Investigation

No Chance to Grow

the next day, right after she finished her photoshoot, soojung took a cab and went somewhere alone. right after she told the driver about her destination, she quickly took out her small note and wrote something.
'her surname is lee..the same surname with oppa..'
'she looks exactly like me..'
'oppa like me maybe because of that.'

soojung sighed after writing the last point. She shook her head, trying to calm down.
soojung stared at her small note and bit her pen, thinking about what should she wrote next.
Time passed and soojung already ran out of idea. she took her phone instead, staring at minjung's photo. suddenly, an idea popped up in her mind and she quickly opened the browser and typed minjung's name, out of curiousity.
As expected, there were many people with the same name. soojung sighed and tried to think another way. she tried to add her school's name behind her name and in a sec, it appeared.
"thank godness for high technology." soojung muttered. she opened the link and got much information about her. she went to another page and found her blog's link. not wasting time, she clicked it and it redirected her to minjung's blog.
"girls usually post their story to their blog.." she muttered while scrolled down her blog.
Minjung often posted something to her blog. soojung got much information from her posts. she posted about her family, her best friends, her report, etc. soojung still had no sign of her mentioned taemin, but she kept scrolling it down.
soojung finally got what she wanted on the sixth page. Minjung wrote something about how happy she was because she could be together with a man she really loved even though she didn't tell his name.
Soojung wasn't stupid to not know that this man must be taemin. so she kept reading her blog on and on.
'our first date!! he praised my wavy hair and said i looked good with this kind of hairstyle! i'm gonna be like this forever <3'

'today, we went to his favorite place! We enjoyed the scenery of ginkgo leaves changed its color. he loved to stare at it and he looked so mesmerize. Thanks for taking time to go out wimme even when you're so busy, jagi.'

'candy apple from him!! omo omo how did he know that i really love candy apple????'

'my heart was about to stop beating when he tugged my hairs behind my ear, staring at me lovingly while saying that i was an autumn goddess! it makes me love him even more <3'


soojung felt hard to breath when  she's reading all her posts. it felt like reading her own diary because taemin did the exact thing to her, also!!!
except autumn goddess and candy apple part.
soojung sighed and continued reading her blogs. soojung could say that minjung and taemin rarely had chance to meet or hang out from the frequency of her blog updates. she didn't even surprise when a month later minjung started to wrote about her difficulty and loneliness because her boyfriend wasn't always beside her even when she really needed him.

'thanks for always being here when i need it the most..' she wrote in one post, making soojung frowned because the word 'always'. minjung just wrote about her loneliness a week ago then thr next posts were about how grateful she was for his presence.
"hmm..something's fishy.." soojung rubbed her chin, acting like a detective.
soojung quickly entered another keyword and her thought was true. she felt something wrong when she read about minjung's previous post. minjung said 'he' was always beside her and when soojung tried to check SHINee's schedule at that time she posted it, she found out that SHINee was busy with their comeback and overseas schedule.
"third-wheel.." soojung muttered.
she checked her posts after that and it's all about how she was a stupid for doing a dumb thing and something like that.
"excuse me, miss. we're here.." the driver snapped her out of her reverie, making her quite surprise.
"oh? sorry sir, i didn't know.." soojung quickly apologized. "can you wait for a while, here? it won't take long. i come here for doing some...research." she explained.
"sure, miss. i'm gonna wait here." he nodded.
soojung grabbed jongin's cap from her bag (she always brought it everywhere since she liked it) and hid her hairs inside the cap. When she's sure that her disguise was okay, she got off the car and held her phone in her hand.
"is this her house?" she frowned upon seeing minjung's house.
Her house was none other a shabby building with bush covered the garden. soojung tried to open the gate and it made a creaky sound which irked her.
"what are you doing??" someone tapped her shoulder, making her surprise. She turned around and saw an old woman was there.
"ah, excuse me, is there anyone named minjung live here?" she asked politely.
"minjung?" she frowned. "ahh..you mean jungie."
soojung nodded. "yes..i mean..jungie."
"you must be her old friend. hmm..yes, jungie used to live her but she moved to japan after graduation." the elder explained.
"move to...japan?"
"yes. we don't know why but it's so sudden and she didn't throw any farewell party. some of her friends came here like you a few times and looked for her because we found out that she just went like that." she explained.
'she ran away..' soojung thought.
"thank you so much." soojung bowed to the elder and that woman smiled as reply before going back to her house.
soojung couldn't help but relieved because she didn't have to worry about that girl anymore. this minjung weren't here anymore and there's no way she could go back after what he did to taemin.
but one thing which still bothered her mind, she knew how precious this girl for taemin because he kept remembering her and maybe, taemin still loved her.
"Oppa loves me as minjung.." she sighed, surprisingly she's already okay with that. She didn't cry like she used to. Maybe because she's already tired to cry.
soojung didn't even bother to ask for explanation to him. She chose to ignore it and pretended like nothing happened. if taemin could pretend, she could too.
at that time, half of her kept regretting her decision to find out about it. She regretted her decision to come to his dorm and watched him slept.
she should've woke him up soon..
she should've said no when jonghyun asked her to wake him up..
or she should've thought that taemin sleeptalked about her and didn't do what she did just now..
That thought knocked into her mind as soon as she completed the pieces of puzzles about taemin's hidden agenda one by one..
Ignorance is bliss.


Author"s Note

so this is the end of soojung's flashback about what happened between her and taemin (and minjung, of course).

the next chapter is about the continuation of their problem at present. just in case if you forget (and too lazy to go back to chapter 5) soojung had a quarrel with taemin and she told him about his hidden agenda.

what's gonna happen with them?

and how about jongin? (since he said he was gonna come to soojung's house)

.dundundundun.

please anticipate.

 

 

and this is love from kai for you who reads/comments/subscribing to this story.