unhide the hidden agenda

No Chance to Grow

 

taemin came back 15 minute after he left. he looked at them and realized the gloomy atmosphere around them.
"i smell tears." He said nonchalantly while sat between them. soojung quickly wiped her cheeks and coughed to clear . Jongin quickly stood up and waved at them. "I guess i have to fill in my stomach with those tidbits so... enjoy your date!" He smiled a bit before running away.
taemin smiled until jongin lost from his sight. he huffed then turned to soojung.
"so, how's your bonding time with your best friend?" He asked casually.
"umm..it was fine." She answered carefully, kinda suspicious and aware of her boyfriend. "Why?"
"I don't know." Taemin shrugged. "I saw tears stain on your cheeks."
soojung gasped and quickly wiped it with the back of her hand. taemin huffed, pulling soojung's hand and looked at her seriously. "Stop it."
"Huh?"
"You were crying." That was statement, so soojung remained silent and didn't say anything. "At least say something and make me useful as your boyfriend."
"Oppa.." Soojung looked at him. "what did you say?"
"i tried my best to make my girlfriend happy yet she still refuse to talk to her very own boyfriend." Taemin looked sad, making her washed with guilt.
"I didn't mean to make you feel that way. you helped me a lot for sure." Soojung said, touching taemin's arm.
Taemin pulled soojung in his embrace and stayed like that for a while. soojung closed her eyes, focusing her mind to taemin and stopped thinking about anything else. for now, she wanted to let herself cried on taemin's embrace.
"How..." Taemin said with a low tone.
"What?" Soojung loosened her grip in  taemin's shirt.
"which one do you like?" Taemin looked at her, running his fingers through her hair. "Hmm?"
"what?" Soojung was confuse. she still didn't get what taemin asked.
"my embrace compared to jongin's....which one is better?" He asked while looked at her.
soojung gasped. her eyes widened upon hearing his question. slightly opened and her heart started pounding faster than usual.
"W-what?" Soojung blinked several times while her suddenly dry lips.
"You know what i meant." taemin rolled his eyes.
"O-oppa..did you."
"Yes i saw what you did." taemin shrugged. he said that with straight face and usual tone so it's quite hard for her to guess whether he's mad or something.
"Are you mad?" Soojung asked frantically.
taemin tilted his head with unreadable expression. "what do you think?"
"I don't know." She shook her head. "Your expression is unreadable."
"Wow i should try acting." he chuckled, staring at the night sky with smile on his face. once again, it's unreadable smile.
"Oppa..you make me confuse." Soojung said. "Are you mad?"
"Am i?" he asked her back. "Am i supossed to be mad at you?"
"I guess?" Soojung answered in doubt. for now, she decided that answer and admit it as the mistake was the best decision.
Taemin smiled again and hummed a song soojung never heard before. he looked at the sky and closed his eyes, enjoying the cold breeze.
"Oppa.." Soojung called him again, trying to find out.
"Yes?" He turned to her, smiling like nothing happened.
"Don't do that.." Soojung huffed. "It'd be better if you're mad, yell at me, or talk about it than stay like this, like nothing happened."
"Hmm? what are we gonna talk?" Taemin asked.
"Umm..about us." Soojung bit her lips, hiding her fear.
Taemin reached out his hand, her hairs lovingly. "My dear, soojungie.."
"O-oppa.." Soojung shuddered, she suddenly felt afraid of him.
taemin stopped when he saw fears in her eyes. he sighed before turning to her, changing his previous smile with serious look. "Are you afraid of me?"
soojung gulped and lowered her head before slowly nodding.
"and when you're afraid like this, who's the first person that come to your mind?" he held her chin, lifting it up so her eyes met with his.
Soojung was silent. she knew the answer yet she refused to say it.
"Say it.." Taemin commanded, knowing her mind so well. "And don't even try to lie."
'Jongin..help..' She cried for help but in reality, she didn't even produce any sound due to her fear.
"jungie, baby.." Taemin sang in her ears, making her shiver even more. "don't lie.."
"o-oppa..stop." Soojung pleaded. she almost cried because taemin looked like a psycho in her eyes. she looked around frantically but taemin cupped her face, forcing her to look at him only.
"you have a good looking boyfriend here. stop looking around." he kissed the top of soojung's nose then smiled brightly. "Good girl."
"Oppa..why do you do this to me??" she cried. "Oppa..taemin-oppa..it's not you. please go back to your sanity."
"I'm sane, jungie. perfectly sane." taemin frowned deeply. "why did you say that?"
"You scared me oppa. you're scary." Soojung said.
"Really? And i wonder why.." he clicked his tongue and started caressing her cheek. once again, soojung shuddered and looked around to see any help.
"Oppa..stop it. lemme go. it's too late, we have to go back to hotel." soojung gave him a 'friendly' reminder but unfortunately, taemin didn't care much.
"Do i look like i care?" He said with super bored tone.
"and now, jungie baby.." taemin trailed his fingers on her face. "mind to answer my previous question?"
