Sick

No Chance to Grow

#np: SHINee - Y.O.U


 

After school, jongin came to soojung’s house because she didn’t come to school. When he tried to call her, she didn’t answer either so jongin was quite worry. That’s why he ended up appearing in front of soojung’s house right after school.

Jongin was greeted by soojung’s mom and she kindly asked him to go upstairs to see soojung. She said that soojung was sick and had to rest for couple days.

‘she looked healthy yesterday..’ he thought.

Jongin knocked her door twice and he could hear her weak voice. “come in”

He opened the door and smelled the scent of her room. It smelled like flowers, like her hair.

He quickly came in and closed the door behind him. He often came here and soojung’s family trusted him so much so they didn’t mind if jongin came. He looked at soojung who lied on her bed with blanket covered her body. He could see that soojung looked so weak and her face was swollen.

“what happened?? “ he approached her and sat beside her bed.

“my allergic.” she smiled weakly.

“i know. I mean, how? I thought you said you wouldn’t eat apple anymore.” Jongin frowned. “look at you.”

“i accidentally ate apple yesterday.” She simply replied.

accidentally?” jongin looked unsure. “when we’re at cafe, you ordered orange juice.”

“umm..” soojung mumbled.

“when did you accidentally eat that?” jongin asked her. His feelings told him that it’s not an accident. Her condition was really worse according to her mom. That’s why jongin had to know what happened with his best friend.

“umm..”

“jung soojung, you’d better answer it or i’ll go now and refuse to talk to you forever.” He threatened her, standing up like he wanna leave.

“no!” soojung shook her head, grabbing his hand. “don’t go..”

“then tell me.” Jongin sat down again and stared at her.

“i..ate apple candy yesterday.” Soojung murmured but that’s enough for jongin to hear her.

“apple candy?? Soojung-ah, why did you eat that? You know you’re allergic to apple, right?” he raised his voice unknowingly, making her startled.

“don’t be mad at me. You scared me.”  She said.

“i’m sorry..” jongin quickly apologized and her arm. “why did you eat that?”

“oppa bought me so i couldn’t throw it.”

“what? Doesn’t he know about your allergic?” jongin frowned deeply. It’s weird how they’re in relationship for almost 2 years but taemin didn’t know about it.

Soojung was silent, avoiding eye contact with jongin. Jongin knew that soojung didn’t want to talk about it anymore so he changed the topic.

“so..how are you?”

Soojung lifted her head and looked at him. “better than ever.”

Jongin put his hand on her temple and felt that she slightly got fever. “have you ate your medicine?”

Soojung nodded. “but i still can’t sleep.”

“why?”
“i don’t know.” Soojung shook her head. “i haven’t slept for almost 24 hours now. My eyes refused to shut.”

“but you need to sleep, so you’ll get better soon.”

“i wish i could.” Soojung sighed. “i really wanna sleep, jongin. But i can’t sleep.”

Suddenly the door opened and her mom appeared, bringing her a glass of milk. Jongin quickly stood up and took it from her mom.

“it’s not even heavy, jongin.” Her mom chuckled. “but thanks. You’re so nice.”

“it’s okay, ahjumma.” He smiled. He took it then put the milk on the table beside soojung’s bed. He carefully helped her to get up then handed her a glass of milk.

“ah..i wish i could have a son.” Soojung’s mom said.

“trust me, umma. He’s not as nice as you think.” Soojung commented, making jongin glared at her. She giggled then quickly gulped her milk.

“mom!! Jongin just glared at me!!”
“tattle-tale.” Jongin rolled his eyes, making her mom chuckled.

“you guys are so cute. You look like a sibling.” Her mom commented.

“i don’t wanna have a brother like him.” Soojung shook her head.

“and so do i. It’s more than enough to have two noisy sisters.”

“aigoo..stop fighting. I’m going downstairs now. If you need something, just call me.” She told them.r

“arasseo.” Soojung nodded.

When her mother was gone, soojung turned to jongin. “can you stay here?”

“aren’t you supposed to sleep?”

“yes. But i’m afraid to sleep.” She admitted it.

“why?”

“nightmare.” Soojung sighed. I always had a nightmare after date.

Soojung thought jongin would laugh at her or something. But he unexpectedly nodded. “okay.”

“eh? You don’t mind?” soojung looked surprise.

“nope. Now, sleep. I’ll be here so don’t worry. “ he assured her while rubbed her head affectionately.

Soojung smiled then gently closed her eyes, suddenly feeling so sleepy. “sing me a lullaby.”

“you asked too much.” Jongin mumbled.

“but at the end, you’ll always grant my wish.” She mumbled.

“not this time.” He refused to sing because he was never confident with his voice.

“jongin-ah..” she mumbled drowsily.

“hmm?”

“thanks for holding me whenever i’m about to fall..” she said in english.

“mwo??” jongin looked at her confused but she didn’t answer  because she’s no longer awake. he could hear the sound of her breathing and her eyes were shut tight.

He waved his hand in front of her face, making sure he was really asleep. He tugged her stranded hairs behind her ears and whispered,”sweet dream, soojung-ah.”


 

(A/N:)

hello everyone! since i (unexpectedly) have a free time so i decide to write. so here it is.

and i read your comments (and PM also) and some of you demand me to make it kaistal and some of you want me to make it taestal.

 

Thanks for participating and happy reading you !