Sherlock Jung

No Chance to Grow

SHINee - Sherlock


after crying for almost 2 hours and reassuring her best friend that she's okay (saying that she just had a quarrel with taemin), soojung finally managed to escape from jongin and took a cab to go home.
she stared blankly outside the window and kept thinking about several probability. she kept guessing about this "jungie" and how this girl related to her boyfriend until made him actually cried in his sleep.
soojung took out her small note and pen, writing several things and planning about their investigation.
sherlock soojung has appeared.
soojung wrote several things she knew.
-jungie, minjung.
-probably broke up because of her
-she cheated on oppa.
-maybe they went to the same jhs.
soojung bit her pen and kept thinking. Thankfully jongin had told her about taemin never had a girlfriend in high school so she got a conclusion that this girl must be his jhs's friend.
Sora's name popped up in her mind right after she wrote the last point. she remembered that her cousin used to be taemin's classmate in junior high school so there's a high chance that she could tell about this jungie.
Soojung quickly told the driver to change direction. she told the address then back to her notes again.
"maybe they're right. the best investigators on the earth are fans and a jealous girlfriend.." she muttered.

                                                                         ***

after paying, soojung quickly got off the cab and slammed the door while covering her face with jongin's cap (which jongin gave to her to cover er face). she quickly pushed the bell button and waited impatiently.
thankfully, the door opened and showed her cousin who looked surprise upon seeing her presence.
"soojung?" she blinked several times, looking absentmindly.
"unnie!" she exclaimed happily then hugged the older in a very tight embrace.
"umm..okay we have to get in first." she loosened the embrace then quickly pulled soojung inside her house.
"whoaa..it's been a while." soojung looked around the house in awe. she used to play there with jessica often but since both of them debuted, they rarely had chance to visit their relatives.
"what are you doing here?" she asked. "don't you have many things to do?"
"i'm free, unnie. don't worry." soojung said. "how are you?"
"what do you want?" the older bluntly asked, crossing her arms in front of her chest.
"i want to see you." soojung answered, looking oh-so-innocent.
"really??" The older looked suspicious. he squinted, trying to read soojung's expression.
"oh. can't i miss you?" soojung pouted. "i really miss you, unnie.."
sora's expression softened and she patted soojung's head. "i miss you, too, soojung-ah. But too bad you have to wait for several hours if you want to talk to me. I have class in 30 minutes."
"ah..it's okay. i can wait.." soojung smiled. "go home as soon as your class finishes, okay?"
"i will.." she smiled. "then..you have to be alone here. why don't you go somewhere first then i'll let you know if i'm home."
"no, it's okay. i'll wait here." soojung shook her head.
"are you sure?" she looked concern.
"yap. i think you have to go now or else you'll be late." soojung shooed her cousin jokingly.
"yeah, my lecturer never tolerate any tardiness." she sighed. "well, i'm going now. see you later."
"bye!" soojung waved, walking her until the front door. "i'll be good, don't worry."
"don't open the door for stranger." she said before getting on the car.
as soon as she left, soojung quickly shutted the door and ran upstairs. She opened sora's room and looked around it. her room didn't change a bit even after these years. she sat on her bed and bounced like she used to do. she lied down then stared at the ceiling, looking at the stars which were pasted on it.
"how to ask unnie..." she muttered, thinking about her plan seriously. she remained silent for a while before suddenly getting up and clapped her hands.
"forgive me, god. i'm okay if santa harabeoji won't give me present this christmas. but i really need to do it." she said. "unnie..sorry for invading your privacy."
soojung looked around and approached sora's bookshelf.
"comic..comic..novel..oh my, is it an adult magazine?? unnie..ckckck..magazine..magazine..AH!" she yelled but quickly covered with her palm.
Soojung found a photo album and grabbed it without thinking twice. She flipped the album and sighed when she realized it's just family pictures.
"i need to find her yearbook.." she muttered. she put the album back and started searching again. unfortunately, she found nothing there. she pouted, starting to look around before her gaze landed on sora's desk. she looked hesitate first but quickly shook her head.
"for your investigation..peek on it won't harm her." she told herself.
she approached sora's desk and pulled the drawers. she started to find the yearbook but still that book was nowhere to be found.
soojung sat down on the floor, feeling so tired after searching it almost an hour. she almost gave up when she accidentally look above sora's cupboard. she squinted her eyes and jumped on the bed, trying to see what's on it.
"there you are!" soojung sighed when she realized that the thing he had been looking for was above the cupboard. sora put her yearbooks above the cupboard and soojung didn't realize it.
she jumped highly then grabbed the book in first trial, thanks to her height.
she sat on the bed and opened the dusty book in front of her carefully.
Soojung couldn't hide her laughter when she saw sora's innocent face. she looked really different with no make up and back then, her hair was black, not brunette.
she flipped another page and stunned when she saw a familiar picture there. her fingers touched the photo gently and stayed there for a moment. she smiled lovingly upon looking at that pic.
In that picture, there's a boy with a cute and shy smile looking at the camera. his hair looks fluffy and he looked so beautiful compared to his colleagues.
soojung admired his undeniable charms for a while before flipping another page. she saw group photos, each classes with many poses. she laughed upon seeing those crazy poses.
soojung smiled disappeared when she saw a familiar figure in one of group photos. taemin, standing there with the brightest smile with his hand around a girl's shoulder. Soojung stunned when she saw the girl. That girl resembled her a lot. from the long-wavy hair, height, and the way she smiled. She looked exactly like her except this girl laughed a lot and didn't make a straight face like soojung.
Soojung's first analysis was this girl might be that jungie but she didn't want to take a conclusion very soon. she decided to find another clue by moving to the next page.
the more she moved to the next pages, the more she felt something sharp stabbed her chest. when it came to free pose or natural photos, taemin was always seen with that girl. one photo they ate together at class, another photo they made a 'peace' sign, smiling brightly with face full of paint.
Soojung couldn't help but felt sad because she felt betrayed by taemin. she got a conclusion that taemin asked her to be his girlfriend, maybe because she looked similar with this girl.
"stupid soojung.." she laughed with no humor in her laughter. tears started running down on her cheeks but she just let it.
After a while, she wiped her tears and flipped the pages rapidly. she stopped in one page and scanned the entire page, looking for something. When she couldn't find it, she flipped another page, and so on until she stopped again.
"minjung..lee.." she muttered. Not wasting time, she took her note and carefully wrote down the information about minjung. last, she took her phone and captured minjung's picture. done with all her works, she put the yearbooks back to the original place and cleaned sora's bedroom, pretending that she never came there.
"today's investigation has done!" she clapped once before leaving the bedroom.

 


Author's Note

first of all, i sincerely thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing my story. it really means a lot for me since i haven't expected that i'll have many subbies like this. lol. (((me and my low self-esteem /sobs)))

i never had a chance to write something like this and thank you guys lately because i'm so busy (like seriously). so once again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH /throws hearts

 

happy reading you !