"N-no.." soojung shook her head violently. she suddenly stood up and and ready to run away from taemin but taemin was faster than her. he easily caught her wrist and pulled her, forcing her to sit on the bench again.
"where're you going?" Taemin smirked, making soojung lost her mind and she cried jongin's name out loud. "Jonginaaaaa!!!" She started sobbing because she's so afraid.
Taemin clicked his tongue and lifted his hand. soojung quickly closed her eyes, thinking that taemin would slap her or something.
but she felt nothing.
she slowly opened her eyes and saw taemin looked at her, amused. he chuckled a bit and much for her surprise, he flicked her forehead slightly, making her winced.
"Babo." he flicked her forehead once again. "Is it that hard to say his name?"
"E-eh?" Soojung blinked confusedly. she didn't know what just happened. Her tears stopped right away because of that.
"What? did you really think i'm a psycho?" he turned to her, showing a mischievous grin.
"so you didn't..."
"I think i should try acting.." Taemin tapped his chin. "It's really good, huh?"
soojung felt dumbfounded. she still had no idea about taemin's weird behavior. "Umm..can you tell me what did you do just now?"
"Me?" Taemin pointed at himself. "Ahh..i just helped a dumb girl who had a hard time to admit her feelings."
"w-what?" soojung squealed.
"what? did you want to deny about your feelings to jongin?" He asked her bluntly. "Ba-bo."
"what did you say???" soojung raised her voice. she must be crazy because she just imagined stuff like taemin said she had feelings for jongin..
"I said you're stupid and jongin too." He raised his voice too.
"How did you know?" soojung couldn't help but ask him.
"Aha! so you just admitted it." Taemin smiled with full of satisfaction.
"I didn't." soojung defended herself.
"In denial." Taemin snorted. "As always.."
"Yah, oppa!" Soojung hit his arms, unhappy with taemin's action.
"did you say it because you saw us hugging?" Soojung asked.
"nope." Taemin shook his head.
"No? and then?"
"are you curious?" Taemin .
"Yes, i'm so curious please lee taemin-ssi can you tell me before i die and haunt you everytime." Soojung hissed.
"Oho..i'm scared." Taemin mocked her and stuck his tongue out. "like seriously."
"One time you act like psycho and obsessed boyfriend and another time you look like mischievous boy as if nothing happened." Soojung groaned in frustration. "How did you know about my feelings when the truth is, i don't even know mine.."
Taemin smiled. "i know you better than you think. The same goes to jongin."
Soojung huffed. taemin had a point here.
soojung looked at taemin without saying nothing for a moment. Taemin smiled at her,"what's wrong?"
"you're not mad?"
taemin shook his head. "No, not at all."
"Then.." Soojung continued. "Mind to tell me about my feelings?"
"it's easy." taemin snapped his fingers. "Why don't you ask yourself?"
"I have no idea.." Soojung shook her head.
"Oh really?" Taemin leaned his back against the bench, staring at the night sky. "You don't even know the reason why you can't get mad when you found out about me and my ex?"
"What do you mean?" soojung frowned deeply.
taemin stopped staring at the starless sky and looked at his girlfriend. "My dear girlfriend.." He started. "Normally, a normal girl would get mad if she found out that her boyfriend dated her for a strange reason and had a hidden agenda.."
"Hmm..and your point is?" Soojung asked.
"And my point is.." He paused "you didn't get mad with me because...you did the same thing as i did."
"What?"
"are you sure you have no hidden agenda?" Taemin raised his eyebrow.
"hidden agenda?" soojung repeated taemin's words. She sighed, knowing what taemin said.
"So you already knew.." She sighed.
"i always have that thought but i have no evidence." he chuckled. "1-1 then."
"It's not a soccer match. no score." Soojung clicked her tongue. "How did you know?"
"know what?" Taemin pretended to have no idea.
"You know what i meant.."
"I don't!" Taemin defended himself. "Please repeat the question in details so i'll know how to answer it?" 
Soojung groaned in frustration. "Taemin oppa..." She hissed "how did you know about my intention to date you only to make my best friend get jealous?"
 
"jongin.." soojung cut off. "you don't know how it feels to love someone that much, even when that one hurts you, you refuse to go because you just need that person."
 
'i do!' he screamed inside his heart, but actually saying nothing.
 
"and you don't even blame him or mad at him?" jongin asked her.
 
"i can't be mad at him because of some reasons." she drifted her gaze away.
 
"because of love reason?" jongin said with sarcasm
 
"one of them, but not the main point."
 
"then what's the main point?" jongin asked.
 
soojung turned to him and smiled. "trust me you don't want to know."
 
'I can't be mad at him because i have the similar condition with him. i dated him for making you jealous..' Soojung thought but didn't say it.
some things better left unsaid.

 


** since i'm posting it via phone, i'll edit it whenever i'm on my lappie. enjoy the update and please don't kill me. /runaway/

you know i love you so much, right? thanks for reading, subscribing, and commeting this story. i feel loved <3