrist doesn’t hurt anymore! It doesn’t hurt at all!” Onew realised, truly perplexed.

 

Onew bent his wrist up, down and in circles to confirm what he was seeing and feeling.

 

No pain at all. 

 


So it was a little fluff with these glitter things. I really don't know how a Dactyl looks like, all I know is that they are healing spirits in Greek Mythology. 

 

And yes please don't feel upset by the hurt bunny, it's being taken care of by Taemin!:) Thanks for reading!