That Summer

No Chance to Grow

Secret - Friends


Summer at 2009...

Soojung ran happily from her class to her school's gate. She jumped in joy while checked her watch once before smiling so brightly.
She stood in front of the gate and waved to her friends and smiled to people who recognized her. She looked around, waiting for her ride to come.
"Maybe he's on the way.." She murmured, checking her watch after 15 minutes. Her school started to be empty, only a few students and teachers were there.
Soojung leaned her body against the wall and pouted. She wiped her sweat with the back of her hand and kept looking around. Still no sign of him.
'Where's he..' Soojung thought. It's already 40 minutes and he hasn't came yet. Soojung's uniform was already wet but she stubbornly stood there even though it's a hot summer. She didn't want him to think that she's already home because he took to long to pick her up. So even though her face reddened, she still stood there.
Her body stiffened when suddenly he felt something on her head. She quickly turned back while touched her head, realizing that it's actually a baseball cap.
Her expression softened when she saw the one who put a cap on her head.
"Jongin-ah.." She smiled widely.
"What are you doing here? It's so hot." He frowned.
"I'm waiting for oppa." She smiled at him.
"Oh.." He simply responded.
"Oppa said he's on the way. He was at sbs, taking vic-umma there."
"But it takes too long. Has he called you?" Jongin asked. Soojung shook her head.
Jongin sighed then opened his backpack. He took his mineral water, and gave it to soojung. "Drink it. You must be thirsty."
"Thanks.." Soojung smiled then took the bottle before emptying it.
"Ckckck now i don't have any water left." Jongin shook his head.
"You can refill it. Duh." Soojung rolled her eyes. "Don't you have to go to company now?"
"Later. I'll accompany you, first." Jongin said, leaning his body against the wall too.
"Awww..gentleman." Soojung grinned, ruffling jongin's hair. Jongin rolled his eyes, pretending that he's annoyed because of her action.
"Don't touch my head, soojung." Jongin said calmly.
"But i love touching your head because your hair is like poodle's fur, so fluffy!" Soojung giggled.
"Whatever." Jongin said then let soojung touched his hair again. Soojung stared at him for a while then pulled her hand.
"You know what? The one who will be your girlfriend someday is the luckiest girl ever. Because she has the nicest boy as her boyfriend. The one who will take care of her, comfort her, and always be there for her." Soojung said.
They stood by each other, looking at the street. Jongin smiled unknowingly when their arms touched each other. He always loved the sensation whenever he's with soojung. It felt so nice. "And if you had a girlfriend, would i still be able to do this to you?" She continued jongin's hair. "She must be soooo jealous!"
"She won't." Jongin replied.
"She will, babo. Girls are sensitive. Even when i'm your best friend, i'm still consider as a girl!"
"Hmmm.."
"I think i'm gonna miss you when you start dating." Soojung lowered her voice.
"It won't happen soon, soojung. Trust me." He said. "But i have feelings that you're the one who will date first."
"Nonsense. I'm not even close to any guy except you, sehun, and sunbae-oppa." she paused. "So don't worry, we'll stick together for a while before getting our own date."

Jongin smiled when he heard what soojung said. He closed his eyes in relieve, thinking about what soojung said.

‘there will always be soojung and jongin. And nothing to worry about.’ He thought

 


(a/n:)

hello you !

this is the first chapter of this story. since i'm so busy because of college stuffs so i might be able to update it once or twice a week. thanks for waiting for it patiently and happy reading ;)