...and giving up

No Chance to Grow

jongin closed the door behind him and leaned his body against it. He closed his eyes while listened to soojung called his name while knocked the door, hoping that she wouldn't break the door (or else his mother would be shock and scolded him twice: for breaking it and for locking the girl outside).
"jongin-ah!! Yah!! I'm not gonna move until you open it!!" he could hear her voice clearly yet he remained silent.
jongin heard the sound of soojung stomped her feet then went somewhere. he peeked from the hole and realized soojung wasn't there anymore.
'leave already?' he thought.
he wanted to open the door to check it but his heart told him to stay still and sticked to the plan.
he should've said no that night, not giving in so easily as always. but jongin couldn't help but come because he could never refuse soojung's sos call.
that's how much he cared for her..
And how that affection hurted him and broke him into pieces as always.
"stay still, jongin." he told himself.
20 minutes passed and jongin stayed at the same place: leaning his body against the door and listened to soojung's grumpy voice. he couldn't deny that her voice always made him relax and happy. For the first time since that night, he felt a drowsiness took over him.
jongin almost fell asleep when suddenly he heard a strange voice outside. he listened to it carefully but nothing happened.
his feelings told him to go outside for something he couldn't explain. Slowly, he unlocked the door and opened it, almost getting a heartattack when he saw soojung lied down right in front of the door, looking so pale and weak.
"so-soojung." he stammered. "wake up.."
soojung didn't reply, making him more panic than ever.
"soojung-ah!!!" he yelled at her but still, no response from her.
jongin quickly carried her bridal style inside while kept looking at her worriedly. jongin remembered soojung had anemia. she couldn't be too tired or stayed outside for too long because the heat could make her weak.
"soojung-ah.." he still tried to call her name while carried her. when jongin finally reached the living room, he carefully put her on the couch and sat beside it. he touched her forehead and realized it's so hot.
"i should've not let her outside." he said, regretting his stupid decision.
he stood up and went to the bathroom. he took his handkerchief and damped it. after that, he came to her and put it on her forehead after tucking her hairs behind her ears.
"i'm sorry.." he whispered.
Even after what happened to him, he couldn't be mad at her. he gave up so easily and decided to be good as usual to her. he just couldn't avoid her and saw her like this. 
his love was bigger that his ego. that's it.

soojung opened her eyes slowly and blinked several times. she frowned when she realized she was lying on a soft thing, not a hard stair in front of jongin's house.
she took the handkerchief on her temple and got up, feeling everything suddenly spinned around. she held the back of her head and closed her eyes tightly to bear the pain. She finally gave up when the dizziness wouldn't go so she lied down again.
soojung recalled her memory. she remembered she was waiting for jongin to open the door by knocking it and calling his name as loud as possible. she didn't even care if his neighbours came and sued her for making a fuss there. after minutes passed, she leaned her body against the wall and closed her eyes. she wiped her sweat with the back of her hand and fanned herself since it's so hot at that time. she couldn't really remember but after that her eyes grew heavier and she closed her eyes. she didn't remember what happened after that because she was pretty sure that she fainted again.
"you're so stupid.." someone said behind her. she quickly got up even though she's so dizzy and turned to the one who spoke to her just now.
"jongin-ah..are you.."
"what would you do if i didn't come out and found you in front of my door, unconscious?" he sighed, couldn't hide his worry.
"you carried me.." soojung looked at him, smiling because there's a hope in her chest. If jongin still cared for her like this, he wasn't that mad, right?
"i won't let people sleep in front of my house especially girl otherwise people might think i'm so bad." he answered.
"thanks.." soojung smiled weakly and flinched when the sharp pain came again.
"don't sit." he sighed, approaching her and forcing her to lay down again.
"are you still mad?" soojung carefully asked. Jongin stunned, not knowing what to do.
"jongin-ah.." soojung called him again.
"i'm just upset." he finally answered.
"mind to tell me?" she asked.
"not now. you should take a rest first." he said.
"i'm okay.." soojung stubbornly answered.
"yeah you are." jongin rolled his eyes "and then you lost your consciousness because you're really okay."
"i'm just tired. and today is so hot that's why.."
"stop talking." jongin cut off.
"let me explain first." soojung pretended that she didn't hear what he said previously.
"if you refuse to hear what i said, i'm not gonna talk to you anymore." he threatened.
"eh?? that's unfair!!"
"okay then. i stop talking." he shrugged.
"eh?? ukh jongin-ah..okay i'm not talking anymore but please talk to me." she sighed.
"go sleep. i'll call your mother later." he said while patted her head gently.
"hmm..but promise me you'll talk to me later!"
"hmm.." he said.
"not hmm. say yes!"
"yes."
"okay i'll sleep then." she smiled at him and closed her eyes. the dizziness plus the way jongin patted her head made her slowly felt sleepy again. she changed her position, curling like a ball while facing him.
"good girl." he said with the lowest tone. he didn't want to wake her up.
"jongin-ah.." she muttered with eyes still closed.
"hmm?"
"i'm sorry. I'm glad we're friends again." she muttered.
jongin stopped her hair and stared at her face for a while.
"who said we were?" he answered.