Before the Storm: part 2

No Chance to Grow

High School Musical 3 - Can i Have this Dance?


 

after blowing the candles and cutting the cake, taemin and soojung exchanged their stories in these past days. It's been a while since the last time they met. taemin was busy preparing for shinee upcoming comeback and so did f(x). they rarely had a chance to meet or had meal together because of that. they usually texted each other becauae they didn't even have a time to make a phone call.
"so you've memorized all moves.." taemin nodded. "smart girl."
"but i'm not as fast as you, oppa. you can dance and memorize a move faster than anyone else."
"no no no.." taemin shook his head but he grinned widely.
"see? you can't even hide the fact that you're so proud of yourself."
"i am." taemin shrugged. "i'm always proud of myself, but..."
"never satisy. i know." soojung smiled, knowing that words really well.
"ah! right!" taemin clapped then dragged another box. he opened the box and grabbed a purple box with ribbon then handed it to soojung.
"what is this?" soojung surprised, she smiled because taemin wrapped it with her favorite color.
"open it.." taemin said.
"can i?"
"sure.."
soojung unwrapped her gift carefully and opened the box. she took out another small box inside and showed it to taemin.
"is it my gift?"
"our gift." taemin corrected her words. soojung opened the small box and gasped when she saw what's inside that small box.
"so beautiful.." she touched it gently.


inside of the small box, there were couple rings crafted with "taestal" inside the ring.
"i had a hard time to find our couple name so i decide to use what fans already named. taestal, isn't it cute?" taemin asked.
"yes.." soojung nodded absentmindly, still admiring the ring.
"shall we try to wear it?" taemin offered. soojung nodded then let taemin took one ring while held his left hand.
"don't get a wrong idea, jungie. i don't mean to propose you or something because we're still too young. but i put the ring here..." he paused while touched soojung's ring finger "because i want you to remember me in every beat of your heart." he smiled sweetly.
Soojung's expression softened upon hearing his words. taemin was always sweet to her even thought he acted childish around people. she nodded then let taemin put the ring on.
"now your turn." taemin said. soojung took the ring then put it on also. Thankfully it fitted their finger.
"thanks oppa.." soojung smiled then hugged taemin. taemin returned the hug while soojung's hair lovingly. when she loosened her embrace, taemin kissed her temple gently and stared at her eyes with no word. soojung stared back and said nothing. they stunned like that for a while before taemin ducked his head and leaned closer to soojung. in a few secs, he captured her lips and kissed her sweetly and lovingly.
and that's how their first kiss happened..

when finally their lips parted, both of them looked shy and blushed naturally. They couldn't even see each other's eyes because whenever their eyes met, their minds quickly recalled the memory.
"umm..ehm..i.." taemin bit his lips. he didn't know what to say after that.
"oppa why are we so awkward??" soojung chuckled upon seeing taemin's reaction. to be honest, she's also shy but she tried to be a natural as possible because she knew taemin was more shy than her.
"i don't know." taemin admitted. "that's my first kiss, so..yeah."
"me too." soojung bit her lips. "but we can't be awkward like this."
"you're right." taemin sighed. he patted his cheeks twice then trued hard to stare at soojung. "i'm okay now."
"good then." soojung smiled. "now what are we gonna do?"
"ah, right!" taemin opened the box and took something out.


"a melodion?" soojung frowned.
"i wanna sing something while play a piano for you. since i can't stuff a piano inside this box, i decided to bring a melodion instead." he explained. He blew the melodion and pressed it, forming an unknown song but still sounded beautiful.
Soojung chuckled. "you're so creative, oppa. but i have a question for you.."
Taemin stopped blowing it and turned to her,"what's that?"
"how can you sing and play a melodion at the same time?" she asked.
taemin blinked then stared at the melodion in his hand. he looked at soojung then melodion, gasping when he realized his dumbness.
"oh..i forgot about it." he mentally slapped himself. "how can i forget about it?????"
soojung shook her head while giggled, his clumsy side never failed to amuse her. she took the melodion from his hand and blew it. "how about i'll play and you'll sing?" she offered.
"NO!!" taemin shook his head. "i wanna sing and play a piano at the same time!"
"then i'll blow it. you can play and sing at the same time." she gave an advice.
"no! no! i want you to sit while listen to me, not helping me." he pouted. taemin could be so stubborn sometimes, especially when it came to his pride.
"then what to do now?" soojung frowned.
Taemin still pouted, he hated that his plan didn't do well.
their thoughts interrupted by the sounds of rain. they're surprised when suddenly rain started to pour. soojung looked at the gloomy sky and enjoyed the rain. she reached out her hand and played with the raindrops.
that's when taemin suddenly got an idea in his mind.
"i have an idea!" he exclaimed. Soojung turned to him, staring at taemin with a curious look. Taemin stirred his bag, looking for something. "Please where are you i hope i bring you.." he mumbled.
"what are you looking for?" she asked.
"find it!" taemin exclaimed once again, taking out his music player with his headset.
"music player?" soojung frowned, couldn't guess what's on his mind.
Taemin plugged in his headset then placed the music player in his jacket's pocket. After doing that, he quickly stood up and pulled soojung's hand.
"what??" soojung asked.
"let's dance.." he grinned.
"ehh????" soojung's eyes widened. Dance?
Taemin didn't listen to her and pulled her to follow him. soojung gasped when taemin suddenly ran to the garden and she's pretty sure that he did it on purpose.
in the middle of that beautiful garden, when both of them soaked because of rain, taemin plugged one of his headset to her ear and another one to his. he placed his hand on soojung's waist and held her hand with another hand.
soojung listened to the song carefully and she realized that the song is a slow song which fitted for a slow dance.
he started to move from the left, to the right."people said that dance under the rain os pne of the most romantic things." he said loudly.
soojung nodded. "can't agree even more."
"i hope you won't forget this moment because it's rare to date like this." he grinned. "i'm one in a million."
soojung nodded while chuckled. She looked at her slippers which was wet and dirty because of mud but she could care less because she had a more important thing to do.
"i won't forget it, oppa." she responded. "this is one of the best dance ever!